New Dish Prices, effective Jan 16

MitchDeerfield

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2016
Florida
This is a reprint

So I was speaking with Dish today and was told that effective January 16, 2018 they will be doing the annual price increase. This is what they told me...

Locals 10.00 new price 12.00
Welcome Pack 19.99 new price 22.99
Smart Pack 31.99 new price 32.99
Dish America 44.99 new price 47.99
Flex Pack no change
AT 120 59.99 new price 62.99
AT 120+ 64.99 new price 67.99
AT 200 74.99 new price 77.99
AT 250 84.99 new price 87.99
AEP 134.99 new price 137.99

I took the renewal offer they said had to do a 24 month commitment but they said it would lock my price to the 2016 prices.

She mentioned that the Latino core packs will go up as well as late fees & box return fees but I did not write those down

When will most folks loose their patience with price of Locals?

Glad I recently dropped my locals in lieu of my existing ota antenna.

Just having to get used to the loss of prime time anytime... waiting on my dual tuner to arrive by mail today. That will help a bit with conflicts.

The problem with Dish Locals for $12 a month is that they don't give you any of the subchannels, which I really enjoy. Comcast gives you most of them for $8. The old movies and tv shows are what I like to watch. I have Flex and they don't even let me see Grit or GetTV.

I honestly don't think Dish is keeping competitive with DirecTV, if you see some of their new customer deals.

This is a reprint

So I was speaking with Dish today and was told that effective January 16, 2018 they will be doing the annual price increase. This is what they told me...

Flex Pack no change

I took the renewal offer they said had to do a 24 month commitment but they said it would lock my price to the 2016 prices.

She mentioned that the Latino core packs will go up as well as late fees & box return fees but I did not write those down

It looks like maybe the $3 increase to the Welcome Pack is to accomodate the increase in local channel cost. Too bad there is no price lock for Welcome Pack.

Reactions: pattykay
The problem with Dish Locals for $12 a month is that they don't give you any of the subchannels, which I really enjoy. .
The problem I have with Dish Locals is that PTAT is STILL bugged for my ABC recordings and has been for as long as I can remember. If I don't watch a recording within the first week, it is a crapshoot whether it will play back correctly. If they want to increase prices, they should at least fix some of these issues that have been around for years. But just as everything else with Dish, we have no idea whether anyone is aware of the issue I am describing even though it has been posted here many times.

For reference: Strange PTAT Issue Only On ABC

Like I posted on that "brand x" DBS forum, I did the two-year contract for Flex Pack in 2016 just to get the price lock, and now it looks like the price wouldn't have increased anyway, even without the contract.

Reactions: Bruce
Is the $12 locals on top of the package prices or included in part or all?

Comcast adds it on top of their packages ( that and the RSN fee).

On top of.

In a way, I think it makes it more transparent to the customer. People who previously thought of locals as a sort of bundled freebie now realize the extortion that is taking place (by the locals, not Dish). They might think, "wait, $12 for something I can get for free with an antenna?!" Unless of course they're out of OTA range, then maybe it's worth $12. I don't know.

Reactions: TheKrell

Cable was started to provide a big antenna for locals..it just seems crazy to charge extra for them

Reactions: Jim S.
On top of.

In a way, I think it makes it more transparent to the customer. People who previously thought of locals as a sort of bundled freebie now realize the extortion that is taking place (by the locals, not Dish). They might think, "wait, $12 for something I can get for free with an antenna?!" Unless of course they're out of OTA range, then maybe it's worth $12. I don't know.

Just for clarification.. on my package it says AT200 (regular 74.99) and breaks down the locals and the package on the lines below.. 64.99 for the package and 10/locals which add up to the regular 74.99.. are you positive that the 12 is added to the 78.99 (the new price.. forgot what it was in your post).. if what u say is correct, my bill is poised to go up 16 bucks. Yikes! I hope I’m misunderstanding!!

Just for clarification.. on my package it says AT200 (regular 74.99) and breaks down the locals and the package on the lines below.. 64.99 for the package and 10/locals which add up to the regular 74.99.. are you positive that the 12 is added to the 78.99 (the new price.. forgot what it was in your post).. if what u say is correct, my bill is poised to go up 16 bucks. Yikes! I hope I’m misunderstanding!!

Just think of it as a $2 price increase for locals, and then a price increase on your package (see the first post in this thread)

Reactions: dolfan3033
Just think of it as a $2 price increase for locals, and then a price increase on your package (see the first post in this thread)
But wait, is dolfan3033 right that the old prices listed include the locals? See the bill breakdown in this post:
In that case, it is only a $3 increase total, $2 of which is for the locals. That would not be so bad, since the chart in the first post makes it look like a $5 increase total when you add in the locals:
Flex Pack no change

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts