New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Some people will complain about anything :rolleyes:

I do the postage on anything like this if it makes sense to me..And If I really want the item, the postage/delivery won't be an issue.

Last edited:
For a tuner that WORKS and isn't designed as a TOS pirate box, it's worth it. The price for this thing is about what I paid for my S10 but this one will actually WORK vs the S10 which is mostly useless to me.

so, I'll be buying one. Then I can shut down that hot, noisy home theater PC and retire that flaky, almost useless Openbox S10.

If the timers work and it does DVR recording and S2, it's a winner. That's light years ahead of anything else out there.

:)

Its $14.00 shipping, seems high when USPS Priority Flat rate medium box is $10 and change.. and fits most FTA receivers out there.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
HUH??????
what government agency did you say you work for? USPS Advertising? USPS is so wonderful, my junk mail advertising comes a week after it expires. First class takes up to 2 weeks. FedEx is second day --- UPS overnight takes a week.

Brian's stuff is usually next day between 1145 and noon. (FedEx).

HUH??????
what government agency did you say you work for? USPS Advertising? USPS is so wonderful, my junk mail advertising comes a week after it expires. First class takes up to 2 weeks. FedEx is second day --- UPS overnight takes a week.

Brian's stuff is usually next day between 1145 and noon. (FedEx).

UPS = United Package Smashers

WORST delivery service EVER..... Company policy it to crush, mangle, smash, toss, kick and generally abuse everything as much as possible. They also deliver AFTER DARK and use OPEN golf carts!
I despise UPS with a passion and avoid using them when given other options.

In defense of the USPS. At least here where I am, they get the mail to me on time and packages almost always arrive undamaged, showing no signs of abuse.
Their tracking system however, S*CKS...... Worst tracking system ever.. Track it after the fact. I suppose you could probably pay for optional "semi-real time mostly accurate tracking" but really, it's pretty sad..

Fed Ex, at least in this area, has good tracking, is on time, delivers early in the day. I've never had an issue with them abusing packages. They are more expensive but reliable.
When given the chance to choose, I usually will opt for Fed Ex. When I bought my camera last year it came from New York. They offered free 2nd day air via UPS. I declined and paid $40 to have next day air via Fed Ex.
I wasn't about to ship something so valuable through United Package Smashers... No way, no how....

Personally, I wish United Package Smashers would go out of business. They are truly awful.... :mad:

Next thing you know we are going to find out that Brian is going to make a **gasp*** PROFIT off of this new unit!

Tell me it ain't so!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :D

Brian, will this receiver also be offered through your Ebay shop?
Thanks.
Seriously???? $14 for an insured delivery on a satellite receiver is too much? So, it is worth saving $4 and loose the real-time in-transit package tracking and insurance?

USPS Priority prices do not include insurance and the tracking updates usually occur after delivery. Ever experience a loss with USPS? Their claims process is not customer or business friendly. Our experience with the USPS tracking and claims process has been TERRIBLE!!! We typically will only use USPS for an inexpensive item that are unlikely to be damaged such as a LNBF, switch or cable. If these small items are lost, we are self insured and ignore the lame USPS claims process by simply replacing the lost or damaged product. Yes, we do have a business account and ship thousands of packages via USPS each month from our facility.

Satellite AV ships receivers by FedEx with full insurance and in transit tracking. Satellite AV is a medium size company with warehousing, shipping staff, a sales and support team. We are not an eBay seller working out of a spare bedroom. It costs us much more if a product is shipped via USPS and the delivery goes wrong! Satellite AV customer satisfaction is assured by providing a reliable delivery, in transit tracking and timely resolution in the case of a claim. Unfortunately, USPS tracking and claims processes do not provide this.

i went to the order page but it said no pre-orders. if i order it now, is that a pre-order? i do pay pal and it takes a few days to verify the check. i'm scared they will be sold out before my check clears... counting down the days. charlie

The quibbling over the shipping cost would be funny if it werent so sad. Lemme see..........140 bucks delivered for an essentially custom programmed, HD and PVR capable DVB receiver with a direct line to the FW coding group for detailed function description, feature suggestions, interactive roundtable style debugging discussion if/when needed and .....
from a reputable vendor with a developer/rep online gleaning the hobbyist community for desired features to make it all it can be (FOR US, the plug and play demographic dont care about the stuff we are asking for) and is here every day to answer questions and field issues............hmmmm
Find ANYTHING out there that is comparable for this price. Hell, find anything out there with that level of support period! I mean ANYTHING, auto, consumer electronics, real estate........name it
And as I'm sure these folks know, this box with this level of support will sell itself and could do so at the price some are paying for a Manhattan now or the SSOs when they 1st came along. If Openbox and Manhattan are following this product offering & price....they ARE Concerned!

Brian please dont lower yourself defending this offering. A simple "Perhaps you should give another satellite equipment seller your business. We wont mind, we promise!" should close any responses.
Carry on..........now where's my dang uHD?.....j/k...lol
I was going to get 2 on my initial order if possible, but I dont want to get greedy and someone else have to wait. Besides, I think it would work out better to wait until the multi address remote feature and 2nd gen remote is implemented before getting the 2nd one, if that's still under consideration. I plan to use both STBs in the same room.
Reason for edit: clarification in italics

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)