New geosat pro Dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johann12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
NC, USA
Recently I ordered and setup a Geosat pro 90cm/36inch dish.
It came very well packed, the dish is sturdy, the assembly manual is easy to understand.
It was a piece of cake to put everything together and I would buy a Geosat pro dish again.

Here is the packaging.
12-13-2012 001.JPG12-13-2012 002.JPG12-13-2012 003.JPG12-13-2012 004.JPG12-13-2012 005.JPG12-13-2012 006.JPG

Here is the assembly.

12-13-2012 007.JPG12-13-2012 009.JPG

Mounted Dish and motor on roof. Notice network dish size (right) compared to geosat pro dish size (left). I used to use the network dish to receive FTA as well as C-band dish, but the Geosat dish outperforms both of them It was easy to point this big dish to the satellite. It took longer to blindscan the satellite than to aim at it.

12-13-2012 010.JPG12-13-2012 012.JPG

Know your environment when selecting a dish location. Use dishpointer etc to get the right data so you know where to aim your dish and to find the proper/best location for your dish setup before you buy a dish and equipment.
I used a telescope, compass, angle-finder and a few evenings to find the best locations for my dishes. Which for my c-band is in front of my house pointing over my house and with KU it was better off on top of my roof.
As you see I have many tall trees around the house but with a little homework I am able to watch Sat TV.

12-13-2012 011.JPG12-13-2012 014.JPG

Thank you satelliteguys members for pointing me in the right direction.

Nice pictures....Glad to see you have it all set up. :)

Yeah I bought another one when I was talking with you, and I have it dedicated to 125W right now, and put my old S10 in the kids room, they could not be happier.

It's a DITTO here. But one Question, do the trees there block much of the arc? In the last picture it looks to the west, of where the BUD is, would to be problematic.

It's a DITTO here. But one Question, do the trees there block much of the arc? In the last picture it looks to the west, of where the BUD is, would to be problematic.
Yes, you are right... That's why I had to be very careful where I planted those dishes to get the max of the arc.
Summer time when the leaves are out, I get the arc from 72 'til 107 C-band
Winter time I can get the arc from 61 'til 116 for c-band, but ironically with KU I can get it from 61 to 125. It seems like that I have to tweak the c-band some more for winter time use, but I am sure that I will not get anything past 107 in the summer with the c-band.
I will find out how much arc I will get in the summer with my KU.

Good work there, I like the look of those dishes. Couldn't stand one on the roof though, I would wear out the roofing going up and down tweaking, haha.
Sometimes that may be the only place you can see through trees, I had one on the roof that was set on 123 back when RetroTV was booming on that bird. But that dish was already up there, internet dish I re-purposed for television.

Sounds like another SatGuys success story.
Wish more were as diligent with their installs.
Congratulations.

Last edited:
Thank you ladies and/or gentlemen.
I could not had done this without your help and comments here at the Satelliteguys forum.

Looks like my yard...full of trees. I manage to get from 55W to 139W. Some of the trees on the far east and west are too close. Like your setup too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)