NEW DISH Pricing as of May 23, 2013

Did they really think we would welcome a fee/package price increase?? Any thread I remember about a rumored or actual announced increase is always overwhelmingly against it.
No, but a smaller increase is not going to rally the troops as much as doubling fees and adding double-digit increases to people's bills. Who knows, these numbers were probably already targeted, but the leak was higher to make us feel like we won some kind of battle. Lower expectations to prevent disappointment.

What I think DID change from initial plans is the grandfathering of all fees for existing configurations.

At this point I'm seriously reconsidering installing my upgrade to a hws & 2 joeys. :)

I may try to sign up before the deadline :eek:. At least even after may it will be less than expected.

Guys I have heard from DISH that your voices here were heard LOUD AND CLEAR.

Thank you for voicing your opinions here at SatelliteGuys! :D

Great news Scott, glad to hear our voices were heard and who knows may have played a role

Thanks scott for the info and always great info at satguys!

That's great news! But the question of the hour is, "How long does grandfathering last?"

I took a chance and it worked out. My install was this past weekend even though I knew of the fee hike. I was hoping it was for new subs. Glad to know my fees won't be going up (yet!!!). :)

Last edited:
I honestly don't know why Dish doesn't make satguys their main online forum.

I wonder for new customers what they may think as they are trying to decide on two Hoppers or one in the future

Humm...may may the time to upgrade one Hopper to Hopper with sling, if I am going to do it, got to do it before the 22nd :)

Last edited:
I wonder for new customers what they may think as they are trying to decide on two Hoppers or one in the future

With all the new customer incentives,don't think it will dissuade many from getting 2 hws instead of 1.

Oh man... This is great news. Wonder how long the grandfather status will last? I wonder if changing programming packages or anything of the sort would lose the status?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Oh man... This is great news. Wonder how long the grandfather status will last? I wonder if changing programming packages or anything of the sort would lose the status?

Good question, look at the revenue now that they are not increasing fees on us "old timers" :)

I won't be dropping down packages now

Hell yea!! I have no problem giving a little to keep this great site going!

I know a great site when I see it. I have paid for membership to many different sites, this one is by far the one and only site that has actually ended up saving me far more money than the membership fee ever costed! It is why I will continue to be a pub member for as long as I can (which will probably be years.)

Since I don't have a Hopper, the interesting part of this thread to me is I'm going to have to pay 2 bucks more a month to get Red Zone this fall. At least I got multi sport at a half off discount last season.

This is quite a bone Dish has thrown us. SatGuys now have time to upgrade and be grandfathered for a while, while the general public will not know to. I don't think Dish would put this in an ad - too confusing to most.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Since I don't have a Hopper, the interesting part of this thread to me is I'm going to have to pay 2 bucks more a month to get Red Zone this fall. At least I got multi sport at a half off discount last season.

Same here getting at half off right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)