New Genie UI now in CE testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just got this, on my HR44 and my 4K LG TV the fonts and some icons look kind of blurry, I guess these are basically placeholders till the actual icons and fonts are introduced, these are not sharp at all, has anyone noticed this or is it only me? also I used to be able to press the blue button with my Harmony and older DirecTV remote and get a little guide just for the channel you are watching which you could go forward or backwards and see the upcoming programs on that channel etc, I can't seem to do this anymore on this new GUI.

Ok, got the new Gui ...
Can you adjust the Font SIZE ?
Its much smaller than before and hard to read.
D/L'ed it too myself on a new HR54-500 ...

No control for font size that I find, outside of CC of course ...

Like the new UI so far I guess, but as you say. Got to keep my glasses on for it though, as the font sizes are smaller and not as bold.

I like the idea of the shaded region that grows across the blocks of programs in progress as the time marker advances on the left side of the guide.

People who have it on the HR-44 does it run fast? I hope they do make the font bigger.

Yes, it runs pretty much the same speed as the national release on my HR44, the fonts look horrendous though, no way to make them bigger or bold.

Is this new UI available this weekend, and is it available for the HR24's or just the Genies? I wouldn't mind trying it out on my 24 before putting it on my Genie. Thanks

Honestly. I would wait another 3-4 weeks. They got some things to work out
Yeah ...

I just couldn't resist the opportunity to try out the new UI right now since it's on a new HR54 with a blank HDD, so the risk of a crash and losing recordings from CE testing is irrelevant right now ...

However, does anyone know if Mobile DVR is just not supported yet on it?

The feature is not listed in the system info. and the DIRECTV app fails to connect to the DVR as a result of course ...

Mobile DVR does work, need to give it time, if not back soon do a clearmybox 2.

Mobile DVR does work, need to give it time, if not back soon do a clearmybox 2.
Oh good ....

Because the UI is working fine otherwise from what I've found so far ...

I'll give the "clearmybox 2" a try then after some more hours if there is still no sign of it in the system info. ...

Didn't they say over at the Edgecutter forum their are just placeholders for the channel logos in the guide?
No. There is logos in the guide. I couldn't get them to load but earlier pictures before they were taken down had them

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)