New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got the 1101. pandora is gone and when trying to load apps like iheart or music choice it says I have old equipment and need to upgrade before the apps will work. also the faded black at the bottom of the screen and the top banner, is that supposed to have lines in it like a brushed metal look? mine does and I find it quite annoying. thought it might be a glitch so I rebooted but its still there. first time ive noticed it not being smooth. I do like the larger fonts but the guide is slower than 1088 & the menu freezes when in settings. takes around 45 seconds to over a minute for it to clear once exit is pressed. I have HR54-700

I got the 1101. pandora is gone and when trying to load apps like iheart or music choice it says I have old equipment and need to upgrade before the apps will work. also the faded black at the bottom of the screen and the top banner, is that supposed to have lines in it like a brushed metal look? mine does and I find it quite annoying. thought it might be a glitch so I rebooted but its still there. first time ive noticed it not being smooth. I do like the larger fonts but the guide is slower than 1088 & the menu freezes when in settings. takes around 45 seconds to over a minute for it to clear once exit is pressed. I have HR54-700
Your box probably wiped all data on the download. You will need to let it settle down and download apps and high res graphics

I really hope 1100 font size Is an option. I rolled out of CE actually like 1088 service 2 best yet. Channel logo where nice but not a cost of speed which is minimally different without logo but notice the clients connect quicker.

attached are 2 pics. one is the lines present in the menu info screens and the error when trying to access apps. is this happening to anyone else? not sure if the lines present in the menu system is part of their new design or a flaw in my download. if this is a glitch do you think a re download of the software might correct it? how would I get pandora back or did directv permanently remove it from their dvr's? also, I am connected to the intetrnet, even though my box says im not. when going through the steps to connect, it says connected.

IMG_0568.JPG
IMG_0566.JPG

I never had a problem with the 1088/1037 guide (logos or not) it was the Menus that I thought should be fixed ... some of which has been with 1100.

Are you looking at the guide/menu from your own recvr or just looking at the screenshots ?

I've been on 1088 since the CE on May 11, but the screenshot of 1100 guide (Techiefan posted) is what I don't like. Same as you the 1088 guide is fine, don't have a problem with it. I couldn't agree more that the Menus are not likeable at all, the horizontal scrolling is just annoying.

attached are 2 pics. one is the lines present in the menu info screens and the error when trying to access apps. is this happening to anyone else? not sure if the lines present in the menu system is part of their new design or a flaw in my download. if this is a glitch do you think a re download of the software might correct it? how would I get pandora back or did directv permanently remove it from their dvr's? also, I am connected to the intetrnet, even though my box says im not. when going through the steps to connect, it says connected.

View attachment 133798 View attachment 133799
Did you enable iamanedgecutter? CE software gets its download data for logos and high res graphics from a different server. If you didn’t enable this then it won’t download them

Did you enable iamanedgecutter? CE software gets its download data for logos and high res graphics from a different server. If you didn’t enable this then it won’t download them

edgecutter is enabled. my menu looks awful. my settings and recordings are fine but apps still wont even after RBR. I went back to 1088 hoping this would resolve the problem but its still the same on 1088. prior to the 1101 upgrade apps worked and menu wasn't distorted. im thinking about doing a complete reset and wipe everything, recordings and all but Id hate to do that if there was another way to fix this. perhaps I got a failing hdd.

In case anyone is wondering what the new menus look like that are curious and not looking to go beta here is a quick video showing the new and old ones. I did a quick video walking thru it from new to old so folks know what we are talking about. It's the biggest complaint I can think of that people leave comments on!

Reactions: longhorn23
edgecutter is enabled. my menu looks awful. my settings and recordings are fine but apps still wont even after RBR. I went back to 1088 hoping this would resolve the problem but its still the same on 1088. prior to the 1101 upgrade apps worked and menu wasn't distorted. im thinking about doing a complete reset and wipe everything, recordings and all but Id hate to do that if there was another way to fix this. perhaps I got a failing hdd.
No. You need to give it time to reload. Make sure the unit is off and no clients are pulling video off it. Also make sure there are no recordings scheduled for a few hours It will load And reboot on its own. It will not reboot if you are using a tuner. For example. After I downloaded last night I also had no apps and lo res icons. I cancelled any overnight recordings and turned all TVs off. An hour later the unit rebooted on its own and restored on demand. I turned the unit off again. About two hours later it rebooted again on its own and restored everything else.

No. You need to give it time to reload. Make sure the unit is off and no clients are pulling video off it. Also make sure there are no recordings scheduled for a few hours It will load And reboot on its own. It will not reboot if you are using a tuner. For example. After I downloaded last night I also had no apps and lo res icons. I cancelled any overnight recordings and turned all TVs off. An hour later the unit rebooted on its own and restored on demand. I turned the unit off again. About two hours later it rebooted again on its own and restored everything else.

I downloaded it last night around 1105pm eastern time. that's when I discovered the issues and just let it go overnight hoping it would just do its thing but this morning nothing had changed. I am gonna hold off on wiping out everything though. I don't have any recordings happening till next weekend. if 1088 hasn't lined itself out by tonight ill prob give 1101 another go. directv tech support said pandora is no longer offered in new software updates. I don't think that's correct....

I downloaded it last night around 1105pm eastern time. that's when I discovered the issues and just let it go overnight hoping it would just do its thing but this morning nothing had changed. I am gonna hold off on wiping out everything though. I don't have any recordings happening till next weekend. if 1088 hasn't lined itself out by tonight ill prob give 1101 another go. directv tech support said pandora is no longer offered in new software updates. I don't think that's correct....
If you are back on 1088 you should do a clearmybox and get rid of the edgecutter

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Relax ....
The Pandora and others will be back ... this happens quite often when doing CE downloads. Often times you lose On Demand as well.

I've been doing all the beta updates and Pandora has not been removed, I am still on 1111, but its there as always.

Patience is a virtue.
This is Beta software, it may take time to get certain things when doing this ...
If you like loading Beta software, Great, but stuff like this happens ...
Once in awhile you LOSE stuff, like recordings, or On Demand or Apps ...
Doesn't happen often, but you never know when or if.

If you don't want any of these potential issue, stay on the National Release (NR). 1088 at the moment.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Relax ....
The Pandora and others will be back ... this happens quite often when doing CE downloads. Often times you lose On Demand as well.

I've been doing all the beta updates and Pandora has not been removed, I am still on 1111, but its there as always.

Patience is a virtue.
This is Beta software, it may take time to get certain things when doing this ...
If you like loading Beta software, Great, but stuff like this happens ...
Once in awhile you LOSE stuff, like recordings, or On Demand or Apps ...
Doesn't happen often, but you never know when or if.

If you don't want any of these potential issue, stay on the National Release (NR). 1088 at the moment.

and just like that.... everything is back to normal. it did take into the next day but after going back to 1088 the menu graphics smoothed out, internet stabilized, apps work and pandora came back. im new to all this so I appreciate all the replies and information given. now that I know a little of what to expect, when things like this happen it wont be such a shock.

In case anyone is wondering what the new menus look like that are curious and not looking to go beta here is a quick video showing the new and old ones. I did a quick video walking thru it from new to old so folks know what we are talking about. It's the biggest complaint I can think of that people leave comments on!

It looks absolutely terrible. They modernized the GUI and now they are stripping it back to what it used to be, minus the background.

I HATE 1088 with a passion. Now they are going to make it even worse? 2006 called, they want their guide back.

Really why go to all this trouble to make it look like my HR24 guide without the background graphics under the grid? All it really looks like is a tweak on the old GUI with a redesigned “main menu” and the Charter Spectrum guide color palette.

Yuck.

I like the new blacker blacks and whiter white fonts, an that's about it. Having the vertical line to mark the current time is worse then the having all cells shaded darker like the previous releases and it's an even more of a retarded idea then recording on 'All Channels' only.

Keep in mind people ... this is NOT a finished product at the moment.

Here is a prime example, the last two posters ....
1 likes the guide (too some extent) ...
1 hates it regardless ....

How are they suppose to win ?
Make the 1st poster happy and the 2nd says its garbage ...
Make the 2nd poster happy and the 1st doesn't want it ...

They more than likely had to go way back to make changes to correct where they feel they want to change things ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts