New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's a recent great video I found on how to update step by step, but it's simple to do. I upgraded to 1036 with no issues and was coming from 1003.

If you missed it this morning I am guessing it will be daily till Friday unless something supersedes it. So far I have not had any issues and coming from 1001 (NR) about a week ago it's been the answer for many of my issues. Well 1003 did that for me but it's no longer in the stream as it appears 1036 has replaced it.

I only got to mess around with 1036 for a little bit. It seemed much faster and the font looks 10x better. Still could be bolder I think, but better than 1001. Channel logos are still there for me. Happy I was able to get this. Will test it out later today after work.

P.S. The channel logos are hugeeeeee

I only got to mess around with 1036 for a little bit. It seemed much faster and the font looks 10x better. Still could be bolder I think, but better than 1001. Channel logos are still there for me. Happy I was able to get this. Will test it out later today after work.

P.S. The channel logos are hugeeeeee

Here is a screen shot so everyone can see it :).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 7.54.55 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 7.54.55 AM.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 417
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 9.32.06 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 9.32.06 AM.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 356
Here is a screen shot so everyone can see it :).
I'm sure everyone will appreciate that. I would say the logos are probably too big, but much better than 1001. On 1001, they looked so choppy and pixelated. With them bigger, they look like they are in a much better resolution. I think the font could increase just a bit more. I think some may find it hard still to read from far away, but it is great to see what AT&T has done with improvements since 1001.

I personally love how the logos look in the guide, and the guide and overall text is much improved IMO over previous versions. Like said above though, i think they still need to make the overall text a little bolder to make it easier to see especially further away from the screen. Which is an issue i have at times with my eyes. The old version text was big and very easy for me, and the contrast was just right. But i can see the newest pretty good, so im happy they are constantly making improvements.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Tried to edit my previous post but couldn’t figure it out, but like when looking at the playlist, and the menu on the side, is like darker shade, same with the guide, if they would make all the text a bright white, like the old UI, or at least give the option, be really nice and much easier to see

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Tried to edit my previous post but couldn’t figure it out, but like when looking at the playlist, and the menu on the side, is like darker shade, same with the guide, if they would make all the text a bright white, like the old UI, or at least give the option, be really nice and much easier to see
Agreed, make the font white and everyone would be able to see it better, simple stuff but maybe it's not that simple in the way the code is written. Currently there are zero options but I bet that's by design with the idea of a uniform look. From what I understand changes to our platform (DTV) are no longer a silo, saying that uniformity across all the AT&T product lines are the future. So a change here has to be across all platforms that use the same guide layout etc. I might be wrong but that is what I am hearing....

Yes, far as scrolling through the guide, i wouldnt say it was lightning fast holding down the up and down buttons, but if you tap them its real fast

Status
Please reply by conversation.