New Genie UI now in CE testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've been running the CE firmware for the last 2 weeks. I moved to a new home a month ago. I just finished installing an OTA antenna in my attic. I'm getting a very good signal, to my TV so I decided to to reconnect my AM21. I got it all setup and connected the USB cable from the AM21 to my HR44. I can't seem to find any option for using or setting up my AM21 in the CE firmware is this the case. Could I setup the AM21 in the National release and then go back to the CE and still receive my Local OTA's?
Should be able too.

Should it really I wonder?

As this may be an indication that the AM21 will no longer be compatible with DIRECTV's Genies since it looks like they are the only ones to receive the new UI.
Yeah, ,that s it, lets take away something that the system has been able to do for years ... Record your OTA shows. :facepalm:wtf2

I find the antenna setup in the new interface here:

Menu > Settings > scroll way to the right, select the Satellite box > Antenna Setup is on the bottom

Ironically, AM21 channels are the easiest to read on the new interface as they have a black background (see next post)

AM21 channels on new interface
20171001_032143.jpg

I find the antenna setup in the new interface here:

Menu > Settings > scroll way to the right, select the Satellite box > Antenna Setup is on the bottom

Ironically, AM21 channels are the easiest to read on the new interface as they have a black background (see next post)
Ok ... spoke too soon then ...

Never liked the AM21 personally. Or to be more accurate, DIRECTV's implementation of it. And switched to an OTA TIVO over two years ago now.

But good to see the feature is still there in the new UI for those who want it, at least for the Genie 1s'.

Cinemáx is not channel 535, in English or Spanish... I was hoping that if Directv updated the interface the ad banners would not be included.
20171001_224416.jpg

I have the new ce and no logos and I did clearmybox 2 in search and waited days and still no logos and on demand isn’t working .

That's what they were reporting. I think it was more like they were still doing an install during the CE window and got it instead of the NR.
They were doing an install at 11PM? Maybe at 8PM on the west coast.

Reactions: harshness
I'm curious where you heard that. Any posts about this on dbstalk are quickly edited. There's one that says nothing to see here.

Any ideas on how to get it working ?

Just try a new download tonight. They're starting a new cycle, FE1. Maybe that will help you. It should be working by tomorrow evening if it's going to. If not, try a clearmybox 2 search, but we'll cross that bridge if we need to tomorrow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts