New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They should support it. I would be highly pissed if it's not supported. I'm not going to buy a new 4k set every 3 years just to get up to date on HDR standards. They need to rethink that.

That’s exactly what manufacturers want. Recycling every few years to keep up.
Drip drip drip.....

In addition to what others have posted above, it's probably easier to break it down to the bits:

Standard Dynamic Range maps primary colors into 8-bit space, so you can have primary color values of 0-255.
High Dynamic Range-10 maps that into 10-bit space, so you can have primary color values from 0-1023
Dolby Vision can support 12-bit, so you can have primary color values from 0-4095

It's basically less color compression.

Shouldn't the range on HDR10 actually be "0-1024?"

Does anyone else keep getting your TV does not support 4K and have to go back to the Display settings and select 4K. Then it works fine. On the C61K and have the Sony 75" 940E and using certified premium 4K cables. I know it isn't my cables and is the C61K but just curious if others are getting this.

Reactions: TermiNader
:welcome to Satelliteguys Derek21023!

Are you using the correct HDMI input on the tv? The inputs may not all be 4k compatible.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Derek21023!

Are you using the correct HDMI input on the tv? The inputs may not all be 4k compatible.
Yes HDMI 2 with the Sony X800 4K player on HDMI 3. Enhanced turned on. It works just fine after I go select 4K in the display resolutions. I can go back and forth and back to 104 or 106 and it works just fine. It's only when the C61K sits for a while, seems to do it then.

It is New that I like somewhat takes getting something used to after it rolls out New will take awhile to get used to but messing with it its pretty good not superb few kinks I’m sure they will work out on future updates otherwise pretty good imo

CEC control is handy, but I found it was messing up my Yamaha av amp. It would switch to the Directv input, then go to audio 1, then eventually back to Directv. That stopped when I turned off CEC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)