New Genie UI now in CE testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How do you switch back?

Just reset and do the 02468 anytime that isn't the CE window and it will go back to NR. Any timers that you set while on the CE will not hold, but check on all your shows and timers a few hours after the old guide loads.
Complete CE procedures can be found on the CE site.

Maybe, just maybe they are not ready for CE downloads for the HS17 yet.
Could be ready in a week or a month or more.

No one knows at this time.
If you have D*, you can always d/l it regardless, theres no signing up for it ... just remember, its beta .
If you want you can sign up for the site that covers it.

So nobody knows how to download new UI for genie2?

The HS17 is part of the ce program, but the downloads only work in the designated time slots.

Eh. There is a lot of reports that unless you are part of the original test group. No one has been able to download a CE

I can confirm that the HS17 doesn't download CE software when pulled as of now, during the CE time frame. When I ask questions about it, I get the feeling like the HS17 isn't going to get CE downloads and it really feels like the program is on the out at DirecTV. I posted in the forums asking if there was an update and no one has responded to the issue of HS17's not being able to take a CE software pull. The dedicated CSR support ended as well a while back. It's really a shame because the program in its self is very valuable to AT&T as it's a great way of catching bugs before the software goes into the wild. I just wish DirecTV / AT&T would be more open about it, make getting support to those who participate much easier and not lock people out of the program who want to test.

They also should be posting known issues and don't. That's another way to keep people informed without getting a bazillion emails over the same issue. Instead, it seems like they see it as a liability when in reality it's a valuable asset. I hope I'm wrong about them seeing it as a liability because the program really is something they should keep around.

I know that some owners of HS17s have downloaded the CE software, but as mentioned, they may be white listed for it.

Would anyone like it if they did they just had the channel logos in the guide and no names or numbers next to the channel logos like how they do it with DTV Now? I forgot that DTV Now does it that way. I wonder how you would tune to each channel individually without inputting numbers?

Correct, the only ones that I am aware of were on initial beta and get pushes from DirecTV.
There are many posts on the iamanedgecutter.com website of HS17 owners who have gotten the new UI through the CE. Like I said, I don't know if they are on a white list or not.

Question for folks that have the HS17, are you guys still limited to 5 tuners even though it says it has 7 tuners?

Question for folks that have the HS17, are you guys still limited to 5 tuners even though it says it has 7 tuners?
Actually, it's sort of a confusing situation ...

Don't have an HS17, but the way I understand it is if all clients are model C51 or below, the HS17 is limited to 5 simultaneous streams (live or recorded) max. to 5 clients, since they are only MoCA 1.1 capable ...

If there are at least 2 out of a max. of 7 clients models C61 and/or C61K, then it can achieve up to 7 simultaneous streams (live or recorded) max. to the clients, with up to two 4K, since those models are MoCA 2.0.

However, whatever the client models, I see no reason why you still shouldn't be able to record up to 7 programs at once, with up to two being 4K, on the HS17 server itself.

As I said, sort of confusing ...

I really think they should let the HS-17 work with the H/HR series boxes. I guess however they still want everyone on server/client and that is why they aren't allowing that?

I wouldn't like ONLY channel logos.
I really think they should let the HS-17 work with the H/HR series boxes. I guess however they still want everyone on server/client and that is why they aren't allowing that?

Be interesting to see where this all ends up. I just switched & they didn't want my H25 boxes back, only the HR54. Though I am keeping the H25's for a few months, since they like to change their mind. lol :)

As for the new GUI. Seems like all the companies are pretty much going to the same thing, with a few minor differences.

Ok I know have channel logos working, so everything on my HR54-700 is now working with the latest CE build, including the Channel Logo's, Remote DVR, OnDemand, Sports Scores, everything, it did take a reset and format of hard drive, followed by a "IAMANEDGECUTTER" followed by a "CLEARMYBOX 2" and finally a "Re-Authorization push from the website" and everything was working within 3 hours. I know many won't want to do a full reset, but for me I have the HR54-700 and 2 RVU's so I have the new GUI on all my TV's in the house.

To break this down:

The reset and format of hard drive fixed the, On Demand, Remote DVR, and Sports Scores.

The "IAMANEDGECUTTER" followed by a "CLEARMYBOX 2" fixed the missing channel logo's.

And the "Re-Authorization push from the website" fixed loss of 4K channels.

My hope now is I will not have any issues with future builds now that everything is working with the current build.

Would anyone like it if they did they just had the channel logos in the guide and no names or numbers next to the channel logos like how they do it with DTV Now? I forgot that DTV Now does it that way. I wonder how you would tune to each channel individually without inputting numbers?
I'll pass, I don't need logos at all ....
Give me the channel number and name ...
What happens if I don't know what the logo is, no name, no watch.

I'll pass, I don't need logos at all ....
Give me the channel number and name ...
What happens if I don't know what the logo is, no name, no watch.
If you think we don't need logo's in the guide do you think we don't really need a new GUI at all? Keep the current one, just go all HD along with the SD channels that don't have HD versions, add an extra half hour to the guide and add that new Internet set-up wizard that Scott mentioned was coming?

With the new GUI / CE Build, the guide on the left has the channel number with the name below the number first, and to the right of that is the logo, followed by the programming, all of this is in the new guide.

If you think we don't need logo's in the guide do you think we don't really need a new GUI at all? Keep the current one, just go all HD along with the SD channels that don't have HD versions, add an extra half hour to the guide and add that new Internet set-up wizard that Scott mentioned was coming?
I would be fine with that ...
I would get rid of the SD channels (like you said, that have HD versions) basically the remaining mpeg 2 channels.
That would open up more room in the long haul.

I would be fine with that ...
I would get rid of the SD channels (like you said, that have HD versions) basically the remaining mpeg 2 channels.
That would open up more room in the long haul.
Sorry I meant no more SD duplicates. Except what would they do for HD staying out longer in bad weather? I think that way you could clean up the guide without having to select show all channels or hide SD channels.

Sorry I meant no more SD duplicates. Except what would they do for HD staying out longer in bad weather? I think that way you could clean up the guide without having to select show all channels or hide SD channels.
What they hopefully would do, is something someone else mentions a while back, is they could then move many of the HD channels over to the 101 Sat.

What they hopefully would do, is something someone else mentions a while back, is they could then move many of the HD channels over to the 101 Sat.
Wouldn't their be an advantage to having the HD channels on the latest satellite vs the older one? However the one disadvantage would be HD staying out longer in bad weather.

Wouldn't their be an advantage to having the HD channels on the latest satellite vs the older one? However the one disadvantage would be HD staying out longer in bad weather.
I was thinking it would make the HD last longer ...
I don't have the numbers, but I would imagine the newer Sats on 99 and 103 are higher power as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts