New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This may sound like a silly question, but is anyone keeping score of what is Brain implementing into the MicroHD, in comparison to the Openbo:mad:es), and the Manhattan.

It's easy. I own one of each and have been following this very long thread closely. The earliest postings of specs and features showed it had already matched everything the OpenBox and Manhattan was offering. Since then Sat AV has been piling on more features and user options at the request of the members in here.

It's easy. I own one of each and have been following this very long thread closely. The earliest postings of specs and features showed it had already matched everything the OpenBox and Manhattan was offering. Since then Sat AV has been piling on more features and user options at the request of the members in here.

Thanks Pixl for your response

I do not own either an Openbox or a Manhattan, so I have no way of comparing the receivers.

I understand that the microHD has already matched everything that the OpenBo:mad:es) and the Manhattan have, but I guess that my question was of what more features, Brain and his team have and will implement beyond what the other competitors have to offer.

I am sold on this receiver, and will buy one or two for sure, I am just trying to get an idea of what my late Christmas present will be like.

Thank You

avenger.

Will there be a sort option for the scanned channels per sat? like if I want them to be listed per transponder, or from H-V or V-H polarity for those with feedhorns and lnb's? Would be nice just to resort after a scan instead of moving each channel to my H and V manually.

It is on the todo list, but not yet implemented. :cool:

is there a quick and easy way to delete all transponders on a satellite? or delete all tps except one? I do that alot usually by hand and repeatedly for 20 or so tps.

Jim S. is correct, no LAN port on the microHD, so no LAN menu items.
No 4-2-2 or LAN it isn't something I will be putting out $$. Sorry I see this as bad design work. Without the LAN then when sats change means anything that has to be done isn't going to be as quick as it should be. I don't want to change things by hand of via a dnld on to a stick and then x-fer to unit.

No 4-2-2 or LAN it isn't something I will be putting out $$. Sorry I see this as bad design work. Without the LAN then when sats change means anything that has to be done isn't going to be as quick as it should be. I don't want to change things by hand of via a dnld on to a stick and then x-fer to unit.

I don't see how using a usb stick to update things once in awhile would be a deal breaker, on a budget receiver. If it were something that were a must to use the receiver daily, yeah that would be a pain. Using it once in awhile is no big deal.

For 125 I don't think you're going to find a blindscan HD/S2 receiver that also does 4:2:2 and has all the other bells and whistles.
Let's give SatAV some encouragement-he IS trying to bring us a box that'll meet a lot of demands for a good price.

whatchel1 said:
Without the LAN then when sats change means anything that has to be done isn't going to be as quick as it should be. I don't want to change things by hand of via a dnld on to a stick and then x-fer to unit.

Actually, there is no other FTA receiver in North America that can be updated via satellite! No need to locate the latest firmware file. No need to dowload and unzip. No need to transfer from your PC to the receiver. To update the firmware, simply select "Firmware Update by Satellite" in the menu. The firmware will be updated to the most recent approved version. Data updates for satellite changes is also available as an optional update via "Default Data Update by Satellite".

Saving backups and computer channel editing will be by USB. Very few users telnet file management on their receivers. This is an extremely niche hobbyist segment and I would assert that very few hobbyist (even on this site) have ever used a LAN connection to manage their receiver.

We understand that this unit is not going to fit every users wants or needs, but for $125 it offers more features, developmental support than any other receiver currently available.

Last edited:
Saving backups and computer channel editing will be by USB. Very few users telnet file management on their receivers. This is an extremely niche hobbyist segment and I would assert that very few hobbyist (even on this site) have ever used a LAN connection to manage their receiver.

We understand that this unit is not going to fit every users wants or needs, but for $125 it offers more features, developmental support than any other receiver currently available.

While I'm sure there are a few here on this forum (and elsewhere) that do telnet, I would agree with that assertion.....I can't even spell "LAN". :D

is there a quick and easy way to delete all transponders on a satellite? or delete all tps except one? I do that alot usually by hand and repeatedly for 20 or so tps.

How about a way to "Select All", then a way to deselect the desired one (or more) tps?

I know on the 200 you go into the TP list and hit the yellow button. No need to confirm deletion it just deletes them :)

I have used the satellite update feature on my Geosatpeo dsr200c and its a very quick and easy way to update the firmware!Glad the microHD will have this feature.

I do too and its great. When AMC4 switched to SES1 about a week later the software updated that :)

How about a way to "Select All", then a way to deselect the desired one (or more) tps?

The microHD has the ability to delete individual or all transponders per satellite. There currently is no development for selection for group deletion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Programming Fortec Lifetime Ultra FTA receiver

Sacriledge!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)