New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Got an update a few hours ago. No logos in the guide anymore. Now no signal with a very light rain. Same light rain that was giving no problems before this update.

Got an update a few hours ago. No logos in the guide anymore. Now no signal with a very light rain. Same light rain that was giving no problems before this update.
What software is it ? What recvr ?
How heavy was the rain ?
Might want to check your Sat signal strength ...

Don’t forget it isn’t so much the rain. But the clouds

Reactions: Jimbo
The update has nothing to do with the signal going out in the rain.

Reactions: Jimbo
Yea that solves itself. It just wasn’t raining that hard. My biggest issue is that the logos in the guide are gone.

Software 1088 upgraded today at 12:14

Yea that solves itself. It just wasn’t raining that hard. My biggest issue is that the logos in the guide are gone.

Software 1088 upgraded today at 12:14
As was mentioned, it is whats in the clouds between you and the Sat ...
It could be perfectly clear where your at and the picture may go out due to the bad storm out to the S/SW (in most cases) ... its the distortion from the storm.
In my case, seeing my dish points to the SW and most storms also come from the SW, if my Sat goes out, I go out and pick up stuff knowing that it could be storming soon ...
Kind of a Weather predictor.

Don’t forget it isn’t so much the rain. But the clouds

Believe me it's the column of rain between the dish and the satellite. I am sort of an expert from 37 years of using X band and C band weather radars in airliners. If it's a tall column (thunderstorm) it can affect your signal at some distance from your house.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I was plagued with the crap 1088 version this week. I got so used to the logos it actually made finding channels so much easier. This sucks looking at a wall of text. So much harder to find a particular channel in the guide.

Thing is, systems not any faster AT ALL. If anything it’s less stable. Can’t exit the music choice app without the whole system freezing and requiring a RBR to get out.

Speed test certified me for 4K streaming, but VOD is a joke. It’s slow, buffers and freezes all the time. Don’t have any issue streaming YouTube, Netflix or anything else.

Reactions: longhorn23
I was plagued with the crap 1088 version this week. I got so used to the logos it actually made finding channels so much easier. This sucks looking at a wall of text. So much harder to find a particular channel in the guide.

Thing is, systems not any faster AT ALL. If anything it’s less stable. Can’t exit the music choice app without the whole system freezing and requiring a RBR to get out.

Speed test certified me for 4K streaming, but VOD is a joke. It’s slow, buffers and freezes all the time. Don’t have any issue streaming YouTube, Netflix or anything else.
You would think that seeing youve had D* since what 2010 that you'd know the channels by now ... logos look pretty but thats about it.

Can’t stand it. Hope it never sees the light of day
You can go back to 1088 if you want ... however, it might get updated over the weekend again.
redh is not up at the moment, but I would take a guess that 1088 may be the one that Is in the stream at the moment.

Theres only 3 options that it would be at this time of day ... 1037 is a slight possibility, then 1088 and 1100 ...
If you get 1100 you haven't lost anything.

You can go back to 1088 if you want ... however, it might get updated over the weekend again.
redh is not up at the moment, but I would take a guess that 1088 may be the one that Is in the stream at the moment.

Theres only 3 options that it would be at this time of day ... 1037 is a slight possibility, then 1088 and 1100 ...
If you get 1100 you haven't lost anything.
Already went back to 1088. Had to 1100 locked up my genie twice 1037 was gone this morning on redh. Everything was 1088

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts