NEW DISH Pricing as of May 23, 2013

Nope. Sending it back to Dish (it's leased). Two Hoppers and one Joey are enough for my household and I honestly just don't want to fiddle with the wiring and adding another node to the set up. (And the bedroom where the Joey is really doesn't have the room for a Hopper anyway).

If first gen Hoppers could transfer to iPad, I wouldn't even bother upgrading, but that feature will come in very handy in a couple of months. Might as well upgrade now and avoid the additional monthly costs.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Oh, for some reason I thought you only had 1 Hopper.

Do you think if Dish had announced (or leaked) a fee increase of only dollar or 2 on the DVR fee and the second Hopper it would have caused such outrage? Seems to me it would be smarter to announce a small increase on each and then raise it again in 6 months another small increase. That way we can bleed to death without noticing the impact. I imagine the grandfathering will probably be only for this go round. Fee increases are inevitable I guess.

The following was posted earlier by Chris Blount of DBSTalk.

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/204054-dish-fees-and-some-packages-going-up/page-2

I want to jump in here and point out that we have NEVER taken credit for changing the minds of any satellite company about anything and we don't plan on doing that in the future. We try to stay as neutral as possible and do not allow a "call to arms" against any company. Just bad form all around and only makes enemies in the business world.

My reply to this comment is as follows, first off there was no "call to arms" against any satellite company here, instead our members just voiced their opinions over the announced new pricing.

Secondly SatelliteGuys is a website run by consumers to serve consumers. If we feel that there is something happening in the industry that we think our members should know about we will mention it. Out first obligation is to you our members, not the satellite companies. While we may not have a "call to arms" we give you information so you can make a better decision on where to spend your money, and we also give you the ability to speak your mind.

While DBStalk is a business, SatelliteGuys is not. Sure we like it when we do make a profit, but that is not our main mission. Our main mission is to serving you with America's best Satellite and Home Theater Technology news, talk and information.

And that's what I have to say about that. Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Here is a list of the new DISH Network pricing effective May 23rd, 2013. Some of this pricing is different then what has been discussed before so please take note! (Also remember you read it here first at SatelliteGuys. If you post this information elsewhere make sure you mention you saw it here at SatelliteGuys.) :)

Existing Customer Hopper / Hopper With Sling DVR Fee- $10 a month (No Change)
Existing Customer with Additional Hopper / Hopper With Sling DVR Fee - $10 a month (No Change)
New Hopper / Hopper with Sling Subscribers DVR Fee- $12 a month ($2.00 a month increase)

Existing Customer Hopper with Sling Additional Receiver Fee - $7 a month (No Change)
Existing Customer Hopper / Hopper with Sling Adding an Addition Hopper / Hopper with Sling after May 22nd - $12.00 a month ($5 a month increase)
New Hopper / Hopper with Sling Customers - $12 a month ($5 a month increase)

NO INCREASE IN FEE ON THE JOEY RECEIVERS

Programming Changes

DishLATINO Plus - Going from $37.99 to $41.99 a month ($4 a month increase)
Multi-Sport Package - Going from $9.00 a month to $11.00 a month ($2 a month increase)
Outdoor Sports Package - Going from $3.00 a month to $4.00 a month ($1 a month increase)

I am very pleased that my bill isn't going up any more. Sad that I won't be able to add a second Hopper before that date though. Still, this was a good move by Dish for existing subscribers.

My reply to this comment is as follows, first off there was no "call to arms" against any satellite company here, instead our members just voiced their opinions over the announced new pricing.

Secondly SatelliteGuys is a website run by consumers to serve consumers. If we feel that there is something happening in the industry that we think our members should know about we will mention it. Out first obligation is to you our members, not the satellite companies. While we may not have a "call to arms" we give you information so you can make a better decision on where to spend your money, and we also give you the ability to speak your mind.

While DBStalk is a business, SatelliteGuys is not. Sure we like it when we do make a profit, but that is not our main mission. Our main mission is to serving you with America's best Satellite and Home Theater Technology news, talk and information.

Good reply Scott. I seen that post in their site and almost replied to it but I didn't want to get snapped back at or blocked from their Forum so I just didn't post anything.

I also agree with you Scott. I think the pricing to watch tv has gotten crazy. I started off with satellite with the big dish in the early 80's when it was free. Now it's crazy high and you still have to put up with commercials which has always paid for programing. Unless you have premium channels, and they play the same thing over and over month after month and it cost to much. I still pay to watch but it makes me sick every time I get the bill!

The way those admins and mods act over there is just so childish. It is why I rarely ever post over there and why I post over here. That's probably why their forum is so inactive in comparison as well.

I would like to add to my comment above. I thought it funny that yesterday after reading about the satellite companys pricing them selves out of buisness, my partner at work told me she gave up her dish because of the high prices and went to netflix. And these high prices are going to catch up to them. To me it has gotten out of hand in this economy we live in.

I just upgraded from Hopper 2000 to HWS. Customer service rep said there would not be an upgrade fee. I verified it with him a couple of times. I just had to agree to a new 2 year contract. They are shipping the new receiver and I just have to swap it out. I hope I don't get an upgrade charge on my bill later. I want to get everything in place before May 22.

I figured it was too good to be true. Today my account shows a $200 charge. The cust serv rep didn't know what he was talking about. I called in to cancel the upgrade. They couldn't stop the shipment. They told me to reject the shipment when it comes and it would go back to them and the charge would be taken off my account.

The way those admins and mods act over there is just so childish. It is why I rarely ever post over there and why I post over here. That's probably why their forum is so inactive in comparison as well.

I post here, I post there. Read lots in both places too.

What I'm really not interested in reading here nor there is how the 'other guy' does things.

That said, I don't agree with some of their positions, but they are very tightly tied to Direct with no few moving on to employment with Direct. Given that, it seems logical to make it a bit more 'tame'.

I figured it was too good to be true. Today my account shows a $200 charge. The cust serv rep didn't know what he was talking about. I called in to cancel the upgrade. They couldn't stop the shipment. They told me to reject the shipment when it comes and it would go back to them and the charge would be taken off my account.
at that price, you could just buy one at Dish depot and avoid extending your contract.

http://www.dishdepot.com/dish_receivers.jsp

Well, I've changed my mind again. I'm just going to stay with a 722 on 3 tvs. I know I'm worse than a (fill in the blank). :rolleyes:

Even though there is several refer a friend credits on my bill. The bottom line is I just still feel like the prices are way too high & don't like the fact of paying for a lot of channels that never get watched. As long as I have hd on 1 tv, which is the main tv watching anyhow I can live with that. The other 2 tvs are little & mainly have pandora or the local news playing. I do like the hopper interface & speed, however ptat is something that would never get used here or the sling. Just can't justify the extra money for it.

I'm happy there won't be a price change for those with hoppers. It definitely feels like a battle was won.

:cheers: until the next one.

I'm just glad (us customers)have a place to voice our opinions.The original pricing scheme that Dish posted here,was simply too much,to think that we actually made one iota of difference is great imo.

We're not telling Dish how to run their business but,we can share our thoughts.Happier customers makes for a better company without a doubt.;)

I'm really considering dropping dish, not because i don't like them but because that 85.00 could be used else where. I'm thinking about getting Apple TV and using that to watch shows with Hulu plus on . It would save me a 924 bucks a year. I'd love to refer friends but the refer a friend program is an insult if you ask me. 10 bucks off your bill sounds a lot better than 5.00 off. Dish should give more of an incentive for people to stay. TV costs are getting out of hand. Just think If dish dropped their receiver fees that would save the customer money and more people would join and stick around.

And just one more from Chris Blount to close on, I think it speaks for itself.

Again you are talking about consumer activism which is not in our charter. We are about people helping people.

This subject matter is off topic for this thread so feel free to contact me privately for further discussion.

"Consumer activism..." HA! It's called having an active forum. Nobody was revolting or anything, just expressing their disgruntlement. Of course that's not what they're "about." What they're "about" is having narcissistic moderators and allowing trolls (most of you probably know which troll in talking about) to ruin their forum. Which is why it's barely active.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Been long time reader and lurker but had a question....I currently have two hoppers and 4 joeys with one of the hoppers having the "old" attached sling adapter via wireless bridge. Would there be a need or reason to upgrade one of my hoppers to one with the built in sling capabilities and not use the "old" attached sling adaptor? If there was good reason to do that I would just not sure. Thanks ahead of time.

Been long time reader and lurker but had a question....I currently have two hoppers and 4 joeys with one of the hoppers having the "old" attached sling adapter via wireless bridge. Would there be a need or reason to upgrade one of my hoppers to one with the built in sling capabilities and not use the "old" attached sling adaptor? If there was good reason to do that I would just not sure. Thanks ahead of time.

No difference in the Sling capabilities. The only two reasons to upgrade to Hopper w/Sling from a Hopper 2000 would be faster menus and iPad transfers. If you already have wireless and Sling on the Hopper 2000 then the only difference would be that Hopper w/Sling has those built-in.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts