New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
HDMI premium certified cable being used. HDMI enhanced setting is for HDMI 2 and 3. I am using HDMI 2 port. I appreciate the responses about making sure my settings are correct. But they are. Why doesn't anyone believe it's a DIRECTV problem? Their software is trash.

Well -I'm using a NON-Premium HDMI Cable that came supplied with my C61K - and I'm not having any issue with the tv not keeping 4k Checked.

Reactions: Derek21023
I may try HDMI 1. Maybe the enhanced format on HDMI 2 and 3 on my X940E Sony TV is the problem.

Last edited:
I may try HDMI 1. Maybe the enhanced format on HDMI 2 and 3 on my X940E Sony TV is the problem.
Do people know if the 4K content on DIRECTV is in 24hz, 30hz or 60hz? I have a Sony XBR75X940E and with Sony's, you have to have HDMI Enhanced turned on to allow 4K 60hz content on HDMI 2 and 3. Reason why I have been using HDMI 2 on my TV. So far, I am not seeing any issues on HDMI 1 but I will wait a few days to confirm.

Just FYI- I have a Sony XBR 65X900E Connected to a Sony STRDN-1080 -Monitor out (TVHDMI-3 Tv input-Hr54-( Sat/Cable) hdmi -C61K Hdmi (Game)

In my Case- I use HDMI 3 on the TV as it's labeled a (AVR) port . As far as HDR goes you have to go into TV setting to display when HDR is active- at least for my model that's the case

Just FYI- I have a Sony XBR 65X900E Connected to a Sony STRDN-1080 -Monitor out (TVHDMI-3 Tv input-Hr54-( Sat/Cable) hdmi -C61K Hdmi (Game)

In my Case- I use HDMI 3 on the TV as it's labeled a (AVR) port . As far as HDR goes you have to go into TV setting to display when HDR is active
HDR works fine. I just have this issue with 4K being unchecked when I turn my C61K off then back on.

In my Case- I use HDMI 3 on the TV as it's labeled a (AVR) port . As far as HDR goes you have to go into TV setting to display when HDR is active- at least for my model that's the case
On most of these new Sony TVs, HDMI 2 and 3 need enhanced mode turned on to allow HDCP2.2 at 60Hz. So far no problems with it on HDMI 1....

Reactions: vazhog
Test it on 1/1 – Rose Parade, New Year’s Day, 8:00am PT (Available in 4K HDR!)****

****Limited programming available. To watch AXS TV and HGTV content in 4K HDR, 4K HDR compatible equipment, minimum programming package (SELECT Package or higher), 4K account authorization and professional installation required. If 4K TV does not support HDR, games will be viewable in standard 4K. Other conditions apply.

Do people know if the 4K content on DIRECTV is in 24hz, 30hz or 60hz? I have a Sony XBR75X940E and with Sony's, you have to have HDMI Enhanced turned on to allow 4K 60hz content on HDMI 2 and 3. Reason why I have been using HDMI 2 on my TV. So far, I am not seeing any issues on HDMI 1 but I will wait a few days to confirm.
On both 104 and 106, you will get 4K60 4:2:0 12-bit BT2020. Channel 104 used to be 4K24 before the HLG HDR update.

On TVs that have a HDMI Standard and Enhanced mode, most will require Enhanced.

C61K still keeps unchecking 4K with every boot up. Have to manually go back into the settings and select it even with HDMI CEC turned off. I am on 0xfba.

I had that issue as well. I found that turning off the quick start feature on the TV allowed the TV and receiver enough time to sync up that it fixed the issue. If your set has a feature like that, try turning it off.

I had that issue as well. I found that turning off the quick start feature on the TV allowed the TV and receiver enough time to sync up that it fixed the issue. If your set has a feature like that, try turning it off.
Thanks. I don't see any setting like that on the 940E. I may talk to a Sony rep or look in the manual to confirm cause I figured the 4K channels should be on HDMI 2 or 3 because of the enhanced feature. Which everyone on my Sony TV forum said you want to use HDMI 2 or 3. But that's when I have the issue with the 4K being unchecked. This morning, no issues with 4K not being checked on HDMI 1. So weird.

Thanks. I don't see any setting like that on the 940E. I may talk to a Sony rep or look in the manual to confirm cause I figured the 4K channels should be on HDMI 2 or 3 because of the enhanced feature. Which everyone on my Sony TV forum said you want to use HDMI 2 or 3. But that's when I have the issue with the 4K being unchecked. This morning, no issues with 4K not being checked on HDMI 1. So weird.
HDMI ports on your 940
-- Ports 1-4 will support generic 4k programming.
-- Enhanced mode is required to get HDR and is only available on ports 2 and 3.
-- In addition the use of BraviaSync aka CEC/ARC is only available on Port 3.

HDMI ports on your 940
-- Ports 1-4 will support generic 4k programming.
-- Enhanced mode is required to get HDR and is only available on ports 2 and 3.
-- In addition the use of BraviaSync aka CEC/ARC is only available on Port 3.
Thanks I fully understand what each HDMI port does and is capable of. I am just having issues with my C61K DIRECTV box always unchecking 4K when it is turned off and back on. I have to manually select 4K again when I turn it back on. It doesn't do this on HDMI port 1 but to get the full 4K experience on DIRECTV channels, they recommend HDMI 2 or 3 with enhanced turned on. But I keep having this 4k unchecking issue on those ports.

Thanks I fully understand what each HDMI port does and is capable of. I am just having issues with my C61K DIRECTV box always unchecking 4K when it is turned off and back on. I have to manually select 4K again when I turn it back on. It doesn't do this on HDMI port 1 but to get the full 4K experience on DIRECTV channels, they recommend HDMI 2 or 3 with enhanced turned on. But I keep having this 4k unchecking issue on those ports.

Could that be because -when not receiving HDR only 4K is -making it default ?

Could that be because -when not receiving HDR only 4K is -making it default ?
I really have no idea what is going on. DirecTV just released a new guide update and that also allows HDR content on their 4K channels. HDR was working on all my HDMI inputs when on channel 104. You can tell cause the DirecTV menu looks darker and going into the picture settings when on that channel, it said HDR. So it's safe to say I am confused on what the actual issue is.

What they did was add HDR to ID witch shows are 4K & HDR all else are marked just 4K - The new GUI had the HDR test screen added in the menu to verfiy the TV was hdr able.

Does the problem occur on ports 2&3 if you turn off enhanced mode? If yes, then enhanced mode is somehow interfering with the C61K detection routine. Sony has the enhanced mode off by default because of issues with some older hardware.

Also if yes report the problem in this way to DirecTV as that will assist the engineers in troubleshooting the issue. Not that they will troubleshoot but theoretically it will help.

Reactions: Derek21023
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)