New Genie UI now in CE testing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's what I meant by resetting. If the new software is in the stream, you don't need the 0 2 4 6 8 code IIRC.
For the "Genie 1s" (to use the expression), your specific account has to be flagged to receive a new NR automatically as DIRECTV rolls them out progressively as a safety measure to allow for a bailout from the update quickly with minimal service disruption to customers in case the new firmware cause an unforseen major technical glitch.

To receive a new NR manually before your receiver's scheduled time, you must wait until it begins spooling out in the stream typically around 6:00-9:00 AM EST. And then do the usuall receiver reset followed by the "0-2-4-6-8" key presses at the first bootup screen routine to force the download.

Using the FW Watcher is a big aid in this to let you know when the new NR begins spooling out in the stream. But it's down (again) right now.

As for the Genie 2, I guess a new NR will come whenever your account is scheduled to get it, usually pushed over the internet.

Reactions: raoul5788
I am back to square one with the graphics - back to the bad Internet icon, bad HD icon, no channel logos, etc. However, on-demand is now working again and so is mobile DVR.

Give it a couple of days, the missing parts should come back.

Forced a download of new software this morning (0xfe4). Everything seems fine. BUT in case it’s not, waa, waa, waa.
If you got the new software this morning, it must be in national release.
Edit: The new software isn't national yet. I just reset my HR44 and the old software downloaded.

Last edited:
If you got the new software this morning, it must be in national release.
Edit: The new software isn't national yet. I just reset my HR44 and the old software downloaded.
When did you try to download it?

As it's in the "new" NR which is currently rolling out, but in stages between around 6-9 AM EST every morning. The remainder of the day the old NR is spooling out in the satellite stream.

Once all eligible subscriber receivers have been updated with no major reported issues, then the new NR will begin spooling out in the stream 24/7.

As it's in the "new" NR which is currently rolling out, but in stages between around 6-9 AM EST every morning. The remainder of the day the old NR is spooling out in the satellite stream.

Once all eligible subscriber receivers have been updated with no major reported issues, then the new NR will begin spooling out in the stream 24/7.
This morning, but after 9AM. That explains why I got the old one.

Headache for the Subs and Call center in 3.... 2.... 1

Q. If I go back to the NR, do I also go back to the old guide ?
Yep ...

But when your account is scheduled to receive the update to the new UI which may come at any time. The Genie is going to automatically update again of course.

And when the update becomes 24/7 in the stream, possibly by the end of the month, there is no going back of course

Yep ...

But when your account is scheduled to receive the update to the new UI which may come at any time. The Genie is going to automatically update again of course.

And when the update becomes 24/7 in the stream, possibly by the end of the month, there is no going back of course
ikr...

I will keep it up, I am getting use to it, but do not like at all the way you have to go across for the Play list for recordings and all the other stuff on the screen ... you use to be able to see all your shows right in front of you, on one screen, now you can't.
Thats 1 issue I don't like.
The Menu is all screwed up, they could have kept that the same as it was, there was nothing wrong with it ... and they changed where a lot of things were, it seems like it takes more steps to get to things now than it use too.

Well, now that its another potential download tonight, I see I now have my Logos in the guide .... may have been there a few days ago, I haven't been watching much TV of late.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts