New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wonder if we will get another new interface update after this one? I was chatting with someone at another forum who sounded like he was from AT&T and what he said from what he was told is they are keeping SatelliteTV, IPTV and Internet streaming and the DirecTV Now interface will combine all three of those delivery methods. He said AT&T want you to be able to get their TV service anyway you can get it.

I wonder if we will get another new interface update after this one? I was chatting with someone at another forum who sounded like he was from AT&T and what he said from what he was told is they are keeping SatelliteTV, IPTV and Internet streaming and the DirecTV Now interface will combine all three of those delivery methods. He said AT&T want you to be able to get their TV service anyway you can get it.
Sounds about right ...
Theres talk that they want all the gui's the same thruout their products, but I don't see that happening any time soon if ever ... you'd think if that was the case, it would be the same with the D* Now already, and its not.

Sounds about right ...
Theres talk that they want all the gui's the same thruout their products, but I don't see that happening any time soon if ever ... you'd think if that was the case, it would be the same with the D* Now already, and its not.
I am thinking maybe it hasn't taken place yet because they still haven't gotten the DTV Now interface just like how DTV runs. The DTV Now interface doesn't have multiple HD streams, can't do 4k or 1080p yet it does have the cloud DVR beta now. I read an article once where one of the AT&T exec's said if you hit it out of the park with unmanaged you can really get it right with managed. The only with the DTV Now interface is that it doesn't have channel numbers. I also forgot he thinks it wouldn't start until the HS-27 came out and the DTV Now interface running on SatelliteTV and managed IPTV would just work with the HS-27 and above.

I am thinking maybe it hasn't taken place yet because they still haven't gotten the DTV Now interface just like how DTV runs. The DTV Now interface doesn't have multiple HD streams, can't do 4k or 1080p yet it does have the cloud DVR beta now. I read an article once where one of the AT&T exec's said if you hit it out of the park with unmanaged you can really get it right with managed. I wonder if the DTV Now interface would run on the current and older boxes for both DTV and UVerseTV? The only with the DTV Now interface is that it doesn't have channel numbers.
Must have been an att manager that said that. :eeek

I've only briefly seen the D* Now set up, but it looked more like an APP idea of channels, like a roku or other streaming device ... I don't know why they would go without numbers unless thats the plan to be a streaming layout for all platforms ... to me that layout wastes a ton of space.

When I go thru my Roku channels there are big boxes on the screen, they could make it much more user friendly if they made a guide type set up. imo

Must have been an att manager that said that. :eeek

I've only briefly seen the D* Now set up, but it looked more like an APP idea of channels, like a roku or other streaming device ... I don't know why they would go without numbers unless thats the plan to be a streaming layout for all platforms ... to me that layout wastes a ton of space.

When I go thru my Roku channels there are big boxes on the screen, they could make it much more user friendly if they made a guide type set up. imo

Yes it was an AT&T Exec. I found that old article:

At INTX, AT&T hints at its DirecTV vision for the future of TV | FierceCable

"Historically these video platforms have been built for TV and managed networks first," Goncalves said. "So they've been built for set-top boxes and highly managed environments. And mobile came second. Our approach here is that, if you can do unmanaged really well, you should be able to hit it out of the park with managed. If you can do mobile really well, you should be able to hit it out of the park with a big screen and set-top box."

Also check out what happens at 12:09 in this video:

Last edited:
Yes it was an AT&T Exec. I found that old article:

At INTX, AT&T hints at its DirecTV vision for the future of TV | FierceCable

"Historically these video platforms have been built for TV and managed networks first," Goncalves said. "So they've been built for set-top boxes and highly managed environments. And mobile came second. Our approach here is that, if you can do unmanaged really well, you should be able to hit it out of the park with managed. If you can do mobile really well, you should be able to hit it out of the park with a big screen and set-top box."

Also check out what happens at 12:09 in this video:

Or have fast enough internet. There will always be rural areas where fast internet will never be available.

Is that when everyone else gets it? I still haven't gotten it yet on my HR-44.
No ....
Most ... 99% of the world gets it when its pushed to thier recvrs, if your into the CE side of things and are willing to run beta then you typically would get it over the weekend when the typical CE software is released.
Those that are seeing it in the stream between 3-7 am, are those that don't sleep.

IF, you are up around that time frame you can always try downloading it and see if its the correct software, you can always stop the download and go back to the National Release (NR).

Typically, I will NOT be up till its time to get up for work and THEN the last thing I'm thinking about is looking to see if software is available when I have work to deal with.

If you have time, then, yes, you can check the data stream and download if its there during those hours.

No ....
Most ... 99% of the world gets it when its pushed to thier recvrs, if your into the CE side of things and are willing to run beta then you typically would get it over the weekend when the typical CE software is released.
Those that are seeing it in the stream between 3-7 am, are those that don't sleep.

IF, you are up around that time frame you can always try downloading it and see if its the correct software, you can always stop the download and go back to the National Release (NR).

Typically, I will NOT be up till its time to get up for work and THEN the last thing I'm thinking about is looking to see if software is available when I have work to deal with.

If you have time, then, yes, you can check the data stream and download if its there during those hours.
Yes it is. When a NR is in slow push it pushes out between 3-7am Monday through Friday morning Once it has reached a certain penetration it is available 24/7. Which is now for the HS17 and the H44

Reactions: whitewolf8214
No, the NR is the software that is in the stream during "normal" business hours, so it is what you will see if you download software at that time. So right now the HS17 and H44 NR is 1001 (new GUI). The HR44 and HR54 get 0x0d8f. When a new release comes along, DirecTV usually does a progressive rollout in the early hours. If things go wrong, they can always put everyone back on the NR. Once DirecTV decides to make a release NR, the old NR is gone for ever.

I was up early this morning and could not resist trying for 1001 software on my HR44 and I got it. I suspect there is more information yet to download as it does not look quite like the video that Vazhog provided. My guide is all in grey rather than blue and there are no thumbnails of the highlighted show, just the title in a rectangle above the guide. There are channel icons in the guide for most channels, I noticed none for ION and the new Paramount Channel. The menu is also all just type over a grey background. Even my "list" has no thumbnails. At least I was able to set a couple of recordings for today.
How long will it take for this remaining information to fill in?

I was up early this morning and could not resist trying for 1001 software on my HR44 and I got it. I suspect there is more information yet to download as it does not look quite like the video that Vazhog provided. My guide is all in grey rather than blue and there are no thumbnails of the highlighted show, just the title in a rectangle above the guide. There are channel icons in the guide for most channels, I noticed none for ION and the new Paramount Channel. The menu is also all just type over a grey background. Even my "list" has no thumbnails. At least I was able to set a couple of recordings for today.
How long will it take for this remaining information to fill in?
24-48 hours

Status
Please reply by conversation.