New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA
Congrats Rocket69! Darn... I'm usually reading the board around that time, but I was out running an errand... :( Well, maybe we can get this thread to 2000 posts and have another chance at it! :D

Brian, the features of the chipset continue to amaze me... I can't wait to see what this little box will be capable of!

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
I'm thinking if we can get Brian to delay production a couple of more weeks, he'll discover it will do 4:2:2:D

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Magic Static said:
I'm thinking if we can get Brian to delay production a couple of more weeks, he'll discover it will do 4:2:2:D

LOL! Good one Magic Static!!!

It would be possible by adding a daughterboard, but that would change the case size to a mediumHD, change the scope of the project and double the price. At one point I was considering adding loop through ports to allow an external processor box, but 4:2:2 is so niche and the main market for this STB has no need for the this hardware feature or additional cost.

4:2:2 solutions exist by watching microHD DVR recordings on a PC, PCI DVBS2 tuner cards and AZboxes.

4:2:2 on the microHD won't happen .... Now maybe one of you will Frankenstein the microHD to add capabilities????

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Not getting a suggestion that the microHD would be out this month, I was looking at a new WX station. THEN ---- #1RVMOM changed that and said we were going to get a new kitchen stove. Her reasoning won out! So the stove is ordered. That puts my ordering of the microHD off for a while. But with the price of gas, if I can save 8 gallons of gas a month with the microHD, I might work it into the budget quicker, and since the microHD can remain powered all the time on DC it should work with the hard drive rather than USB sticks which will save another $15 / month for the stick and another 5 gallons of gas for the trip to the store - oops, still have to get groceries.

OK, Brian, get it working right. These others that have added extras to "my receiver" want it sooner, and they bring down the costs to where I can afford it! Thanks all you other SatelliteGuys! When mom and I talked with Brian, (4 or 5 years ago) the 12V 'RV' receiver would have cost me over $400! Now it is a reality! Just production delays, and the beta units are working! So, if you are feeling upset about the delay, "I feel you pain" !

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
DREAM TYME >>>><<<< >>>><<<<

A small connector on microHD2 to feed the signal to micro442HD with the RF on it and the daughter board etc., in the "behind the scenes box", which would have the 12 VDC power input connector on it with a 12 to 18 inch pigtail for the 12 VDC out to feed the microHD. >>>>snoring<<<< OK, since this is second release, the connector would allow two way communication between the boxes. Then micro442HD, as a niche box, would be available for only $497.50 including shipping for those who wanted it! And for only $56.95 more, you could get a 750 GB hard drive with it to slide into the slot on the front of the box! And wait there is more! for only $22.35 more we will include a controller that will adjust the polarity on your old C-band dish! And just think, you can add the special mounting plate accessory to mount three units either in a rack mount or under a counter, for only $12.99 more! /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Oh the alarm clock woke me up. I need some coffee.

Conky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 22, 2008
SW Ontario
will this receiver support dish network legacy switches like sw21 sw44 etc just wondering if I will have to buy switches

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
No legacy Dish Network switch support at this time. We have provided switch settings in the past fon other GEOSATpro receiver models, but had not planned on supporting SW series switches with the microHD. If we get enough requests we could devote some development time for a future firmware release.

Pixl

Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
No legacy Dish Network switch support at this time. We have provided switch settings in the past fon other GEOSATpro receiver models, but had not planned on supporting SW series switches with the microHD. If we get enough requests we could devote some development time for a future firmware release.

I had SW-21 switch support on my previous GeoSatpro receiver and took full advantage of it. It gave me another layer of cascaded switches, worked great and gave me quite a bit of flexibility in dish layout. I would like to see this added if possible.

ynnedibanez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 7, 2009
Greeneville, Tennessee
I had SW-21 switch support on my previous GeoSatpro receiver and took full advantage of it. It gave me another layer of cascaded switches, worked great and gave me quite a bit of flexibility in dish layout. I would like to see this added if possible.

i would like to see this as well, i have a box full of legacy dish switches that i would love to use.

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Unless I missed it in the last thousand posts, is there an actual date the Micro will be "on sale?"

RT.

The below was posted yesterday.

We are getting very close to firmware approval with the new SDK. Should have it completed within the week then it is off to burn the flash chips and onto the production line.

Don't let anyone's hardware promises hold up your purchase...... You might be happier with existing hardware in-hand rather than waiting for the microHD release. Just depends on your level of patience and your immediate needs....

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
The below was posted yesterday.
....."We are getting very close to firmware approval with the new SDK. Should have it completed within the week then it is off to burn the flash chips and onto the production line."
OK, missed that. Burn chips, on to production line.......If this is done in China.......packaging, qualty control, transporting to the "dock", on to the ships, travel to the US, unloading, transporting to dealers, maybe by the middle of May? Understand> NOT complaining, just estimating.

What I am waiting for is reading all the posts that will pop up after users get this neat little box in their hands. It IS going to be a great unit for many. It lacks two things I need to make it compatable for my system and I have two receivers that are working OK. So it may be some time before I would purchase one. That is unless the praise is so high I just could not stand not having one......

RT.

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 21, 2007
MA

Adding the Dish Network switches will be absolutely appreciated.

Conky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 22, 2008
SW Ontario
I would like the legacy switches supported because their cheap/free to get from former ExpressVu/ DN customers.

Pixl

Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
INTERESTING USELESS FACTS.

This thread was started last November. We have averaged a post every 3 1/2 hours continuously, 24 hours a day, every day since then!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts