New feature hdmi control coming soon

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Pennsylvania, United States
New DirecTV Feature: HDMI Control

HDMI Control—a new feature that allows DirecTV set-top boxes to automatically turn on the customer's TV and select the proper input—is currently rolling out with the new software version x851.

The Details:

Feature Highlights:

·         HDMI Control will be enabled by default and will activate each time the customer turns on the DirecTV receiver by pressing certain remote-control buttons.
·         The customer’s HDMI Control-enabled IRD will turn on the TV and switch the TV input if it is connected to the TV via an HDMI cable and if the TV supports the HDMI CEC standard.
·         HDMI Control will help alleviate customer frustration if they should accidentally change their TV input.
·         Educating the customer on this feature is a great WOW opportunity.

Testing Feature Compatibility:

Do the following to test if a customer’s TV supports this feature…

·         Connect the IRD to the TV using an HDMI cable.
·         Switch the TV to another input
·         Turn off both the TV and IRD
·         Power up the IRD

Rollout Timing:

·         HDMI Control is rolling out to H24, H25 and HR24 models.
·         The feature is scheduled to launch later this summer with Genie servers and clients.

More Information:

·         Some TV models may not support HDMI Control. If the TV does not power on and switch to the input being used by DirecTV, no further action is needed on your part.
·         As always, if any customer-affecting issues are discovered with this feature, please report the issue to ISS/FPR at 1877 MasTec0, identifying the TV make and model along with what did not work as expected.
·         The HDMI Control setting can be accessed by going to:
Menu -> Settings & Help -> Settings -> Display -> Video.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nice feature. My Sony BR player does that and when I turn off the player it puts the TV back on the input that it was on before.

This is called HDMI-CEC.

The Hopper has had it since the beginning of the year. Some like other others not so much. DISH made it so people can turn it off if they like. I had to turn if off on one TV has the Hopper kept taking control of the TV switching inputs when I was watching stuff on my Roku.

My Samsung will revert to the input my Roku is connected to but I assumed it was because it's the only active box connected to the tv.

I believe you will be able to turn it off... well have to watch the ce roll out next weekend and see where the version numbers land.

Last part of my op says you access the feature controls from the display preferences menu. So take that as you will. I haven't seen the feature live yet.

I sure hope so - I have a Harmony remote and don't need my DirecTV turning the TV off when I switch sources!
Yes, you can switch it off, thank goodness. It can cause chaos if you have more than one device attached to a TV via HDMI

I was wondering why my DirecTV box all of a sudden started showing up as a "Anynet" device on my Samsung TV.

Last part of my op says you access the feature controls from the display preferences menu. So take that as you will. I haven't seen the feature live yet.

attachment.php

Posted Via The FREE iOS SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1400790714.161579.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1400790714.161579.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 774
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)