New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does the problem occur on ports 2&3 if you turn off enhanced mode? If yes, then enhanced mode is somehow interfering with the C61K detection routine. Sony has the enhanced mode off by default because of issues with some older hardware.

Also if yes report the problem in this way to DirecTV as that will assist the engineers in troubleshooting the issue. Not that they will troubleshoot but theoretically it will help.
Good idea. I will try HDMI 2 with enhanced off and see what happens. I'm guessing it will be fine cause HDMI 1 works fine. Let you guys know and will be sure to let DirecTV know if that is the case.

Here’s an idea! Since the Live 4K Channel is part time and only for certain events, how about a banner to let people know that the event they are watching is also available in 4K and giving them the option to go to that channel.

Reactions: AZ.
You have a setting to turn on an enhance mode? Sony's have a setting you have to turn it on to get HDR.
Yes.

For the Samsung KS8000, UHD HDMI COLOR allows 4k for that HDMI port and using Picture Mode as Movie or Standard allows HDR.

Something is wrong in the handshaking of HLG HDR between DirecTV and Samsung for this TV.

The TV already supports HLG and HDR for YouTube, BD UHD player and USB files.

Yes.

For the Samsung KS8000, UHD HDMI COLOR allows 4k for that HDMI port and using Picture Mode as Movie or Standard allows HDR.

Something is wrong in the handshaking of HLG HDR between DirecTV and Samsung for this TV.

Not shocked. DirecTV has been a joke since AT&T bought them.

Reactions: HIFI and TermiNader
Yes.

It is a Samsung Issue.. Same issue all over Europe with a different HLG provider

Never said it was, did I? Just saying problems have occurred a lot more since AT&T bought DIRECTV with my boxes.
Interesting seeing ATT has NOTHING to do with the boxes being used (maybe a little with the HS17).

What boxes are you using and what is your set up ?

YES you did .....

Fwiw, AT&T can't MAKE Samsung update thier TV's.
Nope. Sure didn't. Just said not shocked. DirecTV has become a joke since AT&T bought them. You need to settle down a little bit bud. Do you work for AT&T or something? Lol.

Nope. Sure didn't. Just said not shocked. DirecTV has become a joke since AT&T bought them. You need to settle down a little bit bud. Do you work for AT&T or something? Lol.
I dont need to settle down at all ...
I'm fine, been helping people here since about 2005 ...
How about you ?

People REPEATEDLY told you that its not an att or a Directv issue, that its a Samsung issue, but you won't accept that, and continue to blame ATT.

Your issue with ATT has nothing to do with Samsung not updating thier TVs.

I dont need to settle down at all ...
I'm fine, been helping people here since about 2005 ...
How about you ?
Packaging Engineer and also do YouTube videos so nothing important I guess. I don't even know why we're even talking about this right now tbh.....

Keep up the good work

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)