Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
We are performing a few firmware tweaks for the new GEOSATpro microHD and have a question about the audio services on AMC8 139W C-band.

I am sure that many of you will be excited to learn that the microHD has the ability to blind scan and TP scan then log hundreds of audio pids from a single transponder.

On AMC8 we have had success in scanning and logging hundreds of audio channels,but we just noted the exception of the Citadel MUX on TP frequency 3951. Is there anything different about this MUX from the other audio services? Format? Encoding? Encrypytion? TS Reader Professional keeps crashing when this transponder is tuned, and while the transponder scans into the microHD, no audio channels are being logged. Suggestions or help to point us in the right direction?

How well does it handle the Dial Global transponder with 30+ audio streams on one TP?

Here is a CM list. The Geosat 200 logs the 1st 4...I added the rest manually

Attachments

• 139w.zip
    815 bytes · Views: 285
How about 39 audio streams automatically logged on Dial Global MUX? :cool:

Not all streams have an active program. Are some occasional?

What do you get on the Citadel MUX?

yes some of the stations are no audio. Usually the 1st few

Also most of those are national feeds that smaller radio stations pick up so there are dead spots for local ads

I havent tried that one latelly..maybe tomorrow ;)

Using an OPENBOX S9 and a 7.5ft mesh I get 58 radio channels of which I can only hear audio on one= DG TX Prog (last one in the list). I get several transponders, but radio channels on 4123, V, 5787; and 4110, V, 5000.

Cannot get anything past a single press of the audio button on my remote either? Odd... they do not show as encripted.

These audio feeds are well known, documented and discussed on many sites including SatelliteGuys.

Recent firmware threads compare what STBs are capable of receiving and many of these posts refer to the 139W audio channels and the inability for receivers to log.

Where should I ask this question? In a sub forum with limited member access and infrequently visited or on another site? I'll be happy to take this to a private message if it helps develop a better receiver for the hobbyists.

Anyone out there receiving the audio channels on 3951?

Srictly from someone who contracts to use that satellite for reception of our newscasts and sportscasts, I can tell you there are authorizations that talk TO our particular receiver, which is actually a full rack-mount PC. Called the MAX receiver for "Media Access Exchange" it has the DVB and DVB S-2 logos right on the front. Local spots come over the internet to insert in certain programs (like our CBS news) and are automatically played back from memory storage as part of the 'cast. We can be DE-authorized as easily as authorized, much like subscription TV. Some feeds will be "open" at times, however.

It was my impression that for MOST of the major suppliers (Westwood one, now "Dial Global") an authorization hit is needed to the particular receiver from their network operations. This makes sense, as it would keep stations with lesser conscience from just "grabbing" any feed they want and airing it without permission. We are authorized by contract to receive and re-transmit CBS NEWS and the 1 minute updates from Yahoo Sports Radio (formerly Sporting News Radio.)

Not sure if this helps at all..

Attachments

• PB030412.JPG
    PB030412.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 429
Just checked with my C-band dish, the 3951 V 10416 2/3 DVB TP logs 953 pids, no audio streams (that I can decode).
I would question the audio quality with that many audio streams that (could) be active at any time... I suppose these would be played over AM radio where high fidelity isn't a major issue?
Just using the AzBox here for your info Brian.
Getting about 85-90% Q on this TP through a tree with a few leaves still hanging on. Good and strong for 139W!

Congrats on the new receiver!! :)
-C.

Thanks Radio for the information on your stations useage of the Dial Global audio services for your station.

It would be interesting to learn more about the authorization. I suspect that it is related to the retriever and insertion operation of the system and not the actual audio streams. Non of the audio services appear to have any CAS PIDs in the network tables.

The 3951 MUX has a network table, but TS Reader keeps crashing as the tables load. What is different about this MUX? Why do DVBS S2 receivers scan and log the transponder, but do not log the services?

Good information Cham! Thanks for the AzBox confirmation of no decoding of audio services on 3951. I wonder what format these audio services are?

Thanks! We are excited to be breaking a few barriers with the introduction of the microHD.

I just scanned the TP with MyTheatre and identified 128 radio channels. Most show scrambled, and havn't found one that has audio now I can hear.

Good information Cham! Thanks for the AzBox confirmation of no decoding of audio services on 3951. I wonder what format these audio services are?

Thanks! We are excited to be breaking a few barriers with the introduction of the microHD.
I cant tell you how excited I am about this box. :)

So how small is micro? :)

I would question the audio quality with that many audio streams that (could) be active at any time... I suppose these would be played over AM radio where high fidelity isn't a major issue?
Actually there are many feeds for "music" formats on that bird, and with the proper equipment they sound quite nice! Back in the "starguide" days, you could get GREAT sound on those receivers! You have to remember, those services go to FM and AM stations nationwide!

Scott Greczkowski said:
I cant tell you how excited I am about this box. :)

So how small is micro? :)

Me too. I want one that just works out of the box without having to load firmware twice a week! :eek:

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

The GEOSATpro microHD STB is only 5" wide x 1.25" tall x 4.5" deep and weighs 6.1 ounces.
Will be shipped with a full size remote, batteries, external power supply and 1 meter - 3.5mm AV breakout cable

First Public Photo Release..... on SatelliteGuys!
FactoryApproval-microHD_gif.jpg

Estimated release end of December, 2011 or first of January 2012.

I just scanned the TP with MyTheatre and identified 128 radio channels. Most show scrambled, and havn't found one that has audio now I can hear.

Thank you Magic Static for the report.

Does MyTheatre display "SCRAMBLED" on any channel that has no audio and/or video or displays only on channels that are encrypted? Does it indicate the type of encryption that is used if displaying "SCRAMBLED"?

Now that is small!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)