New Guide Suggestion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

35LKSA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Eastern PA
I just got the new Guide. So far I am OK with what I see. Here is a suggestion to DirecTV if they are watching.

How about the choice, when selecting a program in the future, to have the receiver automatically switch to that program for viewing live in addition to the current recording only options. I don't always want to record the program. I get tired of having to write myself little notes for what and when only to loose it before the program airs.

When we get older, CRS sux to live with.

if you're referring to a similar feature that the directv receivers have, and that all dish dvr's and non dvr's have called auto tune, that's been a request by quite a few for awhile now. doesn't seem that directv is interested in adding this simple feature to its dvr's. there are times where just like you, i would like just to have the dvr tune automatically to a program instead of recording it.

That's a great suggestion. Another thing I'd like to see...when I'm watching something delayed, but not recording (in the buffer) I'd like it to ask me if I'm sure before changing channels. My sister's family has an old Replay DVR with lifetime service that does this. It's one feature from Replay that I'd like to have. I hate accidentally losing what I'm watching in the buffer. Yes, I know I could record it but sometimes I don't want to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

YOU LISTENING DIRECTV ??????????????????????????????????????????

I doubt you'll get anywhere with that....

Plenty of us have inquired about Auto Tune on the DVR's and haven't heard anything.

I also doubt that your gonna get anywhere with giving D* suggestions with the New Gui seeing it IS new, unless they can make these changes thru software , with the time it's taken to make this happen, but ya never know, maybe software can improve it from here as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts