New Dual Tuner OTA Adapter

Dish has never sold the dual-tuner module. It's only been available from other retailers.
Yes, Dish seems to have gotten out of the business of selling any OTA adapters directly. They no longer even list the old MT2 module as an available accessory in the mydish store when I log into my account with a ViP722k.

The number of 722K receivers going into service has to be extremely low so in turn, the need for the OTA module will be even lower. Makes sense that they don't..... The current dual-tuner adapter is a different story though as they've never offered it. Maybe they simply don't want to sell it yet since it doesn't do 'everything' it says (yet - I know a s/w update is supposed to be coming to enable it).

The number of 722K receivers going into service has to be extremely low so in turn, the need for the OTA module will be even lower. Makes sense that they don't..... The current dual-tuner adapter is a different story though as they've never offered it. Maybe they simply don't want to sell it yet since it doesn't do 'everything' it says (yet - I know a s/w update is supposed to be coming to enable it).
True, but since demand is so low, they are also not very likely to run out of supply, so why not continue to offer it for sale if they still have any in stock?

I also connected the new dual tuner to my laptop running Windows 10 Professional, installed the drivers, and it worked. Compared to my network attached HD Homerun tuner, the reception is much worse, but it DOES function as a dual tuner dongle on PC.

Reactions: donebu
Maybe they've already run out... That would be my guess.
Maybe. All I know is that when I was upgraded to a ViP722k in February, the installer happened to have the MT2 module with him. I was upgrading from a ViP612, which has the OTA tuner built-in, so I would have been ticked if the module wasn't available.

I'm trying to remember, but we went from a 622 with built-in OTA, which died, to a 722k and I got an MT2 module 'included'. That is, Dish provided it to me at no add'l cost - I did 'insist' on it as well, as I told them I currently have OTA capability with the 622 that died and wanted to maintain that capability. I don't remember if a technician brought the replacement or if they shipped it either. It's possible an installer brought it to "install". I've had them come out before because if you call for a replacement on a Thursday or Friday, they sometimes don't ship until Monday or even Tuesday, then 2-3 days to arrive, so you can be without Dish service for almost a week, whereas a technician can often be arranged the following day or day later around here.

Reactions: pattykay
Haven't seen anyone note this yet, but I am now able to use both OTA tuners on my H3. Anyone else able to do this now?

Don't know when it was enabled, but it's definitely working. Nice little silent upgrade there.

I had 2 OTA tuners when I had 2 HWS. I have 1 connected to the H3. Can I now use them together on the H3 or do I need the Dual one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts