New FTA service with 20 english channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Location and Launch-time...

Maybe it's just Me, but I have been to that site a couple of times, I have searched this thread and I still have not been able to see(find) the proposed Location of the Sat or the proposed Launch-time of the service. Can, will anyone shed any light on this...? :hungry:

I'll pray they don't use AMC 4 or SES 1 since the footprint doesnt cover the Caribean any longer!!

Maybe it's just Me, but I have been to that site a couple of times, I have searched this thread and I still have not been able to see(find) the proposed Location of the Sat or the proposed Launch-time of the service. Can, will anyone shed any light on this...? :hungry:
The reason you can't find this information is because they haven't announced it.

There has been an update from their website... hxxp://www.freedbs.org/

News Release: 7/01/2010

We are in talks with other corporations and businesses that we are working with to bring this about. We are also categorizing our media.
Due to the number of repetitive e-mails, We have reduced the number of representatives you may contact by email.

This is c/p from another legitimate site I frequent:

"I think it is time to spread the word and burst this fantasy bubble elsewhere. Anyone that wants to is welcome to c&p any of this thread to any other site.

*sniff sniff*

I can smell the b.s.

Quote:News Release: 7/01/2010

We are in talks with other corporations and businesses that we are working with to bring this about. We are also categorizing our media.
Due to the number of repetitive e-mails, We have reduced the number of representatives you may contact by email.​
I thought they already had a plan. They claim to have secured financing and other stuff long ago. Now they are in talks with "other corporations and businesses"?? Who? The federal and Indiana state public defender's offices? Or more pirate dealers? No legitimate company/business/corporation will have anything to do with a non-existent broadcaster with nothing more than a not so flashy website.

The people at Free-BS have been unwilling to talk to anyone outside their pirate supporters list and select others that will not ask the obvious questions. You would think if they were at all legit they wouldn't hang up on people calling to get information, especially when they could get some legitimacy and publicity. Nope, wasn't (site name removed), someone else tried to contact them for information and interview, got the same response that a pirate would do.

Now Free-BS doesn't want your emails. They don't want you to ask questions. They don't want to, and cannot answer any questions.

Just checked, still no business, non-profit or other registration for Free-BS, it still does not exist. You have to wonder at this point why they can't do a simple step to make them appear somewhat legit. Is it the cost to register? I think that's only $30 - $90. Hmmm, if they can't afford that how will they afford any satellite time?

Is it that they are so incompetent they don't know they are required to do this under Indiana law? They and their "supporters" (pirates) have all seen this thread and the youtube videos calling them out, so they know damn well that they have yet to register anything. If they can't do a basic, how will they manage to do anything at all?

Or is it that they are afraid to register? A business or non-profit registration is for a legitimate business or entity, not for a scam."

This is c/p from another legitimate site I frequent:

"I think it is time to spread the word and burst this fantasy bubble elsewhere. Anyone that wants to is welcome to c&p any of this thread to any other site.

*sniff sniff*

I can smell the b.s.
Quote:News Release: 7/01/2010

Due to the number of repetitive e-mails, We have reduced the number of representatives you may contact by email.​
I thought they already had a plan. They claim to have secured financing and other stuff long ago. Now they are in talks with "other corporations and businesses"?? Who? The federal and Indiana state public defender's offices? Or more pirate dealers? No legitimate company/business/corporation will have anything to do with a non-existent broadcaster with nothing more than a not so flashy website.

The people at Free-BS have been unwilling to talk to anyone outside their pirate supporters list and select others that will not ask the obvious questions. You would think if they were at all legit they wouldn't hang up on people calling to get information, especially when they could get some legitimacy and publicity. Nope, wasn't (site name removed), someone else tried to contact them for information and interview, got the same response that a pirate would do.

Now Free-BS doesn't want your emails. They don't want you to ask questions. They don't want to, and cannot answer any questions.

Just checked, still no business, non-profit or other registration for Free-BS, it still does not exist. You have to wonder at this point why they can't do a simple step to make them appear somewhat legit. Is it the cost to register? I think that's only $30 - $90. Hmmm, if they can't afford that how will they afford any satellite time?

Is it that they are so incompetent they don't know they are required to do this under Indiana law? They and their "supporters" (pirates) have all seen this thread and the youtube videos calling them out, so they know damn well that they have yet to register anything. If they can't do a basic, how will they manage to do anything at all?

Or is it that they are afraid to register? A business or non-profit registration is for a legitimate business or entity, not for a scam."

I said basically the same thing you did months ago, but forum members requested that I "don't pop the balloon" and basically said they didn't want to hear what I had to say, so I backed off. I have been following, with much amusement, the further goings on of Free DBS and I pretty much stand on my original statements.

I'm not losing any sleep over this!but i sure hope this isnt some sick joke from someone who gets its kicks on making up some fantacy story to see how others will react.At this point ill just follow the story line and see!if anything good happens out of all this.

They could be trying to getting this started with some funding by making it sound like a solid plan that they have. If this fails to start then anything announced as a FTA service to launch in the future will not be believed and others that were thinking about doing it may choose not to after seeing the results of this one.

So, some people want to offer free tv. People are trying to discredit them. Ask yourself why. Who would benefit from this failing? Who would be against free tv?

We have reduced the number of representatives you may contact by email.
I just clicked on the "contact us" link on freedbs. There are 5 email addresses listed. Now scroll to the bottom of this page and click the contact us link. How many names and email addresses do you see? One contact is enough. Freedbs has "limited" you to five.

corporations and businesses that we are working with to bring this about
Think about how many companies it takes for you to read this web page. For me there is the power company, my isp, satellite guys and a bunch that I probably don't even know about. That is to view a web page. How many companies would a satellite tv network with multiple content providers have to talk to? Might Glorystar be one of those nefarious companies or NASA?

I love the "pirate supporters" stuff. Are those the dudes that are too cheap to pay $20 a month for tv but are going to pay startup costs for this venture or are we talking about the big pirates like coolsat? Are we concerned that pirates that once paid to develop hack firmware are going to support freedbs and 2 million people will be able to watch channels like nasa for free? We must organize and put a stop to this! They are pirates. They can't be allowed to promote never encrypted content. Freedbs may require proprietary remotes that can only be operated with a hook. I have a lot of money invested in stbs, and dishes. I can't afford to buy a hook too.

Last edited:
Hey avg1joe,
Love it! I am not losing sleep over it either. Of course, I look at what river broadcsting wanted to do. I have an idea what he was paying for temporary uplinks and what he pays for a month with what he is doing. Rodney needs to get new dvds.... then he could be popular as an old western movie station on this forum!
SO, freedbs or what ever sounds possible!
SafeTV is begging for money. I DID NOT get even one day of watching it before it left G19. That is blue sky also.
FFE went off G19. They never said they needed support. With all the Gaithers commercials they were running I figure they were paid... But they went broke - a mom and pop operation.

But if this can get going - hey I will watch for a while and see if it what I want.

BTW, I do not think Wayne-O is WayneCo. so there is not as much "experience" as I had hoped for.

POP

Freedbs is an awesome idea. Unfortunately if they get it going I think it is going to be over a year too late. If they could have introduced this when equity stopped, or at the hdtv transition, or when Nagra3 shut down a lot of stbs they would have been golden.

In hindsight they should have waited a lot longer before going public with their idea. At this stage it appears to be only a very ambitious idea.

Freedbs is an awesome idea. Unfortunately if they get it going I think it is going to be over a year too late. If they could have introduced this when equity stopped, or at the hdtv transition, or when Nagra3 shut down a lot of stbs they would have been golden.

In hindsight they should have waited a lot longer before going public with their idea. At this stage it appears to be only a very ambitious idea.

I think you are right! You hit this one on the nail!:up

I agree sounds like they are a day late and a dollar short at this point. It's taken so long to see any results the excitement is gone. If it happens great, if not oh well. If they would've started as Equity fell apart would've been the best idea. At this point even a channel or two up and running would be a start. Guess only time will tell.....Blind

New update from freedbs.org

News Release: 7/08/2010

TVS Sports channel has been added to our lineup. Also Space Vid Cast had been added previously and plans on Streaming in HD full time soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)