New FTA service with 20 english channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
avj1joe

I don't talk much here but read a lot when checking in several times a day.
Thank You for saying what I was holding back.

Tracker.

it is very obvious that the folks at freedbs have put a lot of research, time, $, and effort into this venture to those of us who have been following it since day one.
projects of this magnitude take time.
have some patience, or try to start some tv service yourself.
i think that you will find it takes more time and effort than you think.
personally, i thank them for the effort they have put into this so far.
i think that it is very feasible that they will succeed, but if for some reason they don't, at least they tried, which is much more than most have done.
my .02
Denny

Let me know when it launches. I'm done with you guys. Enjoy vaporvision.

Ok we will let you know. And thanks for all your words of wisdom. Not sure what this group is going to do now with the lost of a "Television professional" :eek:. As far as myself I hope they succeed if not no harm done I have nothing invested as others have already express here . By the way I enjoy any type of *vision. Good luck to you and your career.:rolleyes:

Me along with many others expected there to be some that would not believe that the service would ever come to light. No matter what it is, there will always be doubt, especially if it takes a while for such service to come to light. I think where there are so many things announced that ends up never happening it makes it hard to believe a lot of things that are announced. Seeing is believing and when/if the service comes to light then enjoy the service. If it never does then at least they tried. You can't blame them for trying. What else can you expect? I am sure they are doing all they can do and it takes a process to get the job done. Rome was not built in one day.

BTW...I think Mr. Sadoun was treated poorly with some of the comments toward the Sathawk receiver.
I will admit I did have some comments about the Sathawk before it was even here but you have to realize that some of us have been screwed by receivers that claimed something then didnt have it. Too many recievers claim blind scan and didnt have one or a crappy one. Heck the Pansat 9200 said it would do DVB-S2 but they didnt tell you that you needed a separate card for that.

So when the mfg said there is auto scan and we asked if that was truly a blind scan and got "yes yes it is now buy from us" as an answer, who wouldn't be skeptical??
Until we got screen grabs that showed it did blind scan did I stop with my comments.

Sadoun took a chance with this receiver. From what I understand, he went to China to the manufacturer so he does have more input than just someone who stocks them. It seems like there was a lot of pomp and circumstance on the receiver and after the 1st batch was sent out its been quiet. Has the 2nd bath even gone out yet?

I notice lately he's no longer a gold sponsor here. I hope it's just a coincidence and a business decision. Just my .02
Sponsors go on a yearly basis and his year came up for renewal before the Sathawk was even posted here. Possible due to the economy he did not renew. That is between him and Scott

Lighten' up w/ the hate-or-ade

Just because their business plan sucks, it could work, until their satellite space is shut down due to missed payments, etc.

Say what you will, but I'd bet anything (even the Lions winning the Superbowl!) that this will be yet another example of someone with an ideal that just doesn't gel properly.

P.S. I'm still waiting to see something like "Meeting with John's Grandma" in their timeline! :D

King I don't want to get into a flaming match with you. BUT I have to express my disapointment in your posts. I actually agree with you that this may get shut down before it gets started. But why such negativity? Many pioneers of new companies, services, and inventions were told that their ideas would not work. I really hope FreeDBS proves you wrong. Even if they don't their efforts show what kind of character they have. Regardless of the outcome your statements show what kind of character you have.

P.S. It wasn't that along ago that you might have bet against the Saints winning the Superbowl!

King I don't want to get into a flaming match with you. BUT I have to express my disapointment in your posts. I actually agree with you that this may get shut down before it gets started. But why such negativity? Many pioneers of new companies, services, and inventions were told that their ideas would not work. I really hope FreeDBS proves you wrong. Even if they don't their efforts show what kind of character they have. Regardless of the outcome your statements show what kind of character you have.

P.S. It wasn't that along ago that you might have bet against the Saints winning the Superbowl!
I'm sorry if I came off with a negative attitude. I guess I'm just tired of people with great ideas that don't have a clue how to make them a reality. Maybe these guys will succeed, maybe they won't.

p.s. I don't bet on sports....I just get paid to beam them up in the sky so everyone else can enjoy.

I wonder if the FTA receiver manufacturers are backing this financially?

The FREEDBS effort seems legitimate to me. I hope the mfgs. are backing them.

If FREEDBS becomes a reality, and in the near future we can buy a HD / MPEG4 / DVB-S2 capable FTA receiver from a respected brand for $200 or less, they'll sell a lot of new boxes!

I wonder if the FTA receiver manufacturers are backing this financially?

The FREEDBS effort seems legitimate to me. I hope the mfgs. are backing them.

If FREEDBS becomes a reality, and in the near future we can buy a HD / MPEG4 / DVB-S2 capable FTA receiver from a respected brand for $200 or less, they'll sell a lot of new boxes!

Nice point. Seems logical from their stand point. Investment would be minimal considering how many units would sell.

I also wouldn't mind if it was like someone suggested (here or another board) for them to have a pledge drive like PBS. I think though paid advertisement would be the standard.

Love following these comments, just hope this comes to fruition.

I'm sorry if I came off with a negative attitude. I guess I'm just tired of people with great ideas that don't have a clue how to make them a reality. Maybe these guys will succeed, maybe they won't.

p.s. I don't bet on sports....I just get paid to beam them up in the sky so everyone else can enjoy.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can "forget" to flip the encryption on sometime? With encryption on, like the recent NASCAR races, it is difficult for us "others" to enjoy. He he he he. ;) Have a great day!

April 1st 2010: Started Multi-Channel in house equipment test.

April 7th 2010: Multi-Channel testing completed.

News Release: 4/12/2010

Our most recent tests ran into a few problems that have now been corrected. Leon was the tester for a three channel network placed in his home. He was given the cowboy channel, The Fight channel, and the Kids channel. After four days we swapped out the Fight Channel for World War TV. At Leon's request we have made changes to the software to insert a popup graphic at the bottom of the screen to display the next film coming up, this feature is optional and will be displayed 30 seconds before the end of a previous film, just before a commercial break. (This process is used by other networks)

We have gone over our programming line up to make the best use of a prime time that spans across multiple time zones. Some programming may be repeated during the day to allow everyone to have access to the film.

April 1st 2010: Started Multi-Channel in house equipment test.

April 7th 2010: Multi-Channel testing completed.

News Release: 4/12/2010

Our most recent tests ran into a few problems that have now been corrected. Leon was the tester for a three channel network placed in his home. He was given the cowboy channel, The Fight channel, and the Kids channel. After four days we swapped out the Fight Channel for World War TV. At Leon's request we have made changes to the software to insert a popup graphic at the bottom of the screen to display the next film coming up, this feature is optional and will be displayed 30 seconds before the end of a previous film, just before a commercial break. (This process is used by other networks)

We have gone over our programming line up to make the best use of a prime time that spans across multiple time zones. Some programming may be repeated during the day to allow everyone to have access to the film.

I like the idea of knowing what is coming up next.
Any word on your time line to going on air?
Thanks, and thanks for your efforts.
Terry

EPG 4 ME

My preference -- I would prefer seeing the title of the next segment in the EPG with no pop-up screens at all. (Hate the pop-up.) If no EPG is available, then, well, fiddle-dee-dee, I gueeeesss I could make do with the pop-up. Sigh!

I guess I'd rather see "3 months to a year" then have it working in July instead of them saying "2 months" and then not seeing it active until December

Dish Network subs know that all too well...."SOON" seems to be in most Dish Network conversations

I have had a thought since I first saw this thread, but I have a long WAIT and SEE... Some things said by Wayne -O sound like Wayne Co .... I know Wayne Co's company has a CitationX airplane as well as an HD TV studio, but can not do commercial business in that company name.... It also has a company that produces commercial electrical power. If Wyane-o is Wayne Co.... then I do not doubt the finances or the success. But I have not asked him - and I will not ask, it is not my business.

I wish this company great success - in fact I pray for their success.
Nuf said
POP

I knew we could agree to disagree

p.s. I don't bet on sports....I just get paid to beam them up in the sky so everyone else can enjoy.

That's more like it.

You mention great ideas so, I would assume you think that this is one. Without insults or extreme negativity please eloborate on what you don't like about their business plan. I personally admire their honesty and openess about their business plans. I don't think it's going to be lack of funds or imaturity that is going to get in their way. I think their biggest hurdle is the subscription service providers. With the money, power, and influence the Big guns have to throw around I think they will shut it down or buy it out before the first years out. As a subscription TV and antennna TV installer I think there is a great need/market for a service such as this. With the current economy a lot of familes can't afford $75+ a month for television. Some of these families can't even get the locals. This service would fill that gap.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts