New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looked back many pages and posts, but did not find the answer. So, is this neat little box "on the boat from China" or is it a pile of parts being put together? In other words, when to be "FOR SALE?"

RT.

The key word is "display", if he could shine again and tell what sat/tpn he got and what TS his pull (if pull) by microHD ... that would big difference: display or work with.
I believe they are "bench testing" it Smith. He described a pretty elaborate set of bench tools to sim DVB signals. I think he was looking for some input on where to find challenging signal sources and was doing it via PM if the person wanted to keep there discoveries private.
I suspect he would be interested in confidentially testing any real world signal you may have to offer but you'll have to ask him for more details though.

Dee, I believe the microHD will support FAT32 just fine. If you read the second column on the back of the box scan, it says NTFS/FAT32 :) ...

As a Micro$oft Windows user, my hard drives are all formatted NTFS, so either way it won't be an issue. The advantage of NTFS is larger file sizes and less wasted space on the drive.

Actually I should have been more specific. I should have said that I don't like ANY windows file systems. I prefer ext4. Even better would have been support for ZFS..
I don't like or trust anything about windows.

In other words, when to be "FOR SALE?

well the website said march 23 no pre-sales 125.00 14 shipping

The microHD default data base has the satellites positions separated by KU-band and C-band. The KU-band satellites are listed first and the C-Band satellites are listed last. Examples of the microHD default satellite naming convention are:
97.0w K G19 or 101.0w C SES1

The STB remote can be used to rename, add or delete the satellites, transponders, channels, reassign positions, rename channels, sort, etc. Major database management can be quickly performed with the Ali Editor. If a user prefers the satellite names to be presented differently, no problem. When a user wants a different experience, 5 minutes with a USB stick, a PC and free editing software will make the lists display anything and in anyway that they desire!

I don't understand what the issue is with a satellite receiver's default data base referencing a satellite by position and by a name. Outside of a core group of advanced hobbyists, satellites are referenced in the industry with both name and/or position. If you were told simply that a channel was on the 101w satellite, would you know if it was on SES1 or DirecTV? There are many examples where satellite names are very useful and I suggest that satellite naming is definitely NOT old school. If you don't like it, change it! Welcome to 2012.... It isn't like we are in the 80's with unchangeable data burn for eternity into our STBs and must cope for eternity with pre-named satellites and even pre-named channels......

Update: Satellite AV has contracted with a developer and will soon be releasing a FREE advanced editing program for the microHD. This software package is widely used in Europe and has some great features and flexibility!

OPSK, 8PSK, H8PSK, 16/32APSK testing was performed on several live satellite transmissions using satellite finds graciously provided by SatelliteGuys members. These members are truly interested in helping develop the micoHD and their assistance has been invaluable! If you would rather just post and whine about your personal dislikes, doubts and fears..... Hope it works for ya...

Once again, the invitation is made: If any member would like a specific live channel or TS recording tested, please PM me. We will not publicly share any private or confidential information or finds. If any member has a concern regarding if a transmission type will be supported, please PM me with transmission specifics and parameters for confirmation testing. We own an encoder / modulator specifically used for bench testing and have access to several uplink facilities to run tests on the benches and with live satellite transmissions in multiple formats that are not typically or rarely found on satellites at this time (I.E. 64APSK). We can support most testing file and modulation types.

Remember Satellite Guys and Gals..... This is a $125 receiver and it seriously kicks butt. It may not do everything out there, but it is developed by a North American hobbyist to do the things that we hobbyist like receivers to do. I will never develop or sell a product that I would not have in my own home!

I have a microHD in my home....... :)

The satellite naming convention used by the microHD makes perfect sense. Orbital position first, followed by band and satellite name. This is all the information anyone needs to properly aim a dish.

I'll be starting a microHD project thread soon, as parts are coming in that I'm using to construct a mobile rackmount case that will serve as a satellite and media player workstation. Already have the mobile rackmount case, rackmount SATA storage enclosure, HDMI switch, and rack shelves. Still waiting on a Keystone jack rack panel and associated parts... And, of course, the microHDs ;) ...

Thank you to satellite av for that amazing receiver and only$125 us.I don't joke.I said amazing receiver yes for the price .Just compare the vantage vt1 cust $700 canadian buy from germany.And are one good receiver may best receiver .And for $125 usa the microhd are more then amazing because on free to air at over twenty years ago one pansat 100 from usa to canada cust around $180 canadian.And the Micro hd do all I need surffing for new channels I don't need youtube browser internete connection etc.

Last edited:
The satellite naming convention used by the microHD makes perfect sense. Orbital position first, followed by band and satellite name. This is all the information anyone needs to properly aim a dish.

I'll be starting a microHD project thread soon, as parts are coming in that I'm using to construct a mobile rackmount case that will serve as a satellite and media player workstation. Already have the mobile rackmount case, rackmount SATA storage enclosure, HDMI switch, and rack shelves. Still waiting on a Keystone jack rack panel and associated parts... And, of course, the microHDs ;) ...

Going by the numbers is so much easier. They change the names all the time but the positions are etched in stone. I can remember the numbers but the names? Forget about it!
Makes sense to me.

Oh, I do want to say, I wish it were possible to put an IPTV capability in this tuner, or any tuner for that matter.
There are some internet only channels I would love to be able to access through a set top box such as White Springs.
I bought a WDTV box and it claims to do IPTV but you can only watch things like HULU and Netflix. You can not manually enter addresses of offbeat "channels".
I even hacked the WD box to give it additional features and that didn't let me do it either.

Sure, you can watch them on your PC but sometimes I would like to watch stuff like White Springs on my TV.. Youtube? Garbage.. Who cares?

Oh well. Just thought I would throw that out there, not complaining at all, just saying it would be a neat feature to have.
But I realize it would be an added expense to develop, implement and support so I understand why it's not considered.

:)

You know, people have been touting IPTV for years but I've not yet seen anyone implement it in any sort of decent STB..

There's HULU and Netflunks but they both fall far short of being a viable stand in for cable or pizza satellite.
There's that weird Boxee thing but it too falls short in many ways. Not to mention it's weird shape. Because of it's shape it takes up more space than it should.
Someone should sell an add-on base for it so it can sit normally but I would bet they would sue the pants off anyone attempting to make something like that. :(

Someone needs to make one that doesn't lock you into one or two services, there needs to be one that is 1000% user configurable.
Let us enter ANY IPTV channel we want, no matter how offbeat and obscure. ( Whitesprings.tv :whistle:)

The GEOSATpro microHD is focused on satellite reception and doing it well. The chipset was not chosen and the firmware not designed for Internet delivery of content.

A GEOSATpro hybrid product including IP service is in initial phases of testing. This new model, if ever released would not be the microHD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)