New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know I'm kinda late on this but on the Geosat 200 I logged like 400 audio streams off AMC8....most had no audio( language said 1/0) but some had audio :)

I know I'm kinda late on this but on the Geosat 200 I logged like 400 audio streams off AMC8....most had no audio( language said 1/0) but some had audio :)

How many audio services were logged on TP frequency 3951? The OK/List button / Advanced List (red Button) will show the TP frequency of the highlighted channel.

148 it logged

1 on Dial Global (like it should)
225 on the 4124 TP
109 on 4111
148 on 3952
483 total

if you want me to e-mail it a channelmaster file to ya I can do that

Thanks Iceberg! I received the file and will compare to the microHD logging. The counts are close to recent scans, but I am curious if the lists are now identical. I will let you know the results.

The microHD is now logging and naming all audio services that TSreader is showing on 3951. We are getting close to factory firmware deadline for manufacturing, so just implementing the final performance tweaks.

I know when I've scanned that sat it might vary on what it loads. Guess I can try again since I am aimed close right now (at 137) and see what pops up this time

I noticed today I had to do a blind scan to log anything on those...If I did just a TP scan it said "nothing found"

I'll send you the new list for comparison...there is like 550+ channels total logged on that sat this time

The microHD is now logging and naming all audio services that TSreader is showing on 3951.
all 1,450 or so channels or just 400 or so? I have a feeling you should release a good channel editor with the receiver so all the missing audio channels can be manually edited in.

all 1,450 or so channels or just 400 or so? I have a feeling you should release a good channel editor with the receiver so all the missing audio channels can be manually edited in.

So do you have a definitive answer of how many active audio services are on transponder frequency 3951? TSreader does not log 1450 audio services. Currently the microHD is logging every PMT that TSreader is logging. Approximately 920 audio services on 3951.

We are working with a European software provider to support the microHD. Planning on a very strong editor to be available before the release of the microHD. The 150 satellite limit is giving them some grief in the file conversion import / export processes. Channel editors are outside of my comfort zone, so just feeding information and testing results.

Last edited:
"Haven't had a chance to check the bizzarre lock up issues on the college football feed that is being discussed in another thread. "
Brian , If you PM a mailing address, I could send you a 2.2 GB .ts file of one of the feeds.
:)

Had an opportunity to view, record and analyze the problematic MPEG2 football feed this weekend. The channel had no issues in live mode. During playback there is an occasional "macroblocking" and after 50+ seconds, the receiver entered a 1 second infinite loop. Was able to exit out of playback and repeat.

Briefly analyzed the TS and not able to determine the cause. We sent a TS file of the program to our factory engineers for review. Will share their observations and report when this issue is resolved.

So do you have a definitive answer of how many active audio services are on transponder frequency 3951? TSreader does not log 1450 audio services. Currently the microHD is logging every PMT that TSreader is logging. Approximately 920 audio services on 3951.
when I analyze the signal with TSREADER, I get 1,450 or so programs (not all active at once with audio). I don't know if your receiver reads in all audio programs so it's ready when the audio stream becomes active with something, or if your receiver just reads in whatever audio streams may be active.

when I analyze the signal with TSREADER, I get 1,450 or so programs (not all active at once with audio). I don't know if your receiver reads in all audio programs so it's ready when the audio stream becomes active with something, or if your receiver just reads in whatever audio streams may be active.

The PMTs are numbered through 1467, but if I count the audio services, there are approximately 920 PMTs. Do you count 1450 PMTs in your scans or are there gaps in the sequence?

The firmware currently ignores null pids and PIDs not defined by the PMTs during the logging sequence. It does log defined PMTs and does not need to have active programming. We are currently testing complete PID logging and other variables to evaluate what is possible without crashing the logging operation. There are some satellite feeds that have non compliant data that causes undesirable issues, so we are experimenting with many variables when scanning different transponders and data types.

We should have revised firmware compiled early next week after the holiday that we will be able to test with the approved production hardware. We currently have established a limit of 5000 PMTs and continue to massage the firmware to work within the current approved production hardware.

On the subject of 4:2:2, would it be possible to bring the data stream to a rear panel jack that might be connected to a computer or other external device?

Pixl said:
On the subject of 4:2:2, would it be possible to bring the data stream to a rear panel jack that might be connected to a computer or other external device?

Are you suggesting adding an ASI output? If so, what would be the advantage over a PCI card based 4:2:2 solution?

SatelliteAV said:
Had an opportunity to view, record and analyze the problematic MPEG2 football feed this weekend. The channel had no issues in live mode. During playback there is an occasional "macroblocking" and after 50+ seconds,

One thing that I overlooked in the initial testing is that it appears that this signal is a S2 8PSK variant H8PSK. We had activated this modulation type in the microHD firmware, but had not recorded a live signal until now to test. We had caught a few NBA lock out press feeds during the past few weeks in H8PSK, but had not recorded the programming for playback testing.

We have now corrected the H8PSK file playback issue and it is implemented in the microHD.
The microHD currently supports:
DVB-S (QPSK)
DVB-S2 (QPSK / 8PSK / H8PSK / 16APSK)

In observation of other posts, it would appear that the Openbox and Manhattan have not implemented H8PSK.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)