New FTA game: Mash-ups!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Woofle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Here's the recipe:

1. Find a transponder with different audio and video channels that should NEVER be mixed under any circumstances. (Think "crossing the streams".)

2. Manually enter the audio PID for one and the video PID for the other, and mix them up! :)

3. Save and enjoy, and if unintentionally funny enough, share it with us!

The audio can come from either a radio channel or a different TV channel on the same transponder.

This is especially "useful" for radio feeds, since there is no video anyhow. I find some visually interesting foreign language channels can be fun to watch while listening to a radio feed in English. Might as well put something up to watch while listening. :)

But no reason you can't take audio from one TV channel and video from another.

Here's an example entry, and how it works:

Figure out how to access your "add channel" feature.

Take the audio PID from audio source and enter as audio PID and PCR PID

Take the video PID from the video source and enter as video PID

e.g.:

Galaxy 25/11714/V/22031
Video PID = 2010
Audio PID = PCR PID = 3007

Audio: KNLB Christian Radio
Video: Al Anwar

A lot of fun and strange (and in the above example, just plain RONG!) combinations are possible.

Warning: the above is RONG! and guaranteed to offend someone. My intention is to show a goofy example, and is NOT to be taken seriously.

It's all in fun, so those without a sense of humor, please don't try this at home. :)

Otherwise, share your mash-ups if you find something good!

:eek::D:eek::confused::):eek: (typical sequence)

--- woofle

I don't wanna hear one more word from y'all that say that 'I' have too much time on MY hands...:D

Actually that works pretty good. There are a couple feeds out there that use a scrambled signal for video but audio is in the clear. Change video pid to a 24/7 channel on that TP and voila. Works good. :)

Also allows you to put the radio channels in the TV section of your channel list :)

Also allows you to put the radio channels in the TV section of your channel list :)
This is what I do, and I believe Diamond Jim has mentioned this at least a dozen times. Only he hasn't made it into a Game. So Woofle, you can have the Credit for that! And maybe if you play your own game, Stogie won't think you have to much time on your hands, or at least not mention it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)