New DTV Customer No HD Sports

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bk63ross

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
San Francisco
I just had DTV activated a few days ago with the HD Access and their Sports Pak. What channels will I be able to view games in HD? I have yet to see our local FSNBA light up any games in HD yet either. Am I missing somethng here? What channel is our local RSN on that carries the HD signal? Is it 654, 95, 96 or 97?

The Official Site of The San Francisco Giants: Schedule: 2007 Giants Schedule

Next FSN BA Giants game in HD is vs. Yanks on Sunday. I get FSNAZHD on 96. Don't be too disappointed. The DBacks have 2 games scheduled in HD on FSN this month. The Giants have a decent lineup of HD. Milwaukee series was not in HD.

The Sports Pack will not net you any additional HD games or pro sports games in general. The Extra Innings package w/ SuperFan has had about 10-15 games/week in HD.

I just had DTV activated a few days ago with the HD Access and their Sports Pak. What channels will I be able to view games in HD? I have yet to see our local FSNBA light up any games in HD yet either. Am I missing somethng here? What channel is our local RSN on that carries the HD signal? Is it 654, 95, 96 or 97?

FSNBA is a part time channel, so far. If they aren't showing enough HD for you, then you should complain to them. Directv can't show what isn't available. From what I have read, if they are on, they are on channel 96. For that you need an HR20 or H20 and a 5 lnb dish. Did you get those in your install?

Yes got the 5lnb slimline with the H20 mpeg 4 receiver. Do we at least get replays in HD from the east coast RSNHD'S?

Replay's. No. Keep in mind, everything will change in September. Even though you have the right equipment, bandwidth is still tight and only a few RSN's are available. Most are only part time and few select games. That goes completely away in September with the new satellite. Its frustrating I know but a few months is all we have to do.

Replay's. No. Keep in mind, everything will change in September. Even though you have the right equipment, bandwidth is still tight and only a few RSN's are available. Most are only part time and few select games. That goes completely away in September with the new satellite. Its frustrating I know but a few months is all we have to do.

Brewer,
The bandwidth issue can be addressed in September, but there is nothing saying that the FSN's will show the rest of the games in HD, I would imagine they have thier schedule pretty well set by now.
Of course, I would check your individual FSN website for confirmation of what games will be available in HD.

Jimbo

I recall hearing several months ago that FSN had very limited HD capability. Nearly all of the FSNNW HD has been home games, although I did catch one Mariners game at San Diego recently in HD.

It might be too late for baseball season but there is Hockey. NESN does Bruins here and looking forward to my fellow nutmegers sharing the HD bliss. We need this new satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)