New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was up early this morning and could not resist trying for 1001 software on my HR44 and I got it. I suspect there is more information yet to download as it does not look quite like the video that Vazhog provided. My guide is all in grey rather than blue and there are no thumbnails of the highlighted show, just the title in a rectangle above the guide. There are channel icons in the guide for most channels, I noticed none for ION and the new Paramount Channel. The menu is also all just type over a grey background. Even my "list" has no thumbnails. At least I was able to set a couple of recordings for today.
How long will it take for this remaining information to fill in?

How did you do it?

No, I am not noticing any lag. I do keep my video resolution on native so that always takes some time going from 1080i to 720p or 480i.
The ion logo has been missing since the first CE with the new interface in like August. Many RSN, some PI, and a few other random channels are missing logos too. Don't hold your breath in those filling in soon.

Reactions: Jimbo
The ion logo has been missing since the first CE with the new interface in like August. Many RSN, some PI, and a few other random channels are missing logos too. Don't hold your breath in those filling in soon.
Sort of strange here, as I have the ion logo in the guide for both the east and west coast SD feeds from 101°W on chs. 305 and 306. (and the west coast feed is also mapped into the local channel range as though it's the OTA broadcast from KPXN-30, which it really isn't).

But no logo for the lone east coast HD feed.

Or did it ever have one?

Reactions: truedowneast
Sort of strange here, as I have the ion logo in the guide for both the east and west coast SD feeds from 101°W on chs. 305 and 306. (and the west coast feed is also mapped into the local channel range as though it's the OTA broadcast from KPXN-30, which it really isn't).

But no logo for the lone east coast HD feed.

Or did it ever have one?
After looking again, the majority of the channels have a logo populated ...
I do have the Ion logos.

Too me, the logos are a waste of time, they are too small to actually read in most cases ....
Most people see the logo colors and or shape and know what channel it is, I don't think they actually read them.

Mine is also BLACK in it’s background, Grey on the left side where the channel name and number is and the channel your highlighting is Blue.Hopefully they will in new software update where you can change the color we can hope soon

After looking again, the majority of the channels have a logo populated ...
I do have the Ion logos.

Too me, the logos are a waste of time, they are too small to actually read in most cases ....
Most people see the logo colors and or shape and know what channel it is, I don't think they actually read them.
Yeah ...

They're really just eye candy, to make the guide look prettier ....

Yeah ...

They're really just eye candy, to make the guide look prettier ....
Remember, the logos are nothing new, the old Hughes recvrs had the logos way back in the 90's, we all did fine with out them for 20 years, now suddenly its a big issue ....

Dish Network's Hopper 3 guide has the logos and also has a 2 1/2 hour guide. I wonder why DTV couldn't have done something similar? The current guide isn't bad and maybe all they needed to do was just add an extra half hour or hour and a half to the current guide. Except for some reason when I use the current guide it sometimes has a few seconds delay pressing the info button.

https://www.technewsworld.com/article_images/2016/83251_620x349.jpg

The logos and guide look so had on my C61K. I'm not sure if it has something to do with being used on a 75" TV but they look so bad. I left feedback with DTV to say that the guide is trash. It's like looking at in SD

Mine is also BLACK in it’s background, Grey on the left side where the channel name and number is and the channel your highlighting is Blue.Hopefully they will in new software update where you can change the color we can hope soon
Yes, as you know , thats the new guide ...
As for being able to change the colors, don't hold your breath.

Dish Network's Hopper 3 guide has the logos and also has a 2 1/2 hour guide. I wonder why DTV couldn't have done something similar? The current guide isn't bad and maybe all they needed to do was just add an extra half hour or hour and a half to the current guide. Except for some reason when I use the current guide it sometimes has a few seconds delay pressing the info button.

https://www.technewsworld.com/article_images/2016/83251_620x349.jpg
Notice, most of your shows names are cut off due to the cell being so small ?
Thats a draw back to the adding an hour or so to the guide, you lose that portion of the show name.

Yes, D* could do that, if they decided too.

The logos and guide look so had on my C61K. I'm not sure if it has something to do with being used on a 75" TV but they look so bad. I left feedback with DTV to say that the guide is trash. It's like looking at in SD
Bigger screen the worse EVERYTHING will look, I wouldn't think 75" would be all that bad, but when you push it up to say a 100", I'm thinking it won't look so great.
It looks bad ... how ?
Are you saying it looks grainy or just what ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts