New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This receiver sounds interesting, and if you can ever get the ability to do 4:2:2 signals, even if it meant increasing the price, you would have one heck of an STB that could outdo the azbox and take away most of their business over here.
I like what I have heard so far and hope that there would be a future receiver to do those 4:2:2 signals as this would be the bread winner for many!

4:2:2 solution would increase the cost of a receiver considerably. Since there are several options available for receiving 4:2:2, we instead chose to focus on a this solution to provide the most requested features, with a USA based development and support team at a very competitive price. We have no development plans for a 4:2:2 consumer set-top box at this time. S2 (8psk, 16psk, 32psk) transmissions are quickly becoming the preferred encoding and I expect 4:2:2 usage to continue to decline as older legacy equipment is upgraded.

Your perception of the AZbox share in the North American satellite receiver market is greatly inflated. AZbox sales in North America are extremely low and are purchased by a small niche group of hobbyists. The incentive to take away most of their North American business would not be a lucrative proposal.... :eek: The AZbox is a great 4:2:2 solution and well supported. An even better economical and elegant solution is the current S2 PC cards with blindscan and support of all current formats and encodings.

On a second note, what about the satellite lists in the receiver? are they going to be separate by C & ku ?
Will the end user have the ability to program in their own satellites?

The receiver currently supports 150 satellite and 100 DiSEqC 1.2 positions. The factory list was built from submissions by several SatelliteGuy members and is separated by KU and C-bands. You may either perform direct entry, edit and deletion of satellite, transponder, channel information or use a channel editor. Your set-up scenario is supported with 150 satellite positions.

The response you have given to this has been extremely helpful, and I believe this receiver will be a good item to have under one's belt.
Keep up the good work!
I see where you said it will do 16psk, 32psk will it be able to do any of the 16 and 32 apsk signals that are being reported up there?
I know I keep asking for more.
One has to find the ultimate toy you know... :)

will it be able to do any of the 16 and 32 apsk signals that are being reported up there?

The unit has been bench tested with our modulator for 16APSK and 32APSK reception.

Please PM with any channels or feeds using these modulations and we will verify on a live signal and report if sucessful. If you have any TS file recordings of these transmissions we would love to provide additional testing. Please include as much parameter information as possible. I.E. symbol rate, FEC, constellation type, etc. It would also be helpful to know settings for the pilot (on/off), Spectrum (normal/inversed) and the roll off.

A few of you have asked for a few screenshots. Here are a few that are representative of a few functions.

Channel Info Screen.jpg
Channel Information Screen including Modulation Type, Resolution, FEC

Channel-Scan-Menu.jpg
Channel Scan Menu with adjustable parameters

Manual-Channel-Add-Menu.jpg
Manual Add Channel Menu

BlindScan-Detailed-Menu.jpg
Detailed Blind Scan Screen

The "ALI" programming package is the simplest way to develop with ALI engineering support. If a GUI is implemented too early, the chipset engineers support and interaction can be affected. Once the functions are implemented and stable, then the developers launch a customized GUI.

The GUI will have similarities to other STBs as the chipset is produced by ALI. The difference is in the features that we develop.... We are tinkering under the hood!

The microHD is based on the ALI M3501 demodulator, ALI M3601s Decoder and Airoha AV2011 single tuner. Extremely impressed with the Airoha tuners!

Doesn't bother me that it looks like the Manhattan or Openbox, as long as it is user friendly and doesn't lock up on Qubo on 103 so the kids will hush...:D

It has always been an issue with my Openboxes, no matter what firmware I have tried.

A few of you have asked for a few screenshots. Here are a few that are representative of a few functions.

View attachment 71978
Channel Information Screen including Modulation Type, Resolution, FEC

View attachment 71979
Channel Scan Menu with adjustable parameters

View attachment 71980
Manual Add Channel Menu

View attachment 71981
Detailed Blind Scan Screen

Compared to other FTA receivers I like the look of these screenshots and the information they provide such as modulation type. I'll certainly be purchasing one.

yes it does...that happened one maybe 2 software updates ago
If HD it shows resolution
if SD it shows NTSC-M usually
Once in a while it shows AUTO

Attachments

• PICT0191.JPG
    PICT0191.JPG
    792.4 KB · Views: 181
  • PICT0192.JPG
    PICT0192.JPG
    817.1 KB · Views: 171
  • PICT0193.JPG
    PICT0193.JPG
    590.8 KB · Views: 188
  • PICT0194.JPG
    PICT0194.JPG
    875.5 KB · Views: 180
NTSC-M must mean 480i because that shows on all SD channels. Any channel in HD will show the resolution
I've even seen some 576i PAL on a feed or two before

i really like the looks of the screens that av posted. anxiously awaiting my christmas present. i only get three channels though on amc10 with a blind scan with the openbox 9. charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts