New gear for 2015

Status
Please reply by conversation.

billyboy_1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
Southeast Missouri
Santa was good to me this year. He left this brand new C2W-PLL LNBF under the tree. Going to try it on my 11 footer in the next few days.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    931.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 235
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    970 KB · Views: 214
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    1,013.4 KB · Views: 220
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 255
  • DSC_0015 (2).JPG
    DSC_0015 (2).JPG
    852.3 KB · Views: 329
Let us know the results....with pictures of it on the dish. ;)

Reactions: billyboy_1
With a 11 foot one and the hot C2W-PLL, you should get tons of c-band feeds. Those of us with 90cm setups are drooling over you dish. Please post some pics of the new setup and any tough feeds that are harder to lock. Good luck and Happy New Year!!

You should be able to get everything available out there after your upgrade (maybe you already do). Heck, your dish MOUNT probably weighs more than my whole 10' Orbitron rig.
Looks like the birds are having a contest to see who can hit your dish's focal point! Quite a few contestants too!

Interesting mount design. A new LNBF will really make those weak TPs light up! I have a new C2WPLL all ready to go but it's been too cold or I have been too busy this season to put it on so far... maybe soon!

Thanks for the comments guys. That old antenna was manufactured abut 1978. It was one of the first of many that went worldwide. It produces great gain so I should have good results. The new LNBF should compliment the old veteran. I will post results before/after.

I got two tubes of this:
SSTUF_medlrg.jpg

Non Hardening Filler for Coaxial Connectors.Waterproofs from the inside out! Quick and easy with no insertion loss! Dielectric Waterproofing Filler.
? Quick and easy with no insertion loss!
? Wateproofs from the inside out
? Non-hardening filler for coaxial connectors

I will say one thing. I've never seen an LNBF with a big heat sink on it before. That's cool looking!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I will say one thing. I've never seen an LNBF with a big heat sink on it before. That's cool looking!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
It's reported to be one of the best performers out there. The heat sink will help tremendously in a high heat environment to keep the noise temp down plus it's has phase lock loop circuitry which should help on the weak transponders and the high forward error correction. I will post results when I can get a chance to swap out the one I am using now. Weather hasn't let me as of yet.

Reactions: eurosport
Here's what I have encountered so far. Changed over to the new C2W-PLL LNBF and am posting results. Before and after shots attached.

Attachments

• NEW LNB TEST 012.JPG
    NEW LNB TEST 012.JPG
    747.9 KB · Views: 177
  • NEW LNB TEST 015.JPG
    NEW LNB TEST 015.JPG
    984 KB · Views: 217
  • NEW LNB TEST 020.JPG
    NEW LNB TEST 020.JPG
    568.2 KB · Views: 201
  • NEW LNB TEST 021.JPG
    NEW LNB TEST 021.JPG
    598.9 KB · Views: 197
  • NEW LNB TEST 024.JPG
    NEW LNB TEST 024.JPG
    548.5 KB · Views: 188
  • NEW LNB TEST 026.JPG
    NEW LNB TEST 026.JPG
    800.8 KB · Views: 197
  • NEW LNB TEST 029.JPG
    NEW LNB TEST 029.JPG
    1,003.4 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
You got almost 2 full db better SNR just from switching the LNB? no dish tweaking anything? Thats unreal, like crazy unreal.

UDL

All I did was changed out the LNBF. Same position on the bracket and same focal point.
Excellent results! Is the dish motorized? Did you use the old scalar already on the dish or the new Titanium C2W- PLL scalar?

Thats great. I bought one but it wont be mounted till the late spring. My C-Band dish is on the ground right now and its far to cold todo it now haha

UDL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts