New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm liking what I'm seeing in the micro receiver SatelliteAV is developing. I especially like the fact that they will work with this unit until it becomes a fitting receiver for the NA FTA community. Here's hoping for a very nice price point when it comes out! :D

Need more trouble shooting to determine why the audio services are not playing on the PC, but now at least able to capture and study the MUX.
It's probably a flaw with TSREADER/VLC interface. It's never worked for me and I"ve put in a support Q to Rod with no action on the issue (explanation why or a fix for it). The Manhattan receiver and the channel editor is my friend on that mux since the Manhattan natively writes about 60 channels to memory and I wanted to add a few other select audio services from the 1,462 channels available.

It's probably a flaw with TSREADER/VLC interface. It's never worked for me and I"ve put in a support Q to Rod with no action on the issue (explanation why or a fix for it). The Manhattan receiver and the channel editor is my friend on that mux since the Manhattan natively writes about 60 channels to memory and I wanted to add a few other select audio services from the 1,462 channels available.
Than you Skysurfer for this information. We are not alone. Along with the inability for VLC to playback the audio services on the 3951 MUX, another member shared that he has issues with TS Reader in capturing all of the 3951 MUX tables and PIDs. I also noted that it would capture portions of the table (differently each time) with a maximum of 156 PMTs. Since I have several years of concurrent TS Reader Pro licensing and have worked with Rod in the past, I hope for a better response that you experienced. I wrote a detailed email to Rod requesting assistance. If there is a fix available or we find a solution to these limitations, I will certainly post.

It appears that it is either a timing or memory allocation that is also limiting TS Reader from logging all of the 3951 MUX Tables. Still having issues with TS Reader crashing during the Table reading, but not as frequent with the memory fix on the PC. At least we were able to capture a larger portion of the MUX to determine why the microHD was not logging this MUX.

I'm liking what I'm seeing in the micro receiver SatelliteAV is developing. I especially like the fact that they will work with this unit until it becomes a fitting receiver for the NA FTA community. Here's hoping for a very nice price point when it comes out! :D

Inclusive of FCC cert, UL, Dolby,MPEG and HDMI licensing, we anticipate the microHD to retail at approx. $125.

Firmware updates are running on Galaxy 19, KU. So no need to track down the latest firmware file, it will be available via OTA-SSU satellite delivered update and also from our online file repository. If you wish to keep the current firmware, just save to an USB prior to pressing the update via satellite button. We are currently separating the download file types memory block allocations so your custom channel list is not lost when updating the firmware.

Last edited:
Inclusive of FCC cert, UL, Dolby,MPEG and HDMI licensing, we anticipate the microHD to retail at approx. $125.

Firmware updates are running on Galaxy 19, KU. So no need to track down the latest firmware file, it will be available via OTA-SSU satellite delivered update and also from our online file repository. If you wish to keep the current firmware, just save to an USB prior to pressing the update via satellite button. We are currently separating the download file types memory block allocations so your custom channel list is not lost when updating the firmware.

Way cool! Updates via G-19Ku just like the sub services. Guess that means there will be a dynamic satellite/transponder list that goes with the updates too... Might be a lot of work to keep it up to date but it will certainly make it interesting. Pricing is appealing especially with product source and support in NA. I am guessing there will be a lot of FTA people waiting for an HD unit like this, should do well!
-C.

Way cool! Updates via G-19Ku just like the sub services. Guess that means there will be a dynamic satellite/transponder list that goes with the updates too... Might be a lot of work to keep it up to date but it will certainly make it interesting

Satellite AV, LLC has been maintaining a Satellite / Transponder list and transmitting on Galaxy 19 KU along with firmware updates for our other GEOSATpro satellite receivers for over 4 years. Not a difficult service to offer if you have several collaborators and employees who help maintain the list!

Inclusive of FCC cert, UL, Dolby,MPEG and HDMI licensing, we anticipate the microHD to retail at approx. $125......

Can't wait to see what the "SatGuys SuperSaver Holiday Blowout" pricing will be!!! :D

Hope you sell a metric buttload of these Brian, it's great that someone who really understands what us hardcore FTA nerds are looking for is stepping up and doing this. I know we are a tiny fraction of the market but I'm willing to bet that most/all of the features we want/need will find their way into this unit.

very cool :)

Now I hope it doesnt have the issue my Manhattan does. The IR sensor is all wacky because I have an older (4 years) plasma HDTV. I have to place the receiver about a foot away from the TV instead of in the entertainment center. If its near the TV the remote doesnt work

very cool :)

Now I hope it doesnt have the issue my Manhattan does. The IR sensor is all wacky because I have an older (4 years) plasma HDTV. I have to place the receiver about a foot away from the TV instead of in the entertainment center. If its near the TV the remote doesnt work

We haven't noted any IR operational issues related to interference from electronic devices. Is the unit near the power supply for your TV? That is a strange issue that might be related to poor shielding on the PCB rather than the IR pick-up.

We are slightly modifying the microHD to provide a wider look angle for the IR pick-up. Currently the design allows an inadequate 50 degrees at 5 meters, but we are attempting 150+ degrees at 5M. These are some of the little details that we are incorporating.

BTW.... Did I mention 150 satellite / 10,000 channels capacity, locked 480i NTSC on the composite and HDMI 1.3 variable up to 1080P @60hz? Manual channel entry, simultaneous switch and motor control, and quite a few more features are implemented that we normally expect from our receivers..... These are not wish list items or for future release. They work now! :cool:

Stay tuned for more info

I'm willing to bet that most/all of the features we want/need will find their way into this unit.

Thank you for your most kind wishes!

I regret that the microHD will not support 4:2:2.

As many of you know, the reason that we did not introduce a MPEG4/S2 STB earlier was that we were in search of the Holy Grail and had several development projects to implement 4:2:2. When it became apparent that we could not release an economical STB with 4:2:2 (even with and additional daughterboard) we focused our efforts on a solid performing simple STB with the important features that I would want on my personal receiver. I believe that we are headed in a great direction and will have a well designed PCB to support a few additional projects and the suggestions of all of you.

We haven't noted any IR operational issues related to interference from electronic devices. Is the unit near the power supply for your TV? That is a strange issue that might be related to poor shielding on the PCB rather than the IR pick-up.

nah its the TV. In an e-mail to Jeff from Manhattan it has been duplicated

Tony (Ice) mentioned and issue with remote control. Some older screens have an energy problem that allows interference from the TV with the remote. We are adding a filter to the sensor to eliminate this issue. But you may want to re-locate the unit further away from the TV if possible. Mostly an issue with older Plasmas from my understanding. (another Manhattan owner), found this issue on his older plasma

If its in the entertainment center the remote wont work unless the TV is off. Ironically where the receiver is now the surge protector I have (TV plugged into that) is about 3 inches away and it works fine

Off topic, but on thing I would love to see on this box is addressable remote support.

The way this box sounds I will want two of them, one for my c/ku band dish and another for my separate ku band dish, and would love to use them in the same room.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

I'd like to see it not overwrite user-entered channel names when doing a scan. The only problem I can see is that it would need to know enough to change the names on channels that change their own names (i.e., if two uplinkers use the same transponder, or if Globecast or somebody changes channels and re-uses the same PIDs), so there would probably need to be a flag in the channel list to indicate to the scan routine that it's a user-assigned name.

Brian, how is the heat dissipation on this unit? That would be my only concern. Seems like a great unit.

Brian, how is the heat dissipation on this unit? That would be my only concern. Seems like a great unit.

The size of the enclosure has minimal effect on the STB operation as long as the chipsets have adequate heat dissipation with proper heat sinks and the cases are well ventilated. The micoHD case is vented on both top and sides.

Hot Box tested the microHD for 350 hours enclosed in a 1 cubic foot sealed box tuned to a medium bandwidth HD channel. Enclosure temp averaged 90 DEG. F. The heat sink was warm to the touch and the chipset remains within specifications. In a 12 hour test under sustained high bandwidth HD the chipset remained within specifications and no heat related issues have been found.

I'd like to see it not overwrite user-entered channel names when doing a scan.

This feature would be simple to add. It would need to be a user selected function with the default set to the typical SID rewrite routine that most STB follow.

How about two types of channel scans? Update: Add New Channels and a Complete Channel Scan selections.
1. The Add New Channel scan would ignore existing SIDs on each transponder and only add new found channels to the channel list.
2. A Complete Channel scan would erase channels from current satellite or transponder and rewrite all found channels.

Off topic, but on thing I would love to see on this box is addressable remote support.

Simple feature to add to the microHD. At this point in the build and approval, it would be a 2nd generation function as the remote order has already been placed.

We only need to source an upgraded remote with multiple keycode function and write in either a menu or remote activated option for the RCU custom code selection. Example: Press and hold the RCU MENU button for 10 seconds until the power indicator turns solid. Press the up or down arrow key to select the RCU code 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,etc. The power LED will blink the number of times for the selected code. Aim the remote at the STB and press OK. The STB will power cycle. When the STB restarts, the remote and the STB will communicate with the new RCU code.

Easy .... :clap

Brian, It look like this is going to be one sweet little box.One question will it be able to handle DISEqC 1.1 along with 1.2 or 1.3.
and with 22Khz tone switch.

Last edited:
Brian, I hate to hijack this topic anymore than it has been but would I be able to install this box vertically or will it block side vents?
It would be nice if it came with a small plastic stand to do that (hint, hint :))

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts