New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
hi Brian, sorry to go off topic, but i have a quick question about the microHD.
i've noticed it has dc power input, how clean and stable does the power in have to be?
does the receiver have an internal voltage regulator so it can be directly hooked up to a somewhat less than stable 12v source, such as a car or rv, or would it require an external regulator, or an inverter and the power supply that comes with it to operate without worry?
either way, i am eagerly awaiting the release of this receiver
thank you for your time
smile.gif

Dennis

The microHD has internal power regulator with voltage reversal protection. We have tested on various voltages and with vehicles power ports. Excellent results with 10 - 15vdc sources. Not at a point to post the specs, but will share that the microHD performed flawlessly in a mobile environment with a revving engine and all. We recently upgraded the DC jack to a beefy 5.5mm OD/2.1mm ID and the external power supply is rated 2 amps. BTW....mobile DC (cigarette plug) adapters are readily available to meet these specs.

The UL certs and FCC part 15 compliance testing are complete, so not planning any additional hardware modifications for this rev. We will be posting up official power specs at a future time.

Last edited:
microHD

Super looking forward to an HD box that doesn't take up the whole media center space! :nerd:

The two controller boxes I use, 1 G-box and 1 V-box both max out at 99 positions. No need for 150 in the Micro.

We are currently are working on the simultaneous support of Fixed, USALS and DiSEqC 1.2 assignable by satellite. This will allow each satellite in the list to be independently assigned and controlled as a fixed, motorized DiSEqQ 1.2 or motorized USALS. That should give you tons of motor and switch flexibility and save wear and tear on motors swinging around dishes when all you really wanted was a channel from a fixed dish.

We are currently are working on the simultaneous support of Fixed, USALS and DiSEqC 1.2 assignable by satellite. This will allow each satellite in the list to be independently assigned and controlled as a fixed, motorized DiSEqQ 1.2 or motorized USALS. That should give you tons of motor and switch flexibility and save wear and tear on motors swinging around dishes when all you really wanted was a channel from a fixed dish.
I hope you also give it the ability to use a dual LOF 5150/10750 for C/Ku LNBFs

well, i finally realized that i have a geosatpro receiver here already. dsr-200c. i used it the other day when i finally set up my 6' dish. i like aiming the dish better with the dsr200c over the openbox. i can find the signal better with it. guess i will wait patiently for it's release. charlie

I hope you also give it the ability to use a dual LOF 5150/10750 for C/Ku LNBFs

We are providing the default Universal switching 5150 (22KHz OFF) / 10750 (22KHz ON) per request. This setting will work good as it can be user assigned to be active only on select satellites and not be set for all satellites. Personally, I like to keep my lists separate as the C-band side is not blind scanned as frequently as KU. The waiting for unnecessary scans would KILL me!

A default list of satellites with active transponders will be preinstalled at the factory for satellites visible from North America. The list will be split into two sections. First the KU band then second the C-Band satellites. This default list or your custom list can be downloaded via USB, edited and loaded back onto the receiver. Sorry, the list is not Channel Master software compatible. We are negotiating with a European software developer to provide a free killer editing program designed to manage the microHD's larger memory capacity and switching capabilities.

....We are negotiating with a European software developer to provide a free killer editing program designed to manage the microHD's larger memory capacity and switching capabilities.

Very glad to hear that!

To me, that was the biggest drawback with the Visionsat, no channel editor capability (at least I never found one that worked).

well, i finally realized that i have a geosatpro receiver here already. dsr-200c. i used it the other day when i finally set up my 6' dish. i like aiming the dish better with the dsr200c over the openbox. i can find the signal better with it. guess i will wait patiently for it's release. charlie

dsr_dvr_meter.jpg
You probably are referring to this Full Screen Signal Quality Meter that displays a Bar Graph when you press the SIGNAL button on the remote? We first introduced this meter on the DVR1100c and response has been very positive. The rise or fall of the meter makes it very easy to fine tune the dish or skew as the 6 second Signal Quality reading history visually displays the quality climbing or dropping. Easy to see outside easier to watch than a single bar.

The microHD features the easy access one button push Signal Button on the remote with the Full Screen Signal Quality Graph Meter and an audio tone (with of course with an ON/OFF button)!. :D

Very glad to hear that!

To me, that was the biggest drawback with the Visionsat, no channel editor capability (at least I never found one that worked).

The K-box editor worked fine as it was essentially the same hardware in a different case. I searched this site and Iceberg posted a K-box editor in this link
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/126499-visionsat-editor-program-3.html#post1522793

Not sure if it is the editor that I used back in the day... You might want to check it out.

We are providing the default Universal switching 5150 (22KHz OFF) / 10750 (22KHz ON) per request. This setting will work good as it can be user assigned to be active only on select satellites and not be set for all satellites. Personally, I like to keep my lists separate as the C-band side is not blind scanned as frequently as KU. The waiting for unnecessary scans would KILL me!

Will there be an option to restrict Ku-band scans to 11700-12200? There are non-universal LNBs that nevertheless have enough sensitivity above 12200 to capture DBS transponders with a normal Ku dish, and some receivers will happily scan up that high even if a non-universal LO is selected. Aside from the unnecessary scan time, I also get a lot of data channels, or something, logged as ITC radio channels.

Will there be an option to restrict Ku-band scans to 11700-12200? There are non-universal LNBs that nevertheless have enough sensitivity above 12200 to capture DBS transponders with a normal Ku dish, and some receivers will happily scan up that high even if a non-universal LO is selected. Aside from the unnecessary scan time, I also get a lot of data channels, or something, logged as ITC radio channels.

The Start and Stop frequencies are set by typical default range of the LNB LO selected. Example: LO 10750 defaults to Start - 11700 / Stop - 12200. or LO 11250 Start 12200 / Stop 12700. If you wish to scan outside of that range, they can be modified to increase or decrease.

Brian, will the microHD be able to separately scan horizontal and vertical transponders (H or V only)? Also, will there be common bandstacked settings (like, for example, the Eagle Aspen Ku-Band or B1SAT C-Band) for the L.O. frequency selection?

How well does it handle recording high bitrate feeds? Sorry for so many questions, and I guess we're going a little off of the original topic, but I'm excited about the new box!

I can't wait until the end of the year! :)

I think a lot of us are excited about this new box!

When Brian is ready I would like to launch a stand along MicroHD support forum. :)

The K-box editor worked fine as it was essentially the same hardware in a different case. I searched this site and Iceberg posted a K-box editor in this link
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...9-visionsat-editor-program-3.html#post1522793

Not sure if it is the editor that I used back in the day... You might want to check it out.

I remember that thread, never did get that editor to work for me, but operator error could have been the problem, I was really green then.

I have both of my Visionsats loaned out to people that I setup fixed dish systems for, if I ever get them back I may give that editor another go, thanks.

Tron said:
Brian, will the microHD be able to separately scan horizontal and vertical transponders (H or V only)?
Scan parameters for polarity, MHz steps, symbol rate ranges, FTA/ALL, TV/RADIO/DATA (for IP TS recording) and fully adjustable start and stop frequency scan range.

Tron said:
Also, will there be common bandstacked settings (like, for example, the Eagle Aspen Ku-Band or B1SAT C-Band) for the L.O. frequency selection?
Includes a very complete list containing all common Standard, Universal, OCS and SCR LNBFs. Anyone playing with KA LNBs? If so, let us know about the LOs, scan ranges, LOFs, etc.

Tron said:
How well does it handle recording high bitrate feeds?
Does very well on the problematic feeds that have been discussed in the forums. Haven't had a chance to check the bizzarre lock up issues on the college football feed that is being discussed in another thread.

If there is a specific feed that you want us to verify, drop me a short PM with the feed name, air dates and times, satellite, transponder, PIDs (if available), modulation type and any information about the feed that makes it problematic ( I.E. Stutter, lip sync, etc.) The PMs and feed information will be kept confidential.

PMs are invited for confidential or proprietary questions, but otherwise I would like to keep discussions in the open and public forum. I am all for building a knowledge base!

Brian,

It would also be nice if all of these wonderful adjustable features originate on one page for the sat you are working with.
Presently with many receivers you can be at say 99w setup page for lnb, switches etc, then if you want to edit TP's you exit out of that page, navigate over to TP's, and when you get in the sat you were working with has to be re-selected from a drop down list. You might have the same thing when you go to set up the motor parameters, once you get in there you have to re-select the sat you were working with. One stop shopping for all set up related to a given sat would be better. Maybe when your done you exit to "watch tv" area where sats and channels are displayed different and more conveniently for that activity.

thank you

It would also be nice if all of these wonderful adjustable features originate on one page for the sat you are working with.

Currently, the satellite set-up screen is exited to perform a scan. Honesty, we are focusing on enabling and reliability of functions for the first release. GUI design modifications will definitely occur in future revisions.

If you are familiar with GEOSATpro DSR100,200 and DVR1100 receivers you will know that all configuration and scans for those receivers originated from the Motor Set-up Menu as shown below.
Motor_Setup.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.