New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Im on 1037 but has been the same since start of new UI. Wish menus were more easier to navigate. Getting to settings is alot of button pressing. Like the old way better.
Looks like 0X1037 is daily now 3-7 ET, I updated to it last week and didn't lose the LOGOS from 0X1036, it did knock out my on-demand but that came back after a while (1 Hour). So far so good, no noticed changes so looks like whatever was done in 0X1037 was backend stuff.

I also pulled down 0x1037 early this morning on my HR54. This is the first time I have pulled the new release. I am liking the new UI. I had channel logos instantly, so that was good to see. Any word if the DVR screen will eventually get an option to show a grid in addition to the list. I came from Dish Network last year, and really miss the grid option. It is available in the app on my iPad, would be nice on the screen too.

Last edited:
Yeah this is what I had to do; took almost three days for the logos to finally show up. And my internet won’t connect again after working for three days...lol. DirecTV is a lot cheaper than Dish, ONLY as an ATT customer, but I’ll be damned if their tech isn’t pretty sorry relative to Dish’s. I miss those 16 tuners sometimes.

There, corrected that for you.

I still haven't gotten the new guide yet since the message I got on Monday.
They are in no rush, remember they released it back in November to the masses. You can always do it on your own, I posted the steps here and the link is in my sig at the bottom. If you do decide you will need to wait till Monday at 3 AM to 7AM anyway, usually weekends are test releases which you don't want unless you have prior experience with. So either way you will be waiting as the new GUI that is the current pushed release is not in the stream until Monday again.

This is unless you have the HS-17 (PUSH only) or the H44 (latest is in the stream most of the time right now for the H44)

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I pushed the update through Friday early am (4:30) I like it alright, except the way the list looks when you hit list, I think it is just a matter of getting used to it.

Also dont like the playlist. Showing big block with poster when over title. Wish showed record date in list.
I agree it takes time getting used to it, but honestly I am a few months in and it's old school now. Only thing I long for is bigger fonts but that has been discussed here at great length. Also the font color but that I can live with, just wish the font was larger.

Anyone else displeased with the performance of their machine after the update? I got it about three weeks and definitely feel like the machine is much less responsive. Many times, I will punch in three channel numbers on the remote, and nothing shows on-screen for several seconds. It is just long enough for me to think that it didn’t register, and my fingers are poised to enter the numbers a second time. Never had this happen with the old UI. Scrolling up/down through the guide also feels sluggish. Overall, not a big fan, for this reason alone.

Reactions: rusc
Anyone else displeased with the performance of their machine after the update? I got it about three weeks and definitely feel like the machine is much less responsive. Many times, I will punch in three channel numbers on the remote, and nothing shows on-screen for several seconds. It is just long enough for me to think that it didn’t register, and my fingers are poised to enter the numbers a second time. Never had this happen with the old UI. Scrolling up/down through the guide also feels sluggish. Overall, not a big fan, for this reason alone.
Which firmware version do you have? Firmware 0X1001 was slow and it got much better in 0X1036 but I am still seeing after a week or so of being up and not being rebooted for updates, things start to slow down again. There is also a clear data / guide command but I am not going to post it here as that's usually not the issue. Give the HR and the clients a reboot, see if it speeds things back up, 99% of the time it has been working for me.

Which firmware version do you have? Firmware 0X1001 was slow and it got much better in 0X1036 [...] Give the HR and the clients a reboot, see if it speeds things back up, 99% of the time it has been working for me.

I have 0x1036. Just rebooted the HR54 (don't have any clients -- just two HR24 in other rooms) -- didn't seem to make a whole lot of difference yet. It's not horrible -- it's just noticeably slower than it was with the old UI. I can press 5-0-1 on the remote, and the numbers appear about a half-second after I have entered the last digit. I get no visual feedback as I am pressing the buttons. Previously, each digit was displayed instantaneously. This feels like I'm operating on a delay.

What software are you on ?
The 1037 software seems to be running real well for most of us ...
I have no sluggishness at all on my set up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts