New Genie UI now in CE testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
after seeing the pics of the new updated UI that is currently in testing by those who opted to do the beta testing of it, i got to say, wow, looks nice and sharp and can't wait until it's ready to go live once the beta testing is complete

I noticed that ...

But I can't find any adjustment for the background color.

Not sure why EarDemon's photos show blue in the guide that way.

It think that's my fault. In reality my menus are about the same colors are yours. Looking at the pictures and what I see on TV, my pictures have a tint that make them look cooler then they are. I don't think I noticed at first because I prefer the cooler picture temperature on some things, and didn't think anything of it. Might be able to attribute to one of three things or a combo of all three.

1 Your TV looks likes its semi-gloss, mine is extremely hi gloss. When it's off, it's like a mirror. The light bouncing off of it may have manipulated the color when taking the photos
2 I took the pictures with my phone, which is using the default settings. I have not tweaked it, since I just got it a few weeks ago andsince I don't do much in the way of taking pictures
3 I was mixing up some custom light recipes on the Philips Hue lights in the next room over, and the light was shining in. I was playing around with blues, greens and purples across four bulbs. Not sure how sensitive phones are to ambient light of different colors, but there definitly was a lot of blue-purpleish light looking in

Too bad they don't offer like 3 color schemes to choose from. It would be nice to personalize it, like you do your phone and computer. An extra 1/2 hour would have been nice.

It's the same colors as the Spectrum guide now. If your not familiar with it, google image search it.

Your is missing the channel logos in the guide, which I had before I went back to the national release version.

I wonder if' it's HR44 v HR54 related. It seems like those that have the logos have 54s and those that don't have 44s.

I have not tried the clearmybox codes

Too bad they don't offer like 3 color schemes to choose from. It would be nice to personalize it, like you do your phone and computer. An extra 1/2 hour would have been nice.

It's the same colors as the Spectrum guide now. If your not familiar with it, google image search it.

Yep

Attachments

• dtv.png
    dtv.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 415
  • spectrum.png
    spectrum.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 385
I have had channel logos in the guide since I downloaded the new interface the first week it worked on HR44s. Suddenly, sometime this afternoon, they went away. I do notice that channel 1000 has the posters loaded but none of the other on demand channels do.

Ce for tonight

Attachments

• IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 307
This morning 7.44

Attachments

• IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 265
I just couldn't stay awake last night, went to bed around 9:30 hoping I'd wake up around 1, but no luck. Hopefully the new CE is in the stream again tonight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)