New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
+1

The energy people are wasting calling engineers incompetent, calling the new guide crap and threatening to leave DTV over this is absolutely mind boggling to me. I'll be damned if I'm going to waste my time checking but I wonder how many of them are the same people that were calling the old guide crap when it was first released.

Im still loosing part of my recordings in the listing after about two weeks, reboot the HR and they are back. Just another bug that is still in the latest 0X1101....

Reactions: dennispap
Another weekend without a CE becoming to habit forming with them :biggrin:coco;) hopefully they get back on track soon something tells me we’ll be getting a software update soon ;)

Reactions: Techiefan
Another weekend without a CE becoming to habit forming with them :biggrin:coco;) hopefully they get back on track soon something tells me we’ll be getting a software update soon ;)
I got a software update last night .... ;)

I went from 1100 to 1101 ...
I was not home to download last week, so it turned out just fine for me :p

I have been away from the site for a bit. I also haven't downloaded a CE in a while since I wanted to keep the logos as long as I could. I like them in the guide, they make it look better in my opinion. Well, I finally got 1088 pushed to me and I lost them, so I downloaded 1101 last night. What a nightmare they've turned this thing into. Well, the guide. I do like that they've made the background darker, but now everything is so big. It's like the large-print version of a magazine for an old person. Such a waste of space. We're back to fewer channels on the screen, too. What the #!%!$ is the point of the stupid blue line down the middle of the screen? I know it's the "current time" but it's so pointless. THAT makes the guide hard to read more than anything they've ever done. It makes no sense it's really driving me crazy. It goes right through the middle of the words. I really can't believe they would think that is a good idea.

Less info is displayed at the top, too. You can't even see both games on MLB Network anymore because it's written so big, you have to press info. More button presses to see the same thing is not an upgrade. 1101 is not as snappy as 1088 or the logo-versions were either. I am not happy.

I have been away from the site for a bit. I also haven't downloaded a CE in a while since I wanted to keep the logos as long as I could. I like them in the guide, they make it look better in my opinion. Well, I finally got 1088 pushed to me and I lost them, so I downloaded 1101 last night. What a nightmare they've turned this thing into. Well, the guide. I do like that they've made the background darker, but now everything is so big. It's like the large-print version of a magazine for an old person. Such a waste of space. We're back to fewer channels on the screen, too. What the #!%!$ is the point of the stupid blue line down the middle of the screen? I know it's the "current time" but it's so pointless. THAT makes the guide hard to read more than anything they've ever done. It makes no sense it's really driving me crazy. It goes right through the middle of the words. I really can't believe they would think that is a good idea.

Less info is displayed at the top, too. You can't even see both games on MLB Network anymore because it's written so big, you have to press info. More button presses to see the same thing is not an upgrade. 1101 is not as snappy as 1088 or the logo-versions were either. I am not happy.
Logos are gone for right now. Not sure if they are coming back

For all we know they are not going to release this new guide and go with something totally different.. I agree I actually like the guide a few revisions ago like 1037, with logos and smaller fonts. Really all they have to do is clear the fonts up, not larger but more refined colors and or sharpness of the fonts. I found the softness to be the issue and you can see a clearer font in some of the settings menus they didn't update. Not sure they have the right folks working in the software engineering dept.

Yeah 1037 looks the most aesthetically pleasing. Sure there are folks with vision issues or even people with perfect 20/20 vision but using smaller TV's or maybe sitting further back than others. Experimenting with the font and the font's color (from grey to white or an off white cream, etc...) would have been a good test. Even bolding it. I don't think jacking the size up to 72 pt Ariel is the way to go.

I don't know why they have such an aversion to options either. Let me pick the 1037 style guide with the small fonts and the icons. Let people in other situations pick the large fonts. These large fonts in 1100 and up give the guide the same amount of screen real estate as our local cable companies "i-guide", which is nothing more than a 640x480 SD guide. The difference is that DirecTV's text and graphics are "up-scaled" to look sharp and smooth (ie HD) but not provide any benefits of having the extra resolution in 720 or 1080 lines. I'm not sure how to get this feedback across to DirecTV. They don't seem to listen to the CE people either.

This is just Garbage

Had it about 6 weeks now. no improvement at all. plus it deleted 2 recordings on it's first boot up. 1 concert that had been on it for years. ATT looking to save $$$... let most of that crew go to another department. only because I hate people to be fired....LOL
but the guy who okayed this .. bye bye

Are you sure the programs were deleted? the "whole home" bug is widely discussed and can have this effect, but the programs are still there.

Looks like DTV is starting to rollout the larger font GUI to the masses, was CE (BETA) for two weeks but now moved into the daily morning weekday stream which means customers will be getting it shortly. This is what it looks like just in case you haven't heard or seen it.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Are you sure the programs were deleted? the "whole home" bug is widely discussed and can have this effect, but the programs are still there.
Don't use "whole home". waited 6 weeks haven't seen it...lol

Or, seeing its been on there fro several years now, was it the "next " one to be deleted for space ?
Always leave 35% or more, had 50% at the time this loaded. had the Keep on the concert.

So many bad choices with this new guide. my top ones are when opening a file it just starts playing. no choice of resume or start over. understand it's still there if "info" is chosen.

Another example is I record weekdays PTI on all channels there might be as many as 5 in a folder that day, when I get to it. when it's over I delete. but it doesn't always go back into that folder of the other say 4 recordings. it does over half the time. just enough to give me false trust. as in once... there were 2 other recordings first it goes back I delete it then with My happy Fast Finger I delete the other one... but too fast it went to game instead.
yep I hate this

I meant that I turned off the shared playlist on all my receivers and my recording's showed back up in the Genie. Since I can't watch my recorded shows from my other DVR's on the Genie till they fix the stupid new guide.

I noticed software 1103 on redh this morning for the hs17. are there any significant changes in this version over 1101?

I noticed software 1103 on redh this morning for the hs17. are there any significant changes in this version over 1101?
Have you checked the iamanedgecutter.com website? That's where you will likely find the best information on specific releases.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts