New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Copykat

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 16, 2010
NE US
With a delayed release date and all this current firmware development, it might be the only receiver released with full featured firmware instead of having to wait months for all the features we need to be added and the bugs to be worked out. :D

melbfla

SatelliteGuys Guru
Dec 6, 2006
This is what I have been waiting for no a well design and done correct by a company that cares

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
no pre-orders accepted until they have a finalized date
Brian doesnt want to hold our money and feel rushed to get a inferior product out to make a few people who pre-ordered happy

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Here is the latest update to answer a few members requests.

The microHD currently supports and has been verified with these formats:
QPSK / 8PSK / H8PSK / 16APSK / 32APSK and finally 64APSK!!!

The composite video output is default and set for NTSC 480i. The HDMI is fully CEC compliant the resolution can be set by source, connected monitor or manual selection in these resolutions: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p!!!

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
Here is the latest update to answer a few members requests.

The composite video output is default and set for NTSC 480i. The HDMI is fully CEC compliant the resolution can be set by source, connected monitor or manual selection in these resolutions: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p!!!
The part I bolded has me sold on this thing right now! :D

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Iceberg said:
it should. I know the Manhattan will work with a 2TB drive

Not sure what was said to suggest a potential issue with a 2 TB drive. Iceberg is correct in his assumption.

So far, the microHD works with every USB 2.0 and 3.0 HDD that we have tested. Only have one 2TB drive on the bench and it is recognized and formats fine. Have only had issues with occasional small thumb flash drives with poor bandwidth.

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 21, 2007
MA
SatelliteAV said:
Not sure what was said to suggest a potential issue with a 2 TB drive. Iceberg is correct in his assumption.

So far, the microHD works with every USB 2.0 and 3.0 HDD that we have tested. Only have one 2TB drive on the bench and it is recognized and formats fine. Have only had issues with occasional small thumb flash drives with poor bandwidth.
I can't wait for the arrival of this product.

skysurfer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 1, 2006
The part I bolded has me sold on this thing right now! :D

don't get too excited - it's probably not all the various configurations of those modulations. It's probably the most common configuration which I've seen video (the other configurations of those moduations that I"ve logged happen to be data transmissions so not useful for the microHD).

I know the Manhattan does one configuration of 16APSK as I've locked video of that configuration and modulation. I"m sure the MicroHD will match that by doing the same configuration of 16APSK. I'm still looking for a 32APSK video service to try the manhattan on (and eventually the microHD when I get one).

as for the undisclosed feature of a chipset that was disclosed about 2 pages back, I"m hoping it's MPEG-4 4:2:2 format since I"m starting to see a few feeds using that format now and it would be nice to have a box that will do it when my other boxes won't (just my PC and PCI tuner card does it using certain codecs).

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Not sure what is meant by "different configurations" of 16apsk??? There are few parameters such as FEC, pilot and inversion, but not sure what other legit setting variations could be configured by the encoder. We have benched every valid configuration setting on our encoder with extreme signal variations and above average attenuations to confirm a lock.

If you have a specific problematic feed and can provide either the TS file with the transponder parameters or a schedule, we would be interested in testing.

Once again, I confirm that the microHD will NOT process and display 4:2:2. Don't want members reading features into the thread that will not exist and have false hopes for a feature that is not in development.

Last edited:

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA

Brian, are these the undisclosed chipset features that you mentioned before as being a first on a consumer FTA box? Is the cat out of the bag, or do we have more surprises in store? :D

skysurfer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 1, 2006
Brian, are these the undisclosed chipset features that you mentioned before as being a first on a consumer FTA box? Is the cat out of the bag, or do we have more surprises in store? :D
Manhattan does QPSK, 8PSK and 16APSK in CCM only configuration type, so it's not a first for a consumer FTA box for the microHD to support it. I am trying to see if I can find a 32APSK video signal to test that with the manhattan but no luck so far. I think the microHD will at least match the Manhattan in tuner modulation capabilities so that is a good thing.

skysurfer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 1, 2006
Once again, I confirm that the microHD will NOT process and display 4:2:2.
that includes the MPEG-4 4:2:2? I know most people clammor for MPEG-2 4:2:2. I"m curious about the MPEG-4 4:2:2 flavor since that appears to be where feeds are heading and it would be nice to have a STB do that instead of having to use the PC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts