New Genie UI now in CE testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No. There is logos in the guide. I couldn't get them to load but earlier pictures before they were taken down had them
There aren't any logos in the CE guide I downloaded last night.

My on demand isn't available. I don't know if it's connected to having no icons.

My on demand isn't available. I don't know if it's connected to having no icons.
Could be. The sequence on this one is weird. Normally you get logos first followed by posters and then on demand However several of us got posters first but never got on demand or logos

Could be. The sequence on this one is weird. Normally you get logos first followed by posters and then on demand However several of us got posters first but never got on demand or logos
By posters do you mean in the guide next to the description of the program? I have those.

how do i download new new UI for a genie HR-44?
Like it's been done for years ...

Keep a lookout for your model on the FW Watcher here ...
DirecTV Firmware Watcher

When you see the new firmware become active in the satellite stream, in this case "0x0FCC" between approx. 11:00 PM to around 2:30 AM EST on Friday and Saturday evenings.

Restart your receiver, and on startup during the first screen "Hello your Directv Receiver is Starting up" immediately press 0-2-4-6-8 in secession on your remote.

If you did it correctly, then the next screen on your receiver should say "Searching for new Software" then quickly "Found new Software" and you can let the receiver do the rest.

The download should go smoothly, but sometimes (rarely) it will foul up and freeze or continuously stall at some point, timeout, and try again.

In such cases, just do a "Red Button Reset" (RBR) to bail out of the entire process and try again some other time.

Remember, this is a beta version you're d/l'ing and installing, so you assume the risks for any bugs ...

Reactions: littlecloud319
I downloaded X0FCC a few hours ago my my HR44. Used to load the CE releases all the time on my HR34, this is the first time on the 44 for me.

The updated UI is nice, but there seems to be a lot of wasted screen real estate. I don't care how when you go into the Series Manager or DVR list, the current selection is expanded and you see the program data. Also don't understand they need to have the last viewable channel in the guide darker and the larger channel banner is something I don't like either. The progress bar for each show in the DVR list is pretty nice.

I have no channel logos and On Demand isn't working for me either. The speed is about the same as it was on the NR for me.

Like it's been done for years ...

Keep a lookout for your model on the FW Watcher here ...
DirecTV Firmware Watcher

When you see the new firmware become active in the satellite stream, in this case "0x0FCC" between approx. 11:00 PM to around 2:30 AM EST on Friday and Saturday evenings.

Restart your receiver, and on startup during the first screen "Hello your Directv Receiver is Starting up" immediately press 0-2-4-6-8 in secession on your remote.

If you did it correctly, then the next screen on your receiver should say "Searching for new Software" then quickly "Found new Software" and you can let the receiver do the rest.

The download should go smoothly, but sometimes (rarely) it will foul up and freeze or continuously stall at some point, timeout, and try again.

In such cases, just do a "Red Button Reset" (RBR) to bail out of the entire process and try again some other time.

Remember, this is a beta version you're d/l'ing and installing, so you assume the risks for any bugs ...
Do NOT call D* If you have any issues running this software.

Ok, I've only been using this software since last Friday ..... personally, I don't care for it.
1. It's hard to see with smaller font and rather blurry.
2. From the looks of it, I can no longer see my Recordings to see what is there when I hit LIST, you have to scroll across the screen, instead of up and down.

Number 2 I doubt they will be changing as it looks like the whole platform is going to scrolling that way.

Hopefully it's just a case of getting use to it ...

At least at This point, I have the option to go back if I can't get use to it.

I wonder about all the people whose eye sight isn't as good as mine ....

My wife uses our HR44-500 more than anyone. I don't want to swap it and put the HR24-200 in its place, it's too slow.

Is anyone successful getting a second genie on the same account yet, and if so what's the cost? I'd gladly swap out our HR24-200 for another HR44 or 54. Then I'd have a second box I could do the testing on.

I heard there were channel logos. I love the xfinity X1 guide. I like how it overlays the whole screen so there isn't wasted space in the corner for the channels live video. I'd rather have the option of a full screen translucent menu.

My wife uses our HR44-500 more than anyone. I don't want to swap it and put the HR24-200 in its place, it's too slow.

Is anyone successful getting a second genie on the same account yet, and if so what's the cost? I'd gladly swap out our HR24-200 for another HR44 or 54. Then I'd have a second box I could do the testing on.

I heard there were channel logos. I love the xfinity X1 guide. I like how it overlays the whole screen so there isn't wasted space in the corner for the channels live video. I'd rather have the option of a full screen translucent menu.
There are some beta testers with two or more Genies, but not any regular customers.

Progress report ...

HR54 with new UI (FW 0x0FCC)...

Still no Mobile DVR, VOD, channel logos, or My Teams info. And the "Genie Opt-in" category is also just a blank screen so far.

"Clearmybox 2" (tried it twice) hasn't help restore them, ... at least not yet.

Everthing else seems to be pretty much functional from what I can see.

You can't have more than one genie unless you have been in the Genie beta test program, and even those are losing them.

Mine isn't either. I had no artwork (except channel logos in the guide, they were there) until yesterday so I am hoping VOD appears this week. With the black guide, you couldn't use the sports search until the VOD loaded but I am able to use channel 1205 as normal without VOD with the new UI.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts