New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
"Haven't had a chance to check the bizzarre lock up issues on the college football feed that is being discussed in another thread. "
Brian , If you PM a mailing address, I could send you a 2.2 GB .ts file of one of the feeds.
:)

Scan parameters for polarity, MHz steps, symbol rate ranges, FTA/ALL, TV/RADIO/DATA (for IP TS recording) and fully adjustable start and stop frequency scan range.

Includes a very complete list containing all common Standard, Universal, OCS and SCR LNBFs. Anyone playing with KA LNBs? If so, let us know about the LOs, scan ranges, LOFs, etc.

Does very well on the problematic feeds that have been discussed in the forums. Haven't had a chance to check the bizzarre lock up issues on the college football feed that is being discussed in another thread.

If there is a specific feed that you want us to verify, drop me a short PM with the feed name, air dates and times, satellite, transponder, PIDs (if available), modulation type and any information about the feed that makes it problematic ( I.E. Stutter, lip sync, etc.) The PMs and feed information will be kept confidential.

PMs are invited for confidential or proprietary questions, but otherwise I would like to keep discussions in the open and public forum. I am all for building a knowledge base!

Thanks Brian! Looks like this will be the best box yet :) ... Love the tweakability!

Ice, in post #89:

"A default list of satellites with active transponders will be preinstalled at the factory for satellites visible from North America. The list will be split into two sections. First the KU band then second the C-Band satellites. This default list or your custom list can be downloaded via USB, edited and loaded back onto the receiver. Sorry, the list is not Channel Master software compatible. We are negotiating with a European software developer to provide a free killer editing program designed to manage the microHD's larger memory capacity and switching capabilities."

Ice, in post #89:

"A default list of satellites with active transponders will be preinstalled at the factory for satellites visible from North America. The list will be split into two sections. First the KU band then second the C-Band satellites. This default list or your custom list can be downloaded via USB, edited and loaded back onto the receiver. Sorry, the list is not Channel Master software compatible. We are negotiating with a European software developer to provide a free killer editing program designed to manage the microHD's larger memory capacity and switching capabilities."

A Slight Clarification..... This Channel Editor software app does import .db Data Base files. Channel Master exports .db files. I have tested and it worked well. So in a way, there is Channel Master support.... ;)

so in a roundabout way ChannelMaster could be used?

Reason I ask is that is mainly how thelist gets updated. Via Channelmaster files

so in a roundabout way ChannelMaster could be used?

Reason I ask is that is mainly how thelist gets updated. Via Channelmaster files

To bad! Getting kinda "old school" and keeps the current batch of typical receivers from being capable of submitting updates.

SatelliteAV said:
Than you Skysurfer for this information. We are not alone. Along with the inability for VLC to playback the audio services on the 3951 MUX, another member shared that he has issues with TS Reader in capturing all of the 3951 MUX tables and PIDs. I also noted that it would capture portions of the table (differently each time) with a maximum of 156 PMTs. Since I have several years of concurrent TS Reader Pro licensing and have worked with Rod in the past, I hope for a better response that you experienced. I wrote a detailed email to Rod requesting assistance. If there is a fix available or we find a solution to these limitations, I will certainly post.

It appears that it is either a timing or memory allocation that is also limiting TS Reader from logging all of the 3951 MUX Tables. Still having issues with TS Reader crashing during the Table reading, but not as frequent with the memory fix on the PC. At least we were able to capture a larger portion of the MUX to determine why the microHD was not logging this MUX.

Great news about TSReader supporting all audio services on 3951 Citadel MUX!

Sent an email over to Rod detailing the lock-up issues and limited PMT logging along with a TS of the MUX. Rod indicated that TSreader limited PID logging so he has removed this limitation and it is now capable of logging all 1500 audio services with rerelease version 2.8.47a

Now that should save hobbyists from injuries caused by repetitive keystroke entries!

So far this receiver looks very impressive.

It looks like Brain has a winner of a receiver. This receiver will be my Chistmas present.

When can we start ordering it.

Have been extensively testing the microHD on every fat signal up there. Today we put the unit through many high bandwidth recording exercises with excellent results.

Perfect recording, time shift and playback on SCPC, 29270 symbol rate programs! :D

Thanks to Iceberg for the assistance on today's active backhauls! :up

This new receiver is sounding better and better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)