New FTA service with 20 english channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wonder if FTA DBS will add teletext news services, since we can put all our FTA receivers to good full use of it, since it's allready have the teletext feature built in.:):hungry:

Not only that they can make more money by putting the ads on teletext E-newspaper.:D

I have said and thought for a while now that Dish Network / Directv should have had their own FTA offering on the satellites. This would have allowed them to have customers purchase their own equipment to save the providers money and potentially attract more customers.

You're kidding, right?

Echostar is one of the largest FTA receiver manufacturer's in the world...

I read the post as a reference to competition. How many subs would DISH Network lose if this freedbs offered 20+ free channels just for having a 3 foot dish in the backyard? DISH Network obviously wants people to pay for a programming package from them.

Echostar the equipment company might do fine with freedbs launching if Echostar would make a receiver for the backyard dish FTA market instead of relying on just DISH and Bell DBS markets for their products.

You're kidding, right?

Echostar is one of the largest FTA receiver manufacturer's in the world...

Am I kidding? Not at all. Echostar and Dish Network are two separate entities, btw. In reference to FTA, Dish Network only thinks in terms of signal theft. If they had their way, they'd ban all FTA boxes. They only see them as piracy devices and totally ignore the legal use of them.

Looks like FreeDBS now has several contracts closed for channels.

1. The NASA Channel
2. Diamond Billiards Channel
3. Direct Broadcast Satellite News
4. The Aviation Channel
5. CowBoy Television
6. Direct Broadcast Satellite Information
7. Mountain Music Channel
8. Home Builder's Channel
9. The Race Channel
10. The Free Movie Channel
11. Free Sports Channel
12. The Horse Channel

I'm getting anxious to see the launch date.

its funny the industry hasnt caught on yet. koudos for freedbs trying to put stuff in the air. let 3rd parties build the boxes and the end user install their own equipment or hire someone too. what could create more jobs? its really crazy the government ever allowed a provider to provide their own hardware (eliminated jobs) or allowed them to send out their own installers (eliminated more private jobs) or would allow cband subs to die. seems the consumer always gets shafted and forced to consume. funny we have the numbers and yet let things go on the way they are.

ex. i once had a sc reciever i scored from an aquaintence. he told me there was a balance on it but he'd take care of it. about 2 months after that without seeing him i found out he shot himself. wow. so i tried to sub the box about six months after he was dead. the csr told me there was a 250 dollar balance and the box couldnt be subbed until it was paid. i respectfully told the csr i could buy a new box for 200 dollars with credits but i already had one and that buddy was dead and id be willing to settle for half the balance. a fair solution to everyone. the csr told me it wasnt possible. i asked her what i should do with this reciever then, it still had the plastic on the lcd display. she said unless id pay the balance it was garbage. i asked her if it was sc's corporate policy to throw perfectly good hardware into an overfull landfill and she told me that it appears it is. haha.

long live fta. F#$% the providers and their greed. super props to anyone trying to provide freetv. may god bless them. we all want to see this go live.

crackt out,.

I hope, we will enjoy this service for few years. On the end, they will be bought by one of the 'big guys', scrambled and fees up to the roof.

I hope, we will enjoy this service for few years. On the end, they will be bought by one of the 'big guys', scrambled and fees up to the roof.

I give it less than a year if the biggies are added IE ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox.

But I will enjoy it until then.

All of these Free channels on a satellite that covers the entire U.S.... Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?
I am beginning to wonder if the whole thing is nothing more than a scam. Greg

I'm thinking some of these might be a scrambled service...no way they can have some of these stations ITC

Heck the NAB would go ballistic if the 4 networks were free to air.

They really need to explain themselves about the networks if they want people to take them seriously.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts