New Guide Layout?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

youngbloodz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
When did this happen? I just happen to turn on my tv and it came on....Its very bright and colorful, Big improvement from the old bland one!

When did this happen? I just happen to turn on my tv and it came on....Its very bright and colorful, Big improvement from the old bland one!

That depends, if you do the CE's it happened about 3 months ago, if not it was send down via the normal process and you got it NOW.
Some have had it for awhile now, others not.

Jimbo

What's it on? HR20-100?

I have a HR20-700, I had a -100 and had the new guide on both if I recall correctly ... I know have 2 -700's so I know they both have the newer whiter screen.
Can you believe people were complaining about that when it came out ?

Jimbo

Some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope.

I haven't got the new guide yet. Something to look forward too!

We should point out it is only a new color scheme, not a new layout.

I've had it a few months and really like it.

When I turned on my HR20-700 this morning I did get slightly new functionality. The notes said larger fonts in the menu (which I didn't see) and favorites being handled in a slightly different way (which I did see).

Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem like much of a change to me. Maybe some "softening of the edges," but that's about it. When you guys said it was a new color scheme, I was expecting Orange or something.... :D

What's changed for me is that when I'm in the guide, I can hit the yellow button and change the filter on the fly. That is, I can choose HD only, sports, movies, custom 1/2, etc. Before I needed to backtrack into menu/favorites to do this. It's a nice improvement. Why isn't anyone else talking about this.....or is it insignificant?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts