New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks Iceberg for the overview of the two event dual record feature. Your post is causing my iPhone SatelliteGuys app to act crazy (too many or too large of images???).

Is the feature supported in PS record mode or only TS? SD or HD limitations?

Dual recording feature will be implemented. It is a feature usually only developed in dual tuner STBs, but the capabilities are native to the chipset. It may be available in factory firmware, but more likely to be available for update.

Last edited:
How about two types of channel scans? Update: Add New Channels and a Complete Channel Scan selections.
1. The Add New Channel scan would ignore existing SIDs on each transponder and only add new found channels to the channel list.
2. A Complete Channel scan would erase channels from current satellite or transponder and rewrite all found channels.

Can channels be blacklisted so we never see them again? There are certain channels I will never ever watch, is there a way to delete them permanently so they will not appear in any Add New Channels scan? Maybe I just don't know how to use my existing box, but it's annoying to have to sift through and delete the same stuff over and over again.

toucan-man said:
Can channels be blacklisted so we never see them again? There are certain channels I will never ever watch, is there a way to delete them permanently so they will not appear in any Add New Channels scan? Maybe I just don't know how to use my existing box, but it's annoying to have to sift through and delete the same stuff over and over again.

No SID blacklisting feature planned. It may be inconvenient to repeatedly delete channels, but probably not a good idea to blacklist a SID as uplinker's frequently reuse SIDs for replacement channels or multiple services.

Thanks Iceberg for the overview of the two event dual record feature. Your post is causing my iPhone SatelliteGuys app to act crazy (too many or too large of images???).
sorry :eek:

Is the feature supported in PS record mode or only TS? SD or HD limitations?
I'll try ps mode and see. No limit if SD or HD. Saturdays I have been known to record 2 different channels of Hockey Night in Canada (due to regional games). Records both with no issues. Actually the 1st two items on the hard drive are games.

Dual recording feature will be implemented. It is a feature usually only developed in dual tuner STBs, but the capabilities are native to the chipset. It may be available in factory firmware, but more likely to be available for update.
The older dual tuner units (like the Pansat 6000) allowed you to record 2 programs on the same satellite depending on how it was hooked up. When I had one I had tuner 1 used for motoring and tuner 2 was "just there". It would allow me to record 2 hockey games on the same satellite even if one was vertical and one was horizontal polarity

I know the azbox can record one program and watch another on same transponder. But this is the 1st machine that could actually record two and watch another. And like usual I found it on a fluke :)

.ps mode is also supported.
Just tried the Create channel and the PBS HD feed (usually color bars) on 12180 V 30000
worked fine

.ps mode is also supported.
Just tried the Create channel and the PBS HD feed (usually color bars) on 12180 V 30000
worked fine

Thanks for the additional information.

The two channel record while watching a third will be available on the microHD.

We are exploring the possibility of recording additional services or maybe recording the entire bouquet. Entering into uncharted waters as we move past two programs.......

Thanks for the additional information.

The two channel record while watching a third will be available on the microHD.

We are exploring the possibility of recording additional services or maybe recording the entire bouquet. Entering into uncharted waters as we move past two programs.......

Thanks Brian! I feel like Santa will come twice this year... Once on December 25th and a second time in January :D ...

Randy52 said:
Will the New GeoSatpro microHD Receiver be able to display Closed Captions?

Funny that you ask.....

We are currently working on an solution to pass EIA-608 Closed Captioning through on the composite video port for the connected analog device to decode and display. This feature must be available if it will be a GloryStar STB. Not 100% sure that CC will be available at this point, but the chipset supplier states yes..... we say maybe! :)

EIA-708 CC may be able to be generated and text overlaid on the video for both HDMI and composite ports, but that is unlikely at this time...... Added to the fact that few broadcasters are transmitting EIA-708.

Are any of the FTA HD STBs passing or displaying EIA-608 or EIA-708 CC? AZBox, Manhattan, Pansat, Sathawk ( S9 or S10)?

Last edited:
Have been following the tech aspects of this thread. If you do a pre-order for the box - I'm in!

Thank you Mike for your support of the microHD! :up

We learned years ago never to take pre-orders on custom manufactured products, especially first run. Too many variables can shift a delivery date. I.E. Component shortages, production booking, transportation issues, customs clearance, etc..

I prefer to focus on product development and then make an announcement once the product is in the warehouse. We will be airing in Pre-release units and will make these available to select product development partners, key resellers and several will be set aside for forum contests.

We will make the first public release microHD units available in a SatelliteGuys contest as a Thank You to all members for your continuing support of GEOSATpro products and indispensable input on the project! :D

Brian,

I searched for battery on the this thread and don't see anyone asking: Will it have an internal battery (similar to PC and other components) to keep the time during power outages?

Thx.

i think if it gets co-ordinated time from the satellites, it would not need a battery. if it's receiving, it would be on time. at least co-ordinated time and i do my stuff on that time rather than central standard or daylight time. charlie

Well, after 173 replies or more I'll like to see an estimate date??? jan, Feb. Mar?? looking forward to get one!!

Will it have an internal battery (similar to PC and other components) to keep the time during power outages?

Charlie is correct. If using GMT time setting, the time originates from the satellite.

If Local Time is selected, the setting could be lost during a power outage. A momentary outage has no effect. We opted not to include an internal battery since the STB runs off of 12vdc, there are many inexpensive auto/mobile options to power or buffer 12vdc.

The other day I was playing around powering the microHD with a clip of 8 AA batteries, a battery from a RC car, a cordless drill battery and with this cool device: Freeplay Freecharge 12V - Google Search
A lot of work just to watch TV, but it worked great! ;)

I've been researching the stb I am going to buy for 6 months since I am out of my two year contract with dish network in Feb. I've decided that the MicroHd will be the beginning of my new fta system !!! Just from reading this thread from head to toe gives me chills because being the gadget freak I am I could see myself truly enjoying this awesome device. Thanks for the update Brian I can't wait !! :)

The other day I was playing around powering the microHD with a clip of 8 AA batteries, a battery from a RC car, a cordless drill battery and with this cool device: Freeplay Freecharge 12V - Google Search
A lot of work just to watch TV, but it worked great! ;)

Might have to buy an extra microHD to use as a deluxe portable satellite meter! One 12V pack should easily power both the receiver and a portable LCD screen! :D

This receiver sounds interesting, and if you can ever get the ability to do 4:2:2 signals, even if it meant increasing the price, you would have one heck of an STB that could outdo the azbox and take away most of their business over here.
I like what I have heard so far and hope that there would be a future receiver to do those 4:2:2 signals as this would be the bread winner for many!

On a second note, what about the satellite lists in the receiver? are they going to be separate by C & ku ?
Will the end user have the ability to program in their own satellites?

I use my FTA STB's as slaves off of master dish moving receivers. My current satellite lists are North Americanized and are even separated further by the polarity. This is done as there are so many signals that are close in numbers and are not full time so when one goes down and the other comes up I no longer need to re-scan, I have them in my lists but the only way to get them all in was to separate the satellites by polarity.
I have had this setup now for over 9 months without a problem.
for instance I have Satellite Galaxy 19 C-band (H), Galaxy 19 C-band (V), Galaxy 19 ku (V) Galaxy 19 ku (H).
This also reduced the time to blind scan since it was only doing one polarity at a time.
Something that would be interesting to see if the end user could do or have it offered for those who want it that way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts