New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
What may work for LG may not for Samsung. Hopefully we get it sooner than later.
Samsung did have to push an update to there 2016 sets to make them go from 2.0a to b.. So it could be possible also for other 2.0a sets

My 4K signal leaves the C61K then through a Yamaha RX-A3050 and then a LG OLED65C7P. HLG HDR works perfectly.

Well, I checked out the War for the Planet of the Apes UHD rental download. Its only 4K, so I guess for now rental movies won't get HDR.

Well considering 2.0b is the newer standard in 2016-2017 sets, that would preclude older sets. Also, HDMI would not be required for RVU. I think it just needs to get pushed down in a firmware upgrade. I do have an email in with Yamaha on this and have tweeted samsung and am waiting to hear back a response.
There may be hope. This was from an article last year from rtings

There is also HLG or hybrid log gamma. This has been developed by the BBC and NHK for live broadcasts. LG have shown an E6 OLED TV running custom firmware able to decode the HLG stream. Since it doesn't make use of metadata, every TV that supports HDR today should be able to support it via a simple software update on the TV.

Anyone having trouble with the c61k when turning on the tv it takes a good 15 seconds to start displaying pictures...it seems like it has a slow startup after the update....the main tv with the hr54 is fine.

From what i understand HLG was developed in mind for older sets to be compatible.. But the tv makers need to issue firmware updates to be able to decode but also it does seem 2.0b is needed

I know that my sets(both Panasonic) got there HDR10+ & HLG updates two weeks ago.

Yes, Mine takes a good while to boot up and display a picture.

Yeh been like this since FB7. FBA improved it but still longer that my other minis

I see, glad I am not the only one noticing this issue because it seems kinda ridiculous in 2017 we still have these issues... hopefully they send out a patch ASAP to improve performance because the old software use to boot fast and going through the guide was faster. Surprised they released such a beta software to the public.

There may be hope. This was from an article last year from rtings

There is also HLG or hybrid log gamma. This has been developed by the BBC and NHK for live broadcasts. LG have shown an E6 OLED TV running custom firmware able to decode the HLG stream. Since it doesn't make use of metadata, every TV that supports HDR today should be able to support it via a simple software update on the TV.

I am tweeting Samsung about this issue. Let's see how long it takes them to respond! LOL . 1800samsung support has been very poor as the overseas people clueless and email tech support hasn't been stellar as well.

Last edited:
I see, glad I am not the only one noticing this issue because it seems kinda ridiculous in 2017 we still have these issues... hopefully they send out a patch ASAP to improve performance because the old software use to boot fast and going through the guide was faster. Surprised they released such a beta software to the public.
I don’t think it is a old software vs new issue. I have been using the new software since September and this only started recently

I am tweeting Samsung about this issue. Let's see how long it takes them to respond! LOL . 1800samsung support has been very poor as the overseas people clueless and email tech support hasn't been stellar as well.
Keep hammering them! I am hoping Rudy chimes in over on avs as he knows someone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)