New FTA service with 20 english channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I really hope they hold off on the MPEG-4 transition. I've been browsing different retailers sites and Ebay. An HD receiver with an 8PSK module is really expensive. The cheapest buy it now price for a used receiver was still around $200. A new one is well over $400, and there aren't that many to choose from. Unless the price comes way down, that's going to be a big investment when the time comes.

I really hope they hold off on the MPEG-4 transition. I've been browsing different retailers sites and Ebay. An HD receiver with an 8PSK module is really expensive. The cheapest buy it now price for a used receiver was still around $200. A new one is well over $400, and there aren't that many to choose from. Unless the price comes way down, that's going to be a big investment when the time comes.

Well, with USB 8PSK receivers going for $65 (Prof-revolution 7500/QBOX 2 at shop.prof-tuners.com), it simply makes sense to setup a media center machine instead. This is exactly what I did for my folks in Europe and those work fine here in the States too.

I just noticed that they now have The Golden Age of TV listed as well as The Golden Age of Movies. It looks like the old Whitesprings TV might be upgrading. (I hope.) Has anyone had any luck in contacting them (Whitesprings)? I tried, but my emails went unanswered.

LoTech

Hopefully I can answer this for everyone, and you can take this statement to the bank.

Yes I have been in contact with White Springs TV, and yes they do answer my emails. And again yes they are interested in the prospect of putting the "Golden Age of Movies Channel" (White Springs TV) on such a broadcast, if all is legit.

I was informed that if they had any further to commit, that they would email me with information to post, or they would publically release the information through normal channels. My last contact with them was serveral days ago and have not received an email back as of today. If any negotiations are in process it would be prudent for them not to comment untill finalizations.

Other than their broadcast interests that I have posted here I am prohibited by confidentiallity curtisy from posting anything else.

... NYPD (anyone remember that one with Jack Warden from 1968?), Petticoat Junction, Emergency, The FBI with Efrem Zimbalist Jr, Mannix, Man from Uncle, The Prisoner, Honey West (Anne Francis), Burkes Law, Lock Up, Time Tunnel, Voyage to The Bottom Of The Sea, The Invaders, The Untouchables.

I remember a few of those pretty well. I was a fan of Emergency (I even had the action figures!), The Man from U.N.C.L.E, Voyage and Time Tunnel. I don't remember NYPD or Honey West though.

Looking over everyones posts about old shows, got me thinking. Seemed liked I can remember just waiting for the new season premiers, and they always seemed to be great, even if they were in black and white. What happened to TV, they used to be so diversed in content from one network to another, a lot of scifi, westerns, comedy and sitcoms.

You had Lost in Space, The Invaders, The Fugitive, The Avengers, The Rat Patrol, The F Troop, I could go on for ever and loved them all. Here is one, wonder if anyone remebers the one season run of Mr. Terrific?

I am wondering, is also there a plan to launch a FTA radio on satellite?

It will be cool to get out of town super radio stations, from around the country and not only the also get UK, Austrlaia radio stations and same goes for NZ as well too!:)

Either you can take advantage of the millions of existing MPEG2 receivers in existence for the potential of an instantly available viewing audience or you launch a network that only has the availability to reach less than the 200,000 HD capable units estimated to have been imported. I suggest that the launch with MPEG2 with an announced plan to migrate to MPEG4 is an excellent business plan. They appear to be focusing on capturing an existing market with minimal start-up cost then transitioning the viewers to new technology (possibly distributed and supported inhouse) as the MPEG4 distribution and reception equipment becomes more readily available and at lower cost.

We agree again Brian, absolute solid advice and if they chose to ignore it they are doomed to failure.

Just curious what type of regulatory hoops are these folks going to have to jump through with the FTC or whatever the American equivalent to our CRTC is.
I know FreeHD Canada is well into an expensive and time consuming process, hopefully you have less red tape than we do.

Just curious what type of regulatory hoops are these folks going to have to jump through with the FTC or whatever the American equivalent to our CRTC is.
I know FreeHD Canada is well into an expensive and time consuming process, hopefully you have less red tape than we do.

I think it all comes down to money, programming and contracts. They should not need FCC approval if they lease space with Ku Band uplinker.

With FreeHD Canada and FREEDBS on the horizon, it could be a really great time for people who have line of sight for satellite reception. Someone who lives in Toronto, Vancouver, Windsor type areas would also have excellent reception of over-the-air digital stations from both Canada and the USA. Rogers and Bell should start to worry...:D

I would love to see FreeDBS up and running. It will be fantastic for all of the dealers and for the manufacturers. I really hope that the manufacturers come on board with this project, because they have the most to gain from it.

Is there any indication anywhere of when this "free dbs" service will launch??? :confused:

2010? 2011? 2012?... Next week??? :D

This sort of makes me think of what some wanted to happen to C-Band in the mid 1980's when scrambling began. As I recall, there were some in the industry that wanted to establish channels specifically for TVRO, I believe that some wanted to start add supported in the clear channels, and there was a call for some that were scrambled but at a lower price than the cable networks.

interesting updates recently

January 20th, 2010: Contacted by Brian Gohl - President Glorystar Christian Satellite Service

January 21th, 2010: In contact with promoters "Lethal Attitude Wrestling"

January 22th, 2010: Acquired rare aviation films for TAC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)