New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There seems to be an un-announced CE tonight, you all! 0x1100 is in the stream for all Genies.
Yup and they (DTV) finally changed the guide to be larger but with less information. It's a hot mess in my opinion!

Take a look at attached picture and note the blue in the picture is grey in real life.

comments anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_6885.JPG
    IMG_6885.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 325
Reactions: whitewolf8214
Yup and they (DTV) finally changed the guide to be larger but with less information. It's a hot mess in my opinion!

Take a look at attached picture and note the blue in the picture is grey in real life.

comments anyone?
It is almost like they are trying to copy Tivo hyrda right now

comments anyone?
My main issue with it now is the stupid line going thru the guide is useless.
If they just leave the dot at the top of the screen, that would tell people how far into the show they are just fine, no need for the line all the way thru.

My main issue with it now is the stupid line going thru the guide is useless.
If they just leave the dot at the top of the screen, that would tell people how far into the show they are just fine, no need for the line all the way thru.
yea and when there are two ads for shows in the guide you get 3 lines or channels of info. DTV will say people asked and they delivered.

yea and when there are two ads for shows in the guide you get 3 lines or channels of info. DTV will say people asked and they delivered.
Nah, this is just as start, looks like they went way back so they could address somethings and will more than likely be adding some of the stuff back and make changes over the next month or so ... at least I hope so.

Positive thinking I get it :)
Do you remember back when they first started doing the CE's ?
They would put some software out and everyone would say, oh thats nice, thats not and so forth ...
Then a few weeks later we found that what we were seeing the previous week was only a small part of the software they were intending to have as a finished product ...

Do you remember back when they first started doing the CE's ?
They would put some software out and everyone would say, oh thats nice, thats not and so forth ...
Then a few weeks later we found that what we were seeing the previous week was only a small part of the software they were intending to have as a finished product ...
I sure hope so. That guide in 0x1100 (pic Techiefan posted) is awful looking, it's not much more than the old guide with different colors. I'm fine with the guide as it is in 0x1088, it took some time to adjust to the font size, etc., but now that I have, it looks fine and I like it.

I sure hope so. That guide in 0x1100 (pic Techiefan posted) is awful looking, it's not much more than the old guide with different colors. I'm fine with the guide as it is in 0x1088, it took some time to adjust to the font size, etc., but now that I have, it looks fine and I like it.
I never had a problem with the 1088/1037 guide (logos or not) it was the Menus that I thought should be fixed ... some of which has been with 1100.

Are you looking at the guide/menu from your own recvr or just looking at the screenshots ?

I attempted a download early this morning around 4am but 1037 tried to download again. I guess ill try again tonight

Is there a procedure to update the Genie Minis like the Genies or is that something that the Genie takes care of if necessary (ie based on the software version of the Genie)?

Is there a procedure to update the Genie Minis like the Genies or is that something that the Genie takes care of if necessary (ie based on the software version of the Genie)?
The later ..

The Genie downloads and controls the when and what firmware updates for the Minis ...

And you can't manually force the Genies to do this ..

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Saturday night was my first CE download with our HS17-100. It went from Version X1088 to X1100. Make sure you look at the redh dot com/dtv site first to see what version is in the stream. The CE build (if any) is usually Friday and Saturday night at 10:00 PM Central Time, available for several hours.

According to the HS17 user manual, it will look at the internet connection first to do a firmware update – which is faster, then the satellite version download if the internet is not available. I’m not sure if online and satellite version are both the same during that window, so I unplugged the internet connection to force the satellite firmware download.

I just got 1088 and one thing I don't like is the date and time are right next to each other.
Agreed ...

This way as long as the date number and/or the hours are in the single digits you're OK with a space between them.

But when both are in the double digits they're all running together so you have to mentally parse them ...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts