New Genie UI now in CE testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't recall which recvrs your using, but it your having issues and go back to the NR, wouldn't that work ?

Or are those that do go back, losing stuff as well ?

I saw at least one post where someone who went back lost everything. I did a CLEARMYBOX 2 on my HR44 about an hour ago. Logos are back, icons are normal, wifi thing is not distorted, HD thing is clear...

Reactions: Jimbo
I saw at least one post where someone who went back lost everything. I did a CLEARMYBOX 2 on my HR44 about an hour ago. Logos are back, icons are normal, wifi thing is not distorted, HD thing is clear...
I'm curious, when you did the Clearmybox2
Do you type in to the search ...
clearmybox2
or
clearmybox 2
and does anything happen to let you know it took it (on the screen ? )

clearmybox2
or
clearmybox 2

I put the space. The original instructions for that said to use that for CE, just plain CLEARMYBOX for people on NR. Some will say you don't need the space, but the one time I did that I had to re-enter IAMANEDGECUTTER. Nothing appears on the screen after pressing the red button. You just have to wait a few seconds like always.

Reactions: Jimbo
clearmybox2
or
clearmybox 2

This has never happened before...
I used my home zip in the AM21 and Weslaco, TX for KRGV 5-3 MeTV. I have used these two zips since I moved back to VT over 3 years ago. I have fiddled with zips to try to add 22-3 and 44-3 to the guide, but there's nothing with Grit and Bounce, respectively, so I don't bother anymore. Leaving my home zip and the TX zip in the AM21 and doing resets of any kind has never been an issue. Until now. It is taking the RF 13 of KRGV and adding it to my local RF 13 WVNY 22 and making it 22-3 instead of leaving it on 5-3 like it always has. The "Edit off air channels" shows 5-3 KRGV in the list but on the guide it shows up on 22-3. It appears that trying to fix it stops any progress of downloading - logos, posters, anything. I am going to leave it until everything is loaded from my CMB2 last night and then try to fix it.

Did you lose any recordings or series?

Yes it wiped them all out . I was sleeping and my wife texted me angry that everything was gone. I played the safe card and said not sure what happened. Maybe the storm messed everything up. I had thought everything was fine but I guess not.

All our shows and timers all were deleted last time I forced a download. So probably won’t be trying anytime soon. The wife already got angry about that.

If the firmware is in NR, resetting the box does it. If not, you have to be within the CE time frame.
If your on CE software and you do a simple reboot, that won't do it ...
You have to do the code to get the NR provided the NR is in the datastream.
Afaik ...

If your on CE software and you do a simple reboot, that won't do it ...
You have to do the code to get the NR provided the NR is in the datastream.
Afaik ...
That's what I meant by resetting. If the new software is in the stream, you don't need the 0 2 4 6 8 code IIRC.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)