New Dish'n it up promo

n0qcu said:
You DON'T have to pay for repairs.

Item #8 of the promotion terms and conditions.

In addition to this, it appears from Scott's report on today's dealer chat that new customers who take DHA will now or soon have the option of the Deluxe $5.99 warranty plan for no additional charge if they agree to a 2-year commitment or they can still choose to go with no commitment with the standard DHA plan.

I probably have no business posting on this topic since I have only had the service for a week.
I get my service through SBC here in Connecticut, I have no commitment, and they will repair or replace any thing that breaks as long as I have the service. I pay for shipping but I figure I can find out were to bring it and swap it my self if it breaks. The only thing that I would think will break is the DVR. Nothing else has any moving parts.
http://www04.sbc.com/SWOT/Residential/Dish/1,,27--7-3-22,00.html

Hardware replacement

After about 3 years, the hard drive on our original 501 DVR receiver did in fact die - due to the kids leaving the receiver on over night. I called Dish and they happily sent me a replacement and I just had to paste on the included pre-paid UPS label to send back the old one. End of story. We are on a lease program and do not pay the warranty fee.

As far as the upgrade promo goes, I wonder about how easy it really will be to set up an 811. We have a Dish 500 but I know nothing about what would be required to receive off-air HD broadcasts of locals. Our locals are not available in HD via the dish. Can anyone tell me what type of antenna would be needed? The brochure for the 811 indicates that it can be connected to an off air antenna.

I have a $1.99 warrenty plan trough dish on my owned equipment. So why do they charge lease customers $5.99? Also if you pay little or nothing to get a new receiver and it break and you have to pay for a new one is it not the same a buying it in the first place?

You are grandfathered until January, then WE get pushed onto the more expensive warranty plan. It will be intereseting ot see how loud the yells get when people see that on their bill.

jmac8409

The type of antenna you need depends on how far you are from your broadcast towers. Go to Antennaweb.org and put in your address, and it will tell you how far towers are, and what strength antenna you need. You may be able to get away with an indoor antenna.

Off air antennas

I just checked antennaweb and found that all of my locals are within 35 miles. Anybody have any suggestions on which of the MANY antennas to go with? It looks like I should dump my Dish locals and go with off air locals. Has anyone set up a system like this?

I saw on one of the other threads a post discussing the upgrade deals being offered by Dish and wondered how easy it will be to set up the whole thing - 811 HD reciever, off air antenna, off air HD locals,... What little extra gadgets will I need?

Thanks in advance.

Believe it or not you can get great results with Radio Shack 930-0998 Double Bow Tie antenna. It's cheap and it works pretty good. Call them and ask them to check stock in the computer, usually they can tell you a store near you that has one hiding in the back or something. My locals are just under 50 miles from me, and I put mine in the attic.

My gosh - that's exactly the same antenna they've been selling for like 30 years (except now it has "HDTV" in the title). If it'd known it was going to be a classic, I would've kept mine.

I called 2 weeks ago and was given 2 options on a leased 510 shipped to me. I could pay 99.00 and 5.00 a month lease, or I could pay 24.95 shipping and return a 2700 that I own for a 24.95 credit, and 5.00 a month lease. I chose option 2, so I am basically giving them a receiver so that they will lease me one, does this sound right? I ordered 2 weeks ago and was told by the CSR that it would "be on my door step in 7-10 days." I called Wednesday and it hasn't shipped yet and didn't know when it would ship. All they would tell me is that it was scheduled to ship October 28, but hadn't shipped yet.

will i lose the dhp plan ?

i had to sign a contract for the dhp NOT dha plan when i first signed up and i had a bad 301 and they sent me a replacment in like 2 days... will i ever lose this plan as long as i stay a customer? or will i start having to pay for replacements ? i do no pay any 5.99 or 1.99 fee it was included when i signed up like 18 months ago... will this change anytime soon or do i get to keep it ?

Convert DVI to firewire? or DVI to Component?

Can't Add Strong Digital Station on 811

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)