New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have not turned on my receiver this morning before I Left, I have a HR54 700. I'll have to check when I get home. Hopefully it is still the same as when I left it, I tried the new I did not like it at all, it was a lot harder for my bad eyes to read, the old is very easy for my bad eyes to see

I have not turned on my receiver this morning before I Left, I have a HR54 700. I'll have to check when I get home. Hopefully it is still the same as when I left it, I tried the new I did not like it at all, it was a lot harder for my bad eyes to read, the old is very easy for my bad eyes to see
You probably don't have it anymore ha. I looked on redh and it still shows we should have 80 software but I have the new 1001 with the new guide. I would love to have the old guide back. When my force download yesterday I got it back and it was way easier to read. It lasted only about 1 hour cause I woke up with the new update and new guide.

You probably don't have it anymore ha. I looked on redh and it still shows we should have 80 software but I have the new 1001 with the new guide. I would love to have the old guide back. When my force download yesterday I got it back and it was way easier to read. It lasted only about 1 hour cause I woke up with the new update and new guide.
Still have the old d80, yey

At least you guys have the ability to “postpone” the update by downgrading to earlier software and not have it forced down your throats like dish is doing.
Its actually the other way around .... those that have it ahead of time did it intentionally .... downloaded beta software.
Once it had been tested long enough it was finally released to the masses, its starting that now.
It will get pushed to everyone with qualifying recvrs eventually.

Its actually the other way around .... those that have it ahead of time did it intentionally .... downloaded beta software.
Once it had been tested long enough it was finally released to the masses, its starting that now.
It will get pushed to everyone with qualifying recvrs eventually.

But not everyone wants it. It still eventually forced on you. At least direct isn’t phasing out old non genies that don’t get that update. My grandparents have the HR-54 genie and I dread the day the get the update. For them it’s going to be confusing. I already told them about it hoping it’s less of a blow. I know it’s not really that drastic of an update but for them it will be. There not very tech savvy. They didn’t get an HDTV until last year because family all chipped in to get it. Took a long time to get to the point they can change the input to there DVD player.

But not everyone wants it. It still eventually forced on you. At least direct isn’t phasing out old non genies that don’t get that update. My grandparents have the HR-54 genie and I dread the day the get the update. For them it’s going to be confusing. I already told them about it hoping it’s less of a blow. I know it’s not really that drastic of an update but for them it will be. There not very tech savvy. They didn’t get an HDTV until last year because family all chipped in to get it. Took a long time to get to the point they can change the input to there DVD player.
I have the new gui, my parents do not .... they come over my place and watch TV ... the change was not that big of a deal for them, they know how to use the guide on the new gui, and most other things (which is even more amazing because I don't use the same remote that most do either) ...
The gui change doesn't seem to bother them at all .... now, they are not getting into the menu on the new gui yet, thats where I think they really screwed up.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
The guide isn't completely awful but on a large TV like my 75", it is hard to read from far away and just too small. The status bar across all programs in the guide is stupid too. Just do a progress bar along the time in blue to identify how far along the program is in. It doesn't need to be on every channel. AT&T probably did no focus group study and just released this crap because it's like their DIRECTV Now guide I'd assume. I'd love to be part of their focus group but AT&T really doesn't give a crap.

The guide isn't completely awful but on a large TV like my 75", it is hard to read from far away and just too small. The status bar across all programs in the guide is stupid too. Just do a progress bar along the time in blue to identify how far along the program is in. It doesn't need to be on every channel. AT&T probably did no focus group study and just released this crap because it's like their DIRECTV Now guide I'd assume. I'd love to be part of their focus group but AT&T really doesn't give a crap.
I agree, the font could be bigger.

just my thoughts - Directv Now is using a C71W -and AT&T anoounced awhile back about the new interface would be cross platform -meaning to work with univeris and the like -so that my be the reason for the faunts being what they are- agiin the as no fact based but somewhat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)