New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah, I reset the receiver 2-3 times and it didn't change a thing. It was very annoying. I don't think I did anything wrong but it definitely messed the receiver up.

Why does it keep changing? Just a few days ago it was FF1, now it's FF3. What is it going to be in a few days? Lol. I'm just scared to force another update now.
Theres always different versions of software out there ....
FF1 was the one from last week I would guess and FF3 is the new one for this week.

You never have to d/l any of THAT software as its beta software and is only pushed to particular recvrs across the country ....
It is your Choice to d/l it.
Until D* decides its ready for the National Roll out.

One week they may be trying something different, see that its not working and take it out of the stream the next week until they get it the way they want it.

Yeah, I reset the receiver 2-3 times and it didn't change a thing. It was very annoying. I don't think I did anything wrong but it definitely messed the receiver up.

Why does it keep changing? Just a few days ago it was FF1, now it's FF3. What is it going to be in a few days? Lol. I'm just scared to force another update now.

FF3 is the CE Version Only download is tonight 11-3 eastern - FF1 Was a CE that D* rolled out for national release of the New Gui- The FFI has issue's the FF3 has corrected most those issue's - I downloaded it last night and it's working on my hr54 & c61K just fine -No issue's and it looks good so far - Should go get it tonight - allow 24 -48 hours for it become stable -as in loading all the 14 day guide data as well as all the On Demand Stuff as well.

You could visit the CE site iamanedgecutter Dot Com and read up on it - it's a free site as in no cost to do anything to learn more -this site used to be a ce testing site before the merger this thread is just about the GUI which will be forced on you soon as in roll out.

FF3 is the CE Version Only download is tonight 11-3 eastern - FF1 Was a CE that D* rolled out for national release of the New Gui- The FFI has issue's the FF3 has corrected most those issue's - I downloaded it last night and it's working on my hr54 & c61K just fine -No issue's and it looks good so far - Should go get it tonight - allow 24 -48 hours for it become stable -as in loading all the 14 day guide data as well as all the On Demand Stuff as well.

You could visit the CE site iamanedgecutter Dot Com and read up on it - it's a free site as in no cost to do anything to learn more -this site used to be a ce testing site before the merger this thread is just about the GUI which will be forced on you soon as in roll out.
FF1 was never a CE

Right now on the firmware watcher site it shows the FF3 in red as "New" so I'm not able to download it right now, correct? I'm hesitant on forcing it with what happened with the FF1. They sent me another HR54 and everything is back to working normally so I'm scared it may happen again. I've never had it where I turn the TV on and it takes a full minute for the picture to come on, something definitely went wrong. So it has to be in green on firmware watcher for my specific receiver, which is the HR54-200? Then go to restart receiver and as soon as the bootup/blue screen comes up hit 0 - 2 - 4 - 6 - 8? Do the clients need to be on as well? Thanks for the info!

*Now it shows the download in green

Right now on the firmware watcher site it shows the FF3 in red as "New" so I'm not able to download it right now, correct? I'm hesitant on forcing it with what happened with the FF1. They sent me another HR54 and everything is back to working normally so I'm scared it may happen again. I've never had it where I turn the TV on and it takes a full minute for the picture to come on, something definitely went wrong. So it has to be in green on firmware watcher for my specific receiver, which is the HR54-200? Then go to restart receiver and as soon as the bootup/blue screen comes up hit 0 - 2 - 4 - 6 - 8? Do the clients need to be on as well? Thanks for the info!

*Now it shows the download in green
Go for it if you haven't yet ...
I just did ...

Fwiw, I lost some recordings ... I'll check later on to see if they come back.

I lost a bunch of Recordings AND ALL my Series Links .... this was expected in earlier versions, I had hoped was resolved since then.
Sorry to hear that- However the CE was touted as "HIGH RISK" so anything is possible

Sorry to hear that- However the CE was touted as "HIGH RISK" so anything is possible
Thats been happening since the last Major change, up to the new F series of software, so I was aware that it could happen, was just hoping that it had been addressed in the current software, seeing its been about 3 weeks or so with this happening ... It was late and I actually forgot about it and didn't really delve into the site last night like I usually do.

If you don't do the High Risk ones then whats the point in testing ?

Heres another weird thing ....
I just tried to put back in a Recording, I am wanting to record off my OTA antenna ..
Guide shows : 11 WTOL for the D* Sat channel and
11-1 WTOLDT for the OTA as it always has ...

I went to Record the -1 channel, Series, so I hit it twice as usual.
About 5 seconds later, it shows up Recording the 11 WTOL on the D* side .....
Probably part of the All Channels thing, I would Imagine, another thing they need to FIX.

I will try to do more in a few.

There still seems to be a problem with the newest software. This may have been reported earlier but I haven’t seen it so please forgive me.

When paging down through lists (Playlist, Upcoming Recordings, Series Manager, etc.), highlighted item (blue rectangle) is always the second item down after first page. You have to use up arrow to see the missed item at the top.

As you can see, Rehab Addict was skipped after first page

06A02267-F810-4B8C-80E1-417E059EF049.jpeg 91671878-BEF9-47A2-A77B-1BE4CC80087F.jpeg

There still seems to be a problem with the newest software. This may have been reported earlier but I haven’t seen it so please forgive me.

When paging down through lists (Playlist, Upcoming Recordings, Series Manager, etc.), highlighted item (blue rectangle) is always the second item down after first page. You have to use up arrow to see the missed item at the top.

View attachment 129479 View attachment 129478
The blue rectangle is missing sometimes for me.

Heres another weird thing ....
I just tried to put back in a Recording, I am wanting to record off my OTA antenna ..
Guide shows : 11 WTOL for the D* Sat channel and
11-1 WTOLDT for the OTA as it always has ...

I went to Record the -1 channel, Series, so I hit it twice as usual.
About 5 seconds later, it shows up Recording the 11 WTOL on the D* side .....
Probably part of the All Channels thing, I would Imagine, another thing they need to FIX.

I will try to do more in a few.

Sorry to hear about your series. Your issue with the icon disappearing and reappearing where it wants is something related to the all channels recording, yes, and it's very annoying. You can't do the work around online either for OTA.

View attachment 129479 View attachment 129478
Yeah ... another bug, though perhaps minor ...

Good catch nonetheless ...

The various lists always appear to scroll 7 items per page, but since the first item is skipped beginning on the second page. All the remaining pages after the second are skipped as well ...

Reactions: lazydogmot
Yeah ... another bug, though perhaps minor ...

Good catch nonetheless ...

The various lists always appear to scroll 7 items per page, but since the first item is skipped beginning on the second page. All the remaining pages after the second are skipped as well ...

A better way of explaining it. Yes, a minor pain in the butt.

How do they roll out these updates? I have...1, HR54-200 with Oxd80. 1, C61K-700 with Oxa35. 3, C41W-100 with Oxfb7. I assume that's all old software.

I've been reading that many are forcing updates, but then I've read it's not recommended.

Do I just wait and I'll know it when it happens?

How do they roll out these updates? I have...1, HR54-200 with Oxd80. 1, C61K-700 with Oxa35. 3, C41W-100 with Oxfb7. I assume that's all old software.

I've been reading that many are forcing updates, but then I've read it's not recommended.

Do I just wait and I'll know it when it happens?
I haven't used the NR in ages, but I would presume those are all National Release software versions.

You will DEFINITELY know when it happens.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts