New Guide UI now rolling out (plus HDR support!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was up in the night for a while and decided to do a reset through the menu and 02468 on the remote. I had 1036 (or was it 1037 ?) on my HR44-700 and to my surprise it went back to 0xd8f. I probably could have cancelled before it was complete but it was the middle of the night after all. I am not sure if I am pleased or not. Although the old guide does look rather old fashioned it sure is nice to move through the menu without it hanging up for as much as 30 seconds to get out of "what is on".
Will the DVR update it's software by itself at some point or what is likely to happen next?
It will update on its own if you leave it go, may take quite awhile .... or you can update it back to the current beta software.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
No logos here either, i dont understand it..before when there where no logos in the guide, there where no logos anywhere, in the quicktune, info, Nowhere, so i dont understand why they are not in the guide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

No logos here either, i dont understand it..before when there where no logos in the guide, there where no logos anywhere, in the quicktune, info, Nowhere, so i dont understand why they are not in the guide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
My uneducated guess is that they were causing some sort of issue, either customer or something like system memory etc.

Without them in the guide it scrolls much quicker (customer complaints, easy fix maybe?), the logos are still in the upper right when changing channels (info), so they are actually still there or being downloaded, just been removed from the guide.

Maybe it's to disguise the DTV logo that showed up for the 100's infomercial channels they have between the subscription channels. Now it's harder to see them, before when seeing the DTV logo it was easy to skim past it. Yes I know you can setup a sub only guide and remove that from view but we are talking about the customer who usually has no idea how to do something simple like that.

Just a guess....

Without getting another update and my receiver still being on 1036 I lost on demand and logos a few days ago. Enabling edge cutter and doing a clearmybox didn't fix it for about 2 weeks. I'm gonna redownload the old ui and see if on demand and logos come back if so maybe when it auto updates back in a few days they'll stick

Without getting another update and my receiver still being on 1036 I lost on demand and logos a few days ago. Enabling edge cutter and doing a clearmybox didn't fix it for about 2 weeks. I'm gonna redownload the old ui and see if on demand and logos come back if so maybe when it auto updates back in a few days they'll stick
I do suggest getting off 1036, if I remember correctly on-demand didn't work well in that release. The latest National release is 0X1040 and 1082 (CE / Beta), the previous NR and still for some is 0X1037 which has been around for a while now. So I recommend updating on your own if you want to get the on-demand back sooner. You can even get 1037 during the day for some HR's. During the window 3 AM to 7 AM ET you can get 1040, or you can wait for DTV to update you at some point in the future.

Reactions: Jimbo
I do suggest getting off 1036, if I remember correctly on-demand didn't work well in that release. The latest National release is 0X1040 and 1082 (CE / Beta), the previous NR and still for some is 0X1037 which has been around for a while now. So I recommend updating on your own if you want to get the on-demand back sooner. You can even get 1037 during the day for some HR's. During the window 3 AM to 7 AM ET you can get 1040, or you can wait for DTV to update you at some point in the future.
Yeah, I went back tothe old ui yesterday and had on demand in an hour I'll get 1040 this week

Refresh my memory ...

The latest NR 0x1040 has no logos either?

Still sitting on the 0x1080 CE ver. to keep my logos until I get clarification on where DIRECTV is headed with this ...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Refresh my memory ...

The latest NR 0x1040 has no logos either?

Still sitting on the 0x1080 CE ver. to keep my logos until I get clarification on where DIRECTV is headed with this ...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Correct. 1040 removed the logos from the guide

I d/led as well last night (I do them all) ...
I too lost logos, which is shocking as I have had them all along, even when others didn't ... no clue why, but it doesn't matter.

Now, with No Logos ...
I actually like it much better .... I have No Reason to need logos as they just clutter up the guide in my opinion.

I guess I can take it or leave the Logos ... doesn't much matter.

Fwiw, the On Demand IS there ... didn't check last night, but it is there today.
Often times, Logos and OD are tied together.

Also, my Speed test code is 88-690

yep. who cares about logos? they don't do a thing for me. would gladly trade the needless logos for a larger font.

Don’t connect it to the satellite. :biggrin
Or figure out a way to block it, either having something between the sat and the HR or hack the bootstrap to not update :) Good Luck it would be very sought after as many are asking the same thing over at the AT&T forum. Heck AT&T could charge for it and people would pay, so many folks don't like the new GUI. Personally after having it for a while one gets used to it, but we have covered this many times here, fix a few things and it could be better etc.

Just got the new guide version 1040 did they remove the logos to make the font bigger and to make the guide scroll faster? If not I can read the guide with no problem the font is ok with me. Still wish they would they would add another half-hour to the guide.

Just got the new guide version 1040 did they remove the logos to make the font bigger and to make the guide scroll faster? If not I can read the guide with no problem the font is ok with me. Still wish they would they would add another half-hour to the guide.
Font size looks the same to me as the last version (1037), it does scroll faster now.

It appears to me, in the versions without logos in the guide, that the font in the grid part of the guide is more bold than it was previously, not necessarily larger, but more bold. I have an easier time reading it without my glasses on now than I did before. On a side note, I swung by RedH earlier and it appears the minis may soon be getting an update to 0x100F, but of course I have no idea what it may fix, improve or introduce, if anything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts